[APP 2.1+][V0.9.7.3] Cricscoredroid Now Live IPL Streaming + Dash Clock extension

Search This thread

sachin6870

Oct 29, 2010
Pune
Released version 0.9.7,3 now with Live IPL Streaming!

List of new features,

• IPL Live streaming and highlights!
  • Dash Clock extension
  • Lock screen widget.
  • Cricket News Slider.
  • T20 WC Points table.
  • Full Cricket Commentary with "endless" scrolling.
  • Twitter Stream tab.
  • Preference UI enhancement.
  • Notification ringtone preference.
  • Changed Cricket score provider
  • Holo dark theme.
  • IPL States
  • Lots of UI changes!

CricScoredroid shows current cricket matches with current score, results and fixtures, It also includes Audio Commentary and home screen widget.
With the help of this aplication, a user can select a particular match for detailed scorecard. The user can also subscribe to various notifications and alerts such as wickets and score
updates in various forms (Status bar alert or toast, audio). It also includes a home screen widget which displays the current score.
Application Settings includes score update rate, widget match selection and notification media selection(With sound, vibration or light).

It can be used for upcoming All upcoming major seris.

It is available on android market. just search "cricscoredroid".
Use it and rate.

Android Web Market/ Google Play Link:
Google Play link

Screen shots:

lockscreen.jpg

Screenshot_2012-09-19-11-47-02.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-43-26.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-43-20.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-42-58.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-42-41.png

Thanks,

-- Sachin.

Last edited:

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
How does the notification system work? Does the app run in the background downloading data continuously and notify you at the end of 5 overs/fall of wicket or does it use C2DM ? Just curious to know how much data it uses once you close the app!

sachin6870

Oct 29, 2010
Pune
As of Now, its pull notifications where Application background service pull data from server periodically. Currently data sent from server is very much optimised in gzip format, its around 0.5 Kb per request. Also data update rate can be configured by application user through settings.

As per my knowledge, C2DM is not available publically yet. It still under Goggle Labs. I have already requested for access. Yes, C2DM will great for push notifications where server pushing notifications to device about various events.

Thanks,
-- Sachin.

sijju

Dec 13, 2010
Dear Sachin,

Just uploaded your app... the notification option is absolutely fantastic I must say... its has really helped me get constant updates of scored as they come :)

Although, I was a little disappointed when I started looking at the reviews of other cricket apps out there... there is so many more features out there in an app than just notifications, commentary, etc now a days. one for example is the Cricket World Cup 2011 app by these guys at Apppli. They have actually done a very good job at it and the best thing about the app is the Twitter feature which lets me follow the specific cricketers I would like to hear out.

My question is...Is your app a beta version?? Coz I would really like to see better features in the future... :)

Pat123

Oct 11, 2006
Mumbai
As of Now, its pull notifications where Application background service pull data from server periodically. Currently data sent from server is very much optimised in gzip format, its around 0.5 Kb per request. Also data update rate can be configured by application user through settings.

As per my knowledge, C2DM is not available publically yet. It still under Goggle Labs. I have already requested for access. Yes, C2DM will great for push notifications where server pushing notifications to device about various events.

Thanks,
-- Sachin.

Thanks for the reply. Surely looks like a good app. Will try it out during the next Aus - Eng match!

AFAIK, C2DM is available to all developers but there is a process that needs to be followed to implement that in your apps, apart from the technical nuances like support only on Froyo and higher!

sachin6870

Oct 29, 2010
Pune
@ sijju

Yes, This release has very basic features. This release mainly focuses on asynchronous notifications/alerts with minimal data usage.
I also used Cricket World Cup application by Apppli. It includes very nice features but It has bit heavy data usage. Its ok as long as you have unlimited data plan.

Yes, I am planning to release full fledge application before world cup.

Thanks for Feedback.

-- Sachin.

Reactions: sijju

sachin6870

Oct 29, 2010
Pune
Released CricScoredroid 0.2.1: Now with Audio Commentary.

This is major release which includes experimental audio commentary and two more tabs with info about upcoming matches and results.

aliwaqas

May 25, 2010
Islamabad
wow sachin, thanks for this. I'd really like if you can build on this app and also try adding some video streaming options ;) BTW I'll be supporting team India as well as Pakistan so let's c what happens. Thanks again!

sachin6870

Oct 29, 2010
Pune
Released CricScoredroid 0.3.0: Now with Full Scorecard

Thanks XDA for promotion. This new release features "much demanded" Full Scorecard.

Don't forget give your feedback.

Thanks.

-- Sachin

huzz

Apr 1, 2005
AlAin
Hi, application looks great but for some reason the widget isn't working for me :(

I am using HTC desire with a custom Gingerbread Rom (Redux-RC6)

Bazinga_

Oct 27, 2010
Hi, application looks great but for some reason the widget isn't working for me :(

I am using HTC desire with a custom Gingerbread Rom (Redux-RC6)

F.Y.I
From Settings you have to set widget settings and select the Live match.

Fking Awesome App with widget and notifications. Kudos to you. 5 * from me

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Released version 0.9.7,3 now with Live IPL Streaming!

List of new features,

• IPL Live streaming and highlights!
    • Dash Clock extension
    • Lock screen widget.
    • Cricket News Slider.
    • T20 WC Points table.
    • Full Cricket Commentary with "endless" scrolling.
    • Twitter Stream tab.
    • Preference UI enhancement.
    • Notification ringtone preference.
    • Changed Cricket score provider
    • Holo dark theme.
    • IPL States
    • Lots of UI changes!

CricScoredroid shows current cricket matches with current score, results and fixtures, It also includes Audio Commentary and home screen widget.
    With the help of this aplication, a user can select a particular match for detailed scorecard. The user can also subscribe to various notifications and alerts such as wickets and score
    updates in various forms (Status bar alert or toast, audio). It also includes a home screen widget which displays the current score.
    Application Settings includes score update rate, widget match selection and notification media selection(With sound, vibration or light).

It can be used for upcoming All upcoming major seris.

It is available on android market. just search "cricscoredroid".
    Use it and rate.

Android Web Market/ Google Play Link:
    Google Play link

Screen shots:

lockscreen.jpg

Screenshot_2012-09-19-11-47-02.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-43-26.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-43-20.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-42-58.png

Screenshot_2012-09-16-20-42-41.png

Thanks,

-- Sachin.
    @ sijju

Yes, This release has very basic features. This release mainly focuses on asynchronous notifications/alerts with minimal data usage.
    I also used Cricket World Cup application by Apppli. It includes very nice features but It has bit heavy data usage. Its ok as long as you have unlimited data plan.

Yes, I am planning to release full fledge application before world cup.

Thanks for Feedback.

-- Sachin.