cedesmith's (L)ittle (K)ernel bootloader v1.3.3
This comes with no warranties, if you use it you do it on your own risk.
Please read carefully the flowing information and make sure you know what you are doing.
I don't have time or patience for questions and support. If you use it you are on your own (well and this community).
- CWM 188.8.131.52
Q: What it is ?
A: A bootloader for android like magldr.
Q: Is it better then magldr ?
A1: NO, it is missing tetris
A2: NO, magldr has some nice features like partitioning and rmnet.
Q: Can i use last 24MB of nand with this?
A: NO, SPL will erase them. When i have some time i may try to fix it.
Q: Does battery charge with this ?
A: YES, from version 1.3
Q: Does it boot WP7?
A: NO. I am only interested in android but in can load and execute any program.
Q: Should i install it ?
A: If you had to ask probably not. If has no functional benefits over magldr.
- make sure you have hspl
- enter SPL by holding VOL DOWN key while powering/resting the phone.
- flash with customruu like you would a windows rom and/or magldr
Flash a ROM
- download android sdk, you will need drivers and fastboot command from there
- fastboot flash recovery recovery.img
- after recovery you can reboot and use CWM or you can flash with fastboot (fastboot flash boot boot.img, fastboot flash system system.img, fastboot flash userdata userdata.img)
Start recovery / fastboot / text console
- holding down any key ( except power ) will show text console
- home key will enter recovery ( if flashed )
- back key will enter fastboot mode
RMNET does not work.
- RUU 1.3.3
- 1.3.3 and 1.4 are are exactly the same function wise, only tools used to build them is different (1.4 includes nbgen written by me to replace osnbtool and nbmerge)
- see post #3
compile on a linux machine with wine and codesourcery toolchain in path by executing "sh compile
" in root of source
- codeaurrora for making LK and for making it open
- Martin Johnson for his tinboot witch was a great inspiration
- Martijn Stolk for his kernel segfault solving code and and cotulla for pointing it and his contribution to android on HD2
- all how worked on making linux kernel possible on hd2