By ValeraVi, Member on 25th March 2006, 09:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2006, 07:11 PM |#151  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv
Thanks Meter: 2

More
New release!
I decide to make universal (general) installation packet for possibility to install SmartDialing on any device: with or without other version of SmartDialing. Because of this, the installation packet if SmartDialing consist of several cab files. This will help to install only what you need and save some space on Storage if your device already have some components (MUI, skin, etc.). More info in readme.txt in archive in attachments. Currently supported search of contacts with letters from next character sets:

CyrHTCBut (cyrillic, like in HTC PhonePad, with cyrillic letters on buttons (may not work on some devices - use CyrSiePic instead)):
2абвгАБВГABCabcҐґ
3дежзДЕЖЗDEFdefёєЁЄ
4ийклИЙКЛGHIghiіїІЇ
5мнопМНОПJKLjkl
6рстуРСТУMNOmno
7фхцчФХЦЧPQRSpqrs
8шщъыШЩЪЫTUVtuv
9ьэюяЬЭЮЯWXYZwxyz

CyrSiePic (cyrillic, like in Siemens phones, with cyrillic letters below buttons on skin picture (replaces your current background picture if you have custom skin)):
2абвгАБВГABCabcҐґ
3дежзДЕЖЗDEFdefёєЁЄ
4ийклИЙКЛGHIghiіїІЇ
5мноМНОJKLjkl
6прсПРСMNOmno
7туфхТУФХPQRSpqrs
8цчшщъЦЧШЩЪTUVtuv
9ыьэюяЫЬЭЮЯWXYZwxyz

Eur (letters from character sets: baltic, central europe, turkish, western; english letters on buttons):
2abcABCáàâäăāãåąæćčçÁÀÂÄĂĀÃÅĄÆĆČÇ
3defDEFďđðéėëěēęĒĚĎĐÐÉĖËĘ
4ghiGHIģğíìîïīįıĢĞÍÌÎÏĪĮİ
5jklJKLķĺľļłĶĹĽĻŁ
6mnoMNOńňñņóòôöōõőøœŃŇÑŅÓÒÔÖŌÕŐØŒ
7pqrsPQRSŕřŗśšşßŔŘŖŚŠŞ
8tuvTUVťţÞúùûüūůųűŤŢþÚÙÛÜŪŮŲŰ
9wxyzWXYZýÿźżžÝŸŹŻŽ

Gre (letters from character set Greek; english letters on buttons):
2αβγΑΒΓabcABC
3δεζΔΕΖdefDEF
4ηθιΗΘΙghiGHI
5κλμΚΛΜjklJKL
6νξοΝΞΟmnoMNO
7πρσΠΡΣpqrsPQRS
8τυφΤΥΦtuvTUV
9χψωΧΨΩwxyzWXYZ

Vie (letters from character set Viet Nam; english letters on buttons):
2abcABCăâáàảãạắằẳẵặấầẩẫậĂÂÁÀẢÃẠẮẰẲẴẶẤẦẨẪẬ
3defDEFđêéèẻẽẹếềểễệĐÊÉÈẺẼẸẾỀỂỄỆ
4ghiGHIíìỉĩịÍÌỈĨỊ
5jklJKL
6mnoMNOôơóòỏõọốồổỗộớờởỡợÔƠÓÒỎÕỌỐỒỔỖỘỚỜỞỠỢ
7pqrsPQRS
8tuvTUVưúùủũụứừửữựƯÚÙỦŨỤỨỪỬỮỰ
9wxyzWXYZýỳỷỹỵÝỲỶỸỴ
Attached Files
File Type: zip V_SmartDial_25b24516_v1.zip - [Click for QR Code] (404.9 KB, 2716 views)

30th December 2006, 11:40 AM |#152  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks !!!
works perfect !
Many thanks - You are the greatest

happy new yer to all !!!

Ciao,
moebi76
30th December 2006, 07:54 PM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Installed on Trinity with WWE ROM:
CyrHTCBut - adds english characters below dial buttons and removes standart green skin background with blue background.

CyrSiePic - adds russian characters below dial buttons and removes standart green skin background with blue background.

Happy new year!!!
30th December 2006, 09:19 PM |#154  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
2 greatsokol
Yes, i know. New Phones from HTC with green theme is using custom skin for phone application. You need to look in the registry 2 parameters:
Code:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\DIALER\landscape\other\ bmpNormal
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Security\Phone\Skin\DIALER\portrait\other  bmpNormal
In this parameters you can found path to the green background pictures of phone application. Write russian letters on it in some graphic editor and upload it here. Or just upload it here ...
31st December 2006, 08:31 AM |#155  

More
240x240 screens support maybe ?
Hi ValeraVi,

I love it so much that I cannot stand the fact that in my other wm5 phone (ipaq hw6915) wich has 240x240 square screen there is no smartdialing.

Would it be possible to support these phones also in the future?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Gunsfan
31st December 2006, 04:32 PM |#156  

More
Thankzzz a lot... -))
31st December 2006, 06:22 PM |#157  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
2 gunsfan
If you know some 240x240 device with SmartDialing - then it is possible to grab SmartDialing from it and install to your. But in other cases - i do not have information how to do this, because files in V_SmartDial_25b24516_v1 is grabbed from HTC Artemis, and seems is working only on QVGA WM5 devices ...

2 moebi76, StasiK-2007
Thanks ...
2nd January 2007, 03:56 PM |#158  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValeraVi

Or just upload it here ...

Here this backgrounds...
trinity_dialer_bkgnd.zip
4th January 2007, 12:07 AM |#159  

More
On E-Ten Glofiish x500, after installing this dialer the new buttons and controls are displayed over the glofiish custom skin of the dialer and it looks weird. The buttons are not just different color and shape, but also at different locations.
I found a solution though, you have to uninstall (remove) the eten skin changer and reboot your phone before installing this.
My only gripe is that it's pretty slow (I have over 200 contacts) to initialize this speed dialer for the first time after a reboot, typically ~10 seconds waiting after pressing the first button on the keyboard.
Does it happen on other devices as well? My guess is that it's wm5 related and it's due to the very slow speed of reading out the contacts form the pim database. (Stupid wm5... Are we ever satisfied?)

Cheers,
Peter
5th January 2007, 11:13 AM |#160  
OP Member
Flag Kyiv

More
Yes, this installation of SmartDialer is for standard, not skinned WM5 phone application.
On HTC BA with WM5 AKU2.6 and about 180 contacts, when i first time press some button on dialpad after softreset, the SmartDialing give me list of obtained contacts after less that a half of second (almost immediately).
6th January 2007, 08:49 PM |#161  
Flag Budapest
Thanks Meter: 35

More
Multi-character search and Eten skin possible?
ValeraVi,

Thanks for the wonderful smartdialing.dll! Now I can search for accented Hungarian names among Contacts quickly, without any problem.

One question (sorry if it is stupid - I'm far from being an expert...) :

Would it be possible to keep using your excellent search engine together with an Eten-style dialer skin (with big keys)?

I think, it would be the perfect solution for a lot of pda users. I looked through the forum and understand that there may be some incompatibility between the two pieces. But innovation never ends!

Cheers
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)