1,645 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,139

By Calkulin, Recognized Developer on 5th June 2010, 12:51 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th January 2011, 05:12 PM |#231  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Bad block could not write misc
So I followed everything in original post to get my USB working.

I have root and I am running the Wimax Cyanogen mod by toast and shinzul. When I get to the last command typing in the terminal emulator
mtd: not writing bad block at 0x00040000
Error writing misc: No space left on device.

I have the latest radios and have tried all the above methods to fixing my usb not working...Any suggestions from the pros here?
20th January 2011, 09:50 PM |#232  
Flag Metropolis
Thanks Meter: 49

More
I hope this Helps??
I had the same issues of Evo not wanting to load my sd card. I had my phone rooting but when I used the Android App Terminal Emulator and type in fastboot oem enableqxdm 0, I kept getting an fastboot permission denied. The way I solved this is to type SU first then type the command line for the sd card. The su gives root access to the terminal. You do have to hit menu to toggle the soft keyboard to bring it back. Everything work. It did not do an reboot for fastboot reboot command so you might have to do it manually like me. I hope this helps.
24th January 2011, 04:59 AM |#233  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
SD card - adb commands?
Hi I have this SD card problem. My phone is rooted with the Evio rom and its been working fine for a while but for some reason today (while I was driving using the GPS) the phone ran out of batteries and then when i turned it back on, I couldn't use any of the apps that were moved to the SD card (including market!)
If I go to the SD card in settings, it shows the size of the card but i cannot have it detected via USB.

So I just wanted to ask about the commands in fastboot...I already have the adb program but can someone elaborate on the commands?

Am I supposed to type in "fastboot oem enableqxdm 0
fastboot reboot" by itself or are you supposed to have something else in front of it or after it? Do I just open terminal and just paste it in there? If so, I haven't had any success.

All it says is "-bash: fastboot: command not found"

Do I need to type in that "adb shell" command before it or is that different? I am confused and I want to use my apps .
24th January 2011, 08:59 PM |#234  
Thanks Meter: 70

More
In the middle of use today, my Evo suddenly announced that I had removed the SD card and warned me that I should not do so without powering down.

I tried a number of different things to get it to re-recognize the SD card and have been thus far unsuccessful, the most annoying of which was selecting the manufacturer reset option in Recovery, which wiped all my data and some of my apps, but didn't fix the SD card issue. :S

Plugging in the USB activates charging, the computer recognizes the USB drive but indicates that there is no disk in it. My 3 "Connect to PC" options are: Charge Only, HTC Sync, and USB Tethering. USB Tethering works, and HTC Sync won't find Sync on the computer....even though ADB devices does find the device.

I found this thread and followed the instructions and fastboot indicated that all was happy - except that when it rebooted, I still have no SD access.

I've checked the SD card on my computer, and it's fine - I just can't get the phone to recognize it at all, not via recovery, nor with Astro, or anything I've tried.

Any thoughts on what's up? Since it just randomly went out in the middle of use, I'm worried it might be a hardware failure on the side of the phone....

Using:
Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5
Supersonic EVT2-3 ENG S-OFF
HBoot 0.76.2000
Radio 2.15.00.11.19
24th January 2011, 09:09 PM |#235  
Flag Cheyenne Wyoming
Thanks Meter: 89

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadDogMaddux

In the middle of use today, my Evo suddenly announced that I had removed the SD card and warned me that I should not do so without powering down.

I tried a number of different things to get it to re-recognize the SD card and have been thus far unsuccessful, the most annoying of which was selecting the manufacturer reset option in Recovery, which wiped all my data and some of my apps, but didn't fix the SD card issue. :S

Plugging in the USB activates charging, the computer recognizes the USB drive but indicates that there is no disk in it. My 3 "Connect to PC" options are: Charge Only, HTC Sync, and USB Tethering. USB Tethering works, and HTC Sync won't find Sync on the computer....even though ADB devices does find the device.

I found this thread and followed the instructions and fastboot indicated that all was happy - except that when it rebooted, I still have no SD access.

I've checked the SD card on my computer, and it's fine - I just can't get the phone to recognize it at all, not via recovery, nor with Astro, or anything I've tried.

Any thoughts on what's up? Since it just randomly went out in the middle of use, I'm worried it might be a hardware failure on the side of the phone....

Using:
Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo RLS5
Supersonic EVT2-3 ENG S-OFF
HBoot 0.76.2000
Radio 2.15.00.11.19

Happened to me as well. I had to back up my card to my pc and format it to get it to work again.
The Following User Says Thank You to GadgetMonger For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift GadgetMonger Ad-Free
24th January 2011, 09:11 PM |#236  

More
Oh! There's a thought I hadn't tried. I'll give that a go right now.
24th January 2011, 09:38 PM |#237  
Flag Cheyenne Wyoming

More
Quote:

Oh! There's a thought I hadn't tried. I'll give that a go right now.

Good luck. By the way... what kernel are you using? Just curious as to what may have caused it to begin with....
24th January 2011, 11:24 PM |#238  

More
That did the trick, thanks!

Yeah, I was going to ask you the same question, actually. I had JUST flashed Ziggy's latest Evo Beta CFS HAVS kernel...maybe an hour prior to that happening.

You?
25th January 2011, 03:18 AM |#239  
Flag Cheyenne Wyoming

More
Quote:

That did the trick, thanks!

Yeah, I was going to ask you the same question, actually. I had JUST flashed Ziggy's latest Evo Beta CFS HAVS kernel...maybe an hour prior to that happening.

You?

I've been running SBC HTC #15 for about a month now. Just out of the blue this morning I got the sd card error. Wiped everything and tried restoring nandroids and nothing worked until the format. I just wonder if it's the card that's failing or if there's something else going on.
27th January 2011, 05:07 AM |#240  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I was able to get the fastboot commands to run but after they ran and said Okay... the sd card still doesn't work! what gives? Should I just flash the rom again or are there any other suggestions?
27th January 2011, 05:34 AM |#241  
Flag Cheyenne Wyoming

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by limache

I was able to get the fastboot commands to run but after they ran and said Okay... the sd card still doesn't work! what gives? Should I just flash the rom again or are there any other suggestions?

It's looking like that problem is going around. Must be something in the water. The only thing that worked for me was to backup my sd to my pc then format it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)