[THEMES] Cognition 4.1+: Gingerbread, Honeycomb

What other themes would you like to see for Cognition?

• AOSP FROYO

Votes: 9 14.8%
  • Honeycomb

Votes: 50 82.0%
  • Other (Specify in the thread)

Votes: 2 3.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Make sure you backup before flashing in case something goes wrong. I am not responsible in any way if you brick your phone. You accept all risk that comes with flashing your phone.

With this theme I decided to go for a more genuine GB look. Which is why there are more files to flash. Also after some trial and error and help from people around the forum I finished my bootanimation.

Here are some GB themed apps. These are not required for the theme to work but do make the theme look good as a whole. *note the Dialer were pulled from Serendipity and can be found on the Serendipity site.

All of the files are Clockwork Mod flashable except the "Icons and Dock.zip"

*NOTE*

This theme will not change the look of your launcher. There are Gingerbread styled icons and dock attached if you want to theme your launcher. This is not a CWM file. Download it, unzip it and pick what you want.

Credits:
DesignGears: Cognition 4.1+
arcardinal: Larger font in the battery mod
MikeyMike01: Help with the twframework, themed Swype and dialer
Kaik541: More GB like Signal bar and fixed wifi icons

Attachments

• GingerCog4.1.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 432
  • screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 2,656
Last edited:

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Guide to Themeing

The attached guide is information I use to theme the Cognition ROMs. If there is additional information that you would like to know you can ask me and I'll try to answer.

Attachments

• Instructions.docx
    168.8 KB · Views: 273
Last edited:

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Honeycomb Theme

Attached is the Honeycomb theme that received of 70% of the vote in the poll. This Honeycomb theme has been ported from PuffinNugz's theme he created.

*UPDATE
The battery icons in PuffinNugz's theme didn't port over properly. I tried everything I could think of to get them to work but could not. So what I have done is recolor the GB battery icons to match the blues in the rest of the HC theme.

*Note
If you want your lock screen to look like the one in the screenshot you have to use the puzzle lock in the settings.

Attachments

• Screenshot.jpg
    Screenshot.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 1,007
  • HoneyCog.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 236
  • WhiteMMsbackground.zip
    687.3 KB · Views: 45
  • BlackMMSBackground.zip
    956.7 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:

adrian18w

Jan 3, 2011
Passaic, NJ
www.adrianm.com
Hmmm, I'm using Cog. 3.03 and it seems that this theme only changed certain properties of the theme. For example the notification bar is from this theme, but when in settings or any other menu, the font color and type is still from my previous theme.

Otherwise great work, thanks :)

Reactions: Anastayja

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Hmmm, I'm using Cog. 3.03 and it seems that this theme only changed certain properties of the theme. For example the notification bar is from this theme, but when in settings or any other menu, the font color and type is still from my previous theme.

I observed this as well during testing. I had flashed one of the other themes available to Cog3 and found that after applying my theme that certain things were still unchanged. This is due to the apps such as settings, dialer, browser and so forth were also themed by the developer. My theme only changes the framework and twframework files in the rom itself. Not in each individial app...for now.

AmandeepG

Oct 28, 2010
Toronto
Cog2 uses JI6/JJ4 framework.
Cog3 is based of the Rogers 2.2 and uses JL1 framework. Other users tried to use my other GB theme on Cog3 and it didn't work. So I made one that would. Supply and demand is what will drive my themes mostly.

Sorry, I think l was unclear. I meant to ask why the theme on Cog3 looks different than on Cog2 (like I notice some icons are different)

Sent from my Rogers Samsung Captivate

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Sorry, I think l was unclear. I meant to ask why the theme on Cog3 looks different than on Cog2 (like I notice some icons are different)

Sent from my Rogers Samsung Captivate

Which one of the Cog2 themes are you referring to? I know there are differences in the extended power menu and the status bar pull down. I'm not aware at anything else blatantly different. The reason behind the icons being different is that I didn't have new icons when I made for first two themes. If there is a request to update the old themes with the newer icons I will update them. Like I said before supply and demand.

dirtyballoonot

Oct 12, 2010
Not installing...

Gets stuck at Installing update for Icons and Dock. I've tried 3 times, re-downloaded the .zip twice

The GinCog3.xip installed fine.

Cog 3.04

kdwolf85

Aug 4, 2010
TX
Samsung Galaxy S21
Gets stuck at Installing update for Icons and Dock. I've tried 3 times, re-downloaded the .zip twice

Cog 3.04

I suppose I should have specified in the OP (will fix). The icon and dock zip file is just that, a zip file. download it and unzip the file to see the icons and dock. You will have to manually apply each one.

Reactions: dirtyballoonot

Thnikk

Nov 15, 2010
Thanks a lot :D I've been wanting to change the toggle icons in the notification tray on my perception theme for a while. I loved yours (but I changed the unpressed ones a tiny bit) and now it looks amazing, thanks for sharing!
before:
screenshotap.png

after:
kgBBP.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Make sure you backup before flashing in case something goes wrong. I am not responsible in any way if you brick your phone. You accept all risk that comes with flashing your phone.

With this theme I decided to go for a more genuine GB look. Which is why there are more files to flash. Also after some trial and error and help from people around the forum I finished my bootanimation.

Here are some GB themed apps. These are not required for the theme to work but do make the theme look good as a whole. *note the Dialer were pulled from Serendipity and can be found on the Serendipity site.

All of the files are Clockwork Mod flashable except the "Icons and Dock.zip"

*NOTE*

This theme will not change the look of your launcher. There are Gingerbread styled icons and dock attached if you want to theme your launcher. This is not a CWM file. Download it, unzip it and pick what you want.

Credits:
    DesignGears: Cognition 4.1+
    arcardinal: Larger font in the battery mod
    MikeyMike01: Help with the twframework, themed Swype and dialer
    Kaik541: More GB like Signal bar and fixed wifi icons
    Honeycomb Theme

Attached is the Honeycomb theme that received of 70% of the vote in the poll. This Honeycomb theme has been ported from PuffinNugz's theme he created.

*UPDATE
    The battery icons in PuffinNugz's theme didn't port over properly. I tried everything I could think of to get them to work but could not. So what I have done is recolor the GB battery icons to match the blues in the rest of the HC theme.

*Note
    If you want your lock screen to look like the one in the screenshot you have to use the puzzle lock in the settings.

Cog 3.04

I suppose I should have specified in the OP (will fix). The icon and dock zip file is just that, a zip file. download it and unzip the file to see the icons and dock. You will have to manually apply each one.
    I probably could. I won't be able to get to work on it until Monday or Tuesday.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App