[RECOVERY][UPDATE] Unofficial port of ClockworkMod Recovery for folio100 - BETA

Search This thread

wolfx

Feb 3, 2008
Lyon
This is a port of the ClockworkMod Recovery V3.0.0.5 for Folio100.

Almost everything is functional except some minors issues.

Known issues :
  • boot part is not backup when using Backup / Restore.

Update 1 : Cache is mounted at start

Installation instructions :
Download : update.zip
- Copy the update.zip to a sdcard
- Follow the same procedure as explain in this post for the FolioMod
- Don't need to wipe.
- After reboot, enter recovery again to see the change

Usage :
- ( VOL + ) and ( VOL - ) key to highlight the menu
- ( HOME ) key to select

THANKS to:

Koush : the original creator of ClockworkMod
Dexter_nlb : for the great work he makes with the FolioMod
All the peoples who help me on cyanogenmod irc channel

Last edited:

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby

Known issues :
  • partitions do not mount automatically at startup

Usage :

THANKS to:

this will be so great, good joob and keep em comming. Next stop Gingerbread

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Installed it just aminute ago worked great. I played around a bit, i formated system, data, cache and dalvik cache. I also tryed format boot but that was a no go. In the first clockwork 3 releases there was also this problem with boot. i cant remember if it was the same error, but its fixed now so that it works correct. I also flashed FolioMod from clockwork iwth out any problems. Really nice work

wolfx

Feb 3, 2008
Lyon
Can I use it with stock rom too? Tnx

I don't try backup / restore (nandroid) with stock rom maybe it work, but when i try to flash stock rom it skip the different part and don't write anything.

However, what could be interesting if backup / restore work is to make a backup of a fresh install stock rom with the last update include.

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
I currently work on the CM7, but be patient, it's more complicated than for recovery.

Finaly, one more rom builder. We need some options to choose from. Wish you the best of luck. And if you dont mind, maybe from time to time post progress on your work. If you need some beta testing, im there

Butchi

Dec 30, 2010
Back to square 0

Hi,
Based on the positive response i started to install the ClockworkMod recovery. As i got the error message that there was no space on the device i did a factory reset (i have 1.3c). Now the installation of the ClockworkMod looked ok. But after i rebooted the device nothing happened (blank screen). Only the initial screen shows (with pressing the on/off-vol+ buttons) after this just a blank screen. Also if i press within the 3 sec the on/off and vol+ the screen goes blank. So i guess i have now a bricked folio and i will start to read up how to unbrick. :mad:
BTW i do not know if i did something wrong or there is/was some particularities with my configuartion or that the clockworkmod still needs some work..

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
Hi,
Based on the positive response i started to install the ClockworkMod recovery. As i got the error message that there was no space on the device i did a factory reset (i have 1.3c). Now the installation of the ClockworkMod looked ok. But after i rebooted the device nothing happened (blank screen). Only the initial screen shows (with pressing the on/off-vol+ buttons) after this just a blank screen. Also if i press within the 3 sec the on/off and vol+ the screen goes blank. So i guess i have now a bricked folio and i will start to read up how to unbrick. :mad:
BTW i do not know if i did something wrong or there is/was some particularities with my configuartion or that the clockworkmod still needs some work..

If you delete the update.zip for clockwork recovery you will have normal recovery. When installing clocwork you pu the zzip to root of exterenal sd card boot to recovery do system update, device reboots, now you have to do the system update again, your now in clockwork recovery

wolfx

Feb 3, 2008
Lyon
Hi,

Not sure you bricked it, you can use the fastboot method to flash the recovery again, then you can use the recovery to flash a full rom.

boqonx

Dec 22, 2004
Hong Kong
Btw, where do we have fastboot access? I thought what we have is the tegra bootloader which is quite risky to enter? (heard of the story of ppl getting stuck in the bootloader with no way to get out)

wolfx

Feb 3, 2008
Lyon
Btw, where do we have fastboot access? I thought what we have is the tegra bootloader which is quite risky to enter? (heard of the story of ppl getting stuck in the bootloader with no way to get out)

you can access fastboot by pressing POWER x 3 ( attention : 3 times only not 4) then VOL UP when the folio start. I use it everyday to flash recovery.img or boot.img with no problems.

Usage :
place the recovery.img or boot.img in the same directory as fastboot then from a shell navigate to your fastboot directory and us the following command :

for recovery:
Code:
./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

for boot:
Code:
./fastboot flash linux boot.img

you can use the -w option to wipe data and cache

for reboot :
Code:
./fastboot reboot

nickwarn

Aug 4, 2010
Ronneby
you can access fastboot by pressing POWER x 3 ( attention : 3 times only not 4) then VOL UP when the folio start. I use it everyday to flash recovery.img or boot.img with no problems.

Usage :
place the recovery.img or boot.img in the same directory as fastboot then from a shell navigate to your fastboot directory and us the following command :

for recovery:
Code:
./fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

for boot:
Code:
./fastboot flash linux boot.img

you can use the -w option to wipe data and cache

for reboot :
Code:
./fastboot reboot
So if we flash recovery.img thru fastboot we should be able to boot in to clockwork recovery via rom manager?

Butchi

Dec 30, 2010
Usage :

Thanks for all the responses but i go step by step (hopefully "unbricking" my folio).
I was able to get to the display of the line "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol, please execute 'fastboot' command" (by pressing 3times the power button).
I connected the folio with USB to my PC (Win7) but the needed driver could not be found in the PC.
So i have a couple questions.
-Is the PC-driver part of the SDK? or how can i get the driver?
-I guess that with the PC i can copy via USB the recovery image to the fastboot directory. Is this correct? How else can i get the recovery image to the fastboot directory?
-Is the recovery image the "Folio stock image for full restore to stock rom" Dexters thread

Hope i can get some more help with restoring my system.

wolfx

Feb 3, 2008
Lyon
So if we flash recovery.img thru fastboot we should be able to boot in to clockwork recovery via rom manager?

Rom manager don't work with this recovery for now, official support must be added by Koush in rom manager before. I will commit the source to him when recovery is finalized.

Thanks for all the responses but i go step by step (hopefully "unbricking" my folio).
I was able to get to the display of the line "Starting Fastboot USB download protocol, please execute 'fastboot' command" (by pressing 3times the power button).
I connected the folio with USB to my PC (Win7) but the needed driver could not be found in the PC.
So i have a couple questions.
-Is the PC-driver part of the SDK? or how can i get the driver?
-I guess that with the PC i can copy via USB the recovery image to the fastboot directory. Is this correct? How else can i get the recovery image to the fastboot directory?
-Is the recovery image the "Folio stock image for full restore to stock rom" Dexters thread

Hope i can get some more help with restoring my system.

For driver :
- Download the android SDK here
- Edit "<your-android-sdk-folder>/usb_driver/android_winusb.inf"
- Add the following after [Google.NTx86] (or [Google.NTamd64] if 64 bits windows)
Code:
;NVIDIA Tegra
%SingleAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7000
%CompositeAdbInterface% = USB_Install, USB\VID_0955&PID_7100&MI_01
- start your folio in fastboot mode and plug in. Win will not find the right driver to use
- Force driver installation : click update driver -> have disk -> point to "<your-android-sdk-folder>/usb_driver/android_winusb.inf"
- Choose bootloader driver

After this you normally can use fastboot place in : <your-android-sdk-folder>/tools

For the recovery.img you can use the one include in the update.zip or one from FolioMod.

Hope it can help you

Butchi

Dec 30, 2010
I am still not there...

Again thanks for all the help and support

OK I installed the SDK (and the JRE as it was also a requirement). But i did not find the USB driver so far (which is strange because i had connected the folio with the PC earlier).

While doing all that i discovered that somehow the ClockworkMod Recovery was installed correct. I could get the expanded ClockworkMod menu. (Using the power button and simulteaneous the Vol+ button within the 3 sec. And whatever i selected update or recovery, i got to the ClockworkMod menu.) This looked promissing.

So i put an update.zip on the sdcard (dextermod 1.3b).
In the menu i selected 'apply sdcard:update.zip'. After this i got the screen (white text) Confirm install? THIS CAN NOT BE UNDONE and (yellow text) 7 lines with '-No', one line with '-Yes - install /sdcard/update.zip' and 3 more lines with '-No'.
After selecting the 'Yes' line i got the following messages:
--Install from sdcard...
Finding update package...
Opening update package...
Installing update...
Installation aborted
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E:Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E:Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log

Strange enough, even after the update was aborted, the system started again after i selected to reboot in the ClockworkMod menu. Wow. Who knows what happened may explain this. But nice for me the system works again (till the next time).:)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Known issues :

Update 1 : Cache is mounted at start

Download : update.zip
    - Copy the update.zip to a sdcard
    - Follow the same procedure as explain in this post for the FolioMod
    - Don't need to wipe.
    - After reboot, enter recovery again to see the change

Usage :
    - ( VOL + ) and ( VOL - ) key to highlight the menu
    - ( HOME ) key to select

THANKS to:

Just a quick note, if you do not wan't to flash the recovery you can simply use fastboot to load it:

Code:
    fastboot boot recovery.img

From here you can flash updates or make backups as you normally would.
    Just a minor update, cache is mounted at start, see first post for download.