FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

GTab recovery firmware (homebrew and official Viewsonic 1.0.1 & 1.1-based versions)

3,487 posts
Thanks Meter: 1,409

By roebeet, Senior Member on 16th November 2010, 07:02 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th January 2011, 12:10 PM |#51  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 3

More
clockwork was overwritten by the stock recovery. I would use a microsd to flash clockwork back, and try to install the vanilla again.

25th January 2011, 05:14 AM |#52  
Flag Chi
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by roebeet

I don't think they'll catch it. Just don't leave your user data intact or anything in the internal memory!

removing that line did not work for me
25th January 2011, 02:26 PM |#53  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 3

More
roebeet, did you compare the last official rom (from 01/24/11) with the one you fetched from TnT site and which has the same version number?
27th January 2011, 02:26 AM |#54  
OP Senior Member
Flag Pennsylvania
Thanks Meter: 1,409

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abstrusius

roebeet, did you compare the last official rom (from 01/24/11) with the one you fetched from TnT site and which has the same version number?

Yep - same location, same build number, same build date in the build.prop. It's the first thing I did when I saw it OTA.
The Following User Says Thank You to roebeet For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift roebeet Ad-Free
28th January 2011, 06:52 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello

I am very new to the Android. I have gtablet and did installed clockworkmod although it gives me a lot of problems. I want to restore factory recovery but how do that I know the solution is there but it is outdated and it is very hard for newbie like me to follow without fully explanation and few pictures.

If anyone is kind of enough please do write good instructions.

Thanks
28th January 2011, 07:55 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 473

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by daosoftware

Hello

I am very new to the Android. I have gtablet and did installed clockworkmod although it gives me a lot of problems. I want to restore factory recovery but how do that I know the solution is there but it is outdated and it is very hard for newbie like me to follow without fully explanation and few pictures.

If anyone is kind of enough please do write good instructions.

Thanks

Install an official Viewsonic update. This will erase Clockwork Recovery and install the stock recovery.

Download the most current official update from here or Viewsonic
Move .zip file to internal sdcard
Boot into clockwork recovery
wipe data/cache
install the .zip file
Reboot
28th January 2011, 10:59 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Creating a modified recovery
Is there a way to add two features to the existing CW mod recovery? I'm looking to add an MD5 and DD portion.

Essentially I want to be able to make a DD img of the complete file system and then hash the file system and pipe the hash value to a text file on the SD card.
29th January 2011, 03:36 PM |#58  
Flag Unfortunately, Mexico
Thanks Meter: 95

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ctendell

Is there a way to add two features to the existing CW mod recovery? I'm looking to add an MD5 and DD portion.

Essentially I want to be able to make a DD img of the complete file system and then hash the file system and pipe the hash value to a text file on the SD card.

a bash/busybox shell in a recovery mod would be awesome. i am still too timid to cross compile yet.

roebeet, what gcc are you guys using? arm-eabi?
31st January 2011, 09:33 PM |#59  
Thanks Meter: 138

More
@muqali - you can use ADB shell from within recovery to get a bash prompt and do anything you can do from a terminal prompt. Re: cross compilers - we mostly use the prebuilt ones from CyanogenMod's prebuilt directory or from the Android SDK.

@ctendell - you'd have to hack on the source for the recovery app itself. It wouldn't be too complicated really, but you'll need to pull down bekit's CyanogenMod repository, I think, and get a recoveryimage build working first. I've done it with CM7beta/ClockworkMod 3 when I was working on getting that working (until I toasted my first G Tablet). If you go onto the IRC channel (see the sticky) people will give you some help getting a CyanogenMod build environment set up.
18th February 2011, 04:48 AM |#60  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi all,

I installed TnT 3389, then tried to do an OTA update, expecting that it would detect it was not the latest version, then update, as it did when I first bought it.

Thing is, it did not update, it just said that I had the latest version installed????? Did I do something wrong? I installed using CW from TnT lite, and it wiped thememory card too, nothing on it except 3389.
19th February 2011, 02:19 AM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 96

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fab4272

Hi all,

I installed TnT 3389, then tried to do an OTA update, expecting that it would detect it was not the latest version, then update, as it did when I first bought it.

Thing is, it did not update, it just said that I had the latest version installed????? Did I do something wrong? I installed using CW from TnT lite, and it wiped thememory card too, nothing on it except 3389.

The only OTA update I've ever seen on my gtab was when I first powered it on, which took me to 3389. I haven't seen an OTA notification since then, so I've just been downloading the VS .zip files and flashing them manually.

Jim
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)