[KERNEL] SpeedMod Captivate [K13E HPCall VoodooSnd7 SharpnessFix STABLE]

Search This thread

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
So what kind of stability issues were there with Q that warranted a release of R that only had the following change: - Compiled using O2 optimization instead of O3, should be more stable?
Nothing major and conclusive. But one would be:
- Audio sometimes came out of the front speaker instead of the rear

In general it's also better practise to compile the kernel with O2, because that's how it's tested.

jgaviota

Jan 4, 2008
BTW, I was trying to see if I could enable voice calls via normal 3-pole headphones. If you could detect via the driver if a headphone is plugged in or not, you could edit the voice call function to route the voice playback audio to the headphones instead of the receiver (and leave it on the receiver if no headphone is plugged in). That would be a nice feature.

Hi hardcore, xcaliburinhand just enabled this on his kernel, maybe you can include it in yours?

Thanks!

lrs421

Sep 29, 2010
New York
Is it at still possible that this kernel could cause issues receiving mms?

I don't think it's the kernel. This happened to me recently. I had to add a new APN with these settings:

Name: AT&T
APN: wap.cingular
Proxy: leave blank
Port: leave blank
Username:WAP@CINGULARGPRS.COM
Password:CINGULAR1
Server: leave blank
MMSC: http://mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: 80
MCC:310
MNC:410
APN Type: internet + mms

Exostenza

Dec 12, 2010
Maybe that would explain my low sounds... and I swore that the sounds weren't coming out of the back of my phone...

I hope this new version fixes my problem!

hardcore

Sep 12, 2006
Test version K12S-T3:

- Added 3-pole headset calling support: voice calls go via normal stereo headphones if attached, otherwise they go via the earpiece
- Fixed mic problem, now the mic works
- Voodoo app headphone amplifier control also controls headphone output level for headphone voice calls
- Voodoo Sound v3

Credit goes to xcaliburinhand for some of the source code changes.
Unfortunately xcaliburinhand's patch didn't work out of the box - the mic didn't work. I had to modify the driver further to get the mic to work.

*** Note: The voice call sound doesn't automatically switch between the earpiece and headphones if you plug-in or unplug the headphones while the call is in-progress. You have to toggle the speaker mode to make it switch.

Attachments

• speedmod-kernel-i897-k12s-t3-500hz.zip
    5.5 MB · Views: 70
  • speedmod-kernel-i897-k12s-t3-500hz-CWM.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 620
  • speedmod-kernel-i897-k12s-t3-cold-500hz-CWM.zip
    5.7 MB · Views: 116
Last edited:

rabbivj

May 22, 2007
Atlanta
im not sure if this is a known issue or not but ive been having a couple of crashes on my phone where I installed k12q and JL3 last night, both via cwm. My phone has powered down and when I reboot it it says SIM not found, please reboot your phone. Im running Serendipity 4.3. Thanks.

amtrakcn

Mar 22, 2010
Madison
im not sure if this is a known issue or not but ive been having a couple of crashes on my phone where I installed k12q and JL3 last night, both via cwm. My phone has powered down and when I reboot it it says SIM not found, please reboot your phone. Im running Serendipity 4.3. Thanks.

Breaking the Phone.apk usually causes things like this, maybe you can try copy the original Phone.apk to you /system/app/

Slightly lower Linpack scores on K12S-T1

Coming from K12Q-bigmem-500hz...

3 sets each of Linpack and Neocore, averaged.

K12Q - Linpack = 14.04, Neocore = 55.63
K12S - Linpack = 13.84, Neocore = 55.66

It's approx. -14% but should have better battery, which is my goal. We'll see.
Also picked up 9 satellites indoors in about 23 secounds with 15 meters accuracy (using JK4 modem).

Great work on these!
My Captivate is a 1006 build.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    The original SpeedMod kernel, now available for AT&T Captivate users! This kernel aims to be fast, compatible, stable, and have good battery life. It makes our Galaxy S run the way it should.

This kernel is for the AT&T Captivate (SGH-i897)

The forum thread for the GT-I9000 version is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=822756

WARNING: Before you try any lagfix, make sure that you have enough free space on your Internal SD. You should have at least more free space than data+dbdata+cache combined.

Latest K13E (12-Apr) - Voodoo Sound v7. Lowmemorykiller fixes. Improved display sharpness using AMOLED processing mode in MDNIE. Support for voice calls through headphones. Check here for more info and downloads.

Thanks to sasovics and rpicaso for the I897 boot logo!

>>> Click here for the installation procedure using Odin.

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> What is the SpeedMod kernel?

Latest features:

- Compiled using codesourcery 2010.09: Faster and more battery efficient
    - The only properly working Tiny RCU implementation, thanks to Paul McKenney
    - More efficient: Removed debug logging from kernel and Android
    - Most updated version of my Enhanced Universal Lagfix fork with improved stability
    - Full Android 2.2.1 ROM compatibility

This kernel has:

- Based on JPX Android 2.2.1 kernel source
    - Works on all stock Froyo 2.2 and 2.2.1 ROMs and popular custom ROMs
    - 340MB RAM and all features should work
    - Enhanced version of sztupy's Universal Lagfix
    - Includes neldar's BackLightNotification 2.3 from https://github.com/project-voodoo/backlightnotification/tree/master/kernel_patches/
    - Sharpness (AMOLED mode) & color fixes for the screen
    - SpeedMod: Replaced kernel jhash2 with jhash3
    - Includes my Startup Tweaks from http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309
    - Adjusted kernel HZ value to improve smoothness
    - Uses BFQ IO scheduler by default, from http://algo.ing.unimo.it/people/paolo/disk_sched/sources.php
    - Updated ext4 code in kernel from http://www2.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/tytso/ext4-patches/
    - Properly working Tiny RCU patch for better speed and efficiency from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ke...it;h=9b1d82fa1611706fa7ee1505f290160a18caf95d
    - Patched lowmemorykiller for compatibility with Tiny RCU from http://android.git.kernel.org/?p=ke...ff;h=5545554aac04918ece318270d63cbfcb015577a9
    - Optimized compiler flags: -O2 -mcpu=cortex-a8 -mfpu=neon -mfloat-abi=softfp

--------------------------------

FOR BEGINNERS:

This kernel is based on sztupy's Universal Lagfix: Lagfix and root options are accessible by booting into the Recovery Menu.

To get the best speed, it is recommended that you enable all Tweaks from the Recovery Menu. Tweaks are under SpeedMod features. Info on Tweaks: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=813309

How to root: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=8896862&postcount=90

Kernel HZ value: HZ=500 is smoother, HZ=256 is Samsung default.

Memory configs (K10J and later):

CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM=2048
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_GPU1=4096
    CONFIG_ANDROID_PMEM_MEMSIZE_PMEM_ADSP=1500
    CONFIG_WLAN_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_BCM=256
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC0=12288
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC1=1024
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMC2=12288
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC0=32768
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_MFC1=32768
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_TEXSTREAM=10240
    CONFIG_VIDEO_SAMSUNG_MEMSIZE_FIMD=3072

THANKS: Big thanks to existz and xcaliburinhands for the i9000-to-i897 patch.

WARNING: If you use a custom boot animation, apps like One Click Lag Fix will not work because it disables the playlogos1 script hack.

The files with ending with -CWM are for flashing using Clockwork Recovery.
    These other zip files are for flashing with ODIN.

The source code is posted on the GT-I9000 thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=822756

>>> If you have questions, please read the FAQ: Frequently Asked Questions first!

>>> CLICK HERE to DOWNLOAD the kernels.
    Updated test: K12Q-T7:

This version is unbelievably smooth!

Android Logger (logcat) disabled by default.
    Kernel debug messages have been disabled.
    Fixed the super loud notifications with Voodoo Sound.

Changes from K12P:

- Disabled Android Logger (can be re-enabled via Tweaks)
    - Disabled all kernel debug messages (printk) for efficiency
    - Changed boot logo to I897 logo for AT&T Captivate version
    - Changed /cache to ext4nj in recommended ext4 lagfix to fix large Market downloads
    - Optional IPv6 Privacy support in Tweaks
    - Voodoo Sound v2 compatible
    - Fixed loud notification problem with headphones
    - Fixed popping / clicking noise when music and FM radio is stopped / started
    - Better FM Radio sound:
    - - Really removed the high pass filter and DRC from FM Radio (restores full bass)
    - - Turn on 4FS mode for ADC in FM Radio (smoother high frequencies)
    - - Turn on 128x oversampling for ADC and DAC in FM Radio mode
    - Adjusted volume of FM Radio and Media Playback to be similar
    - General sound quality improvements:
    - - Maximized digital mixer output to improve SNR and resolution
    - - 128x oversampling option in Voodoo Sound enabled by default
    - - Explicitly disable DRC and NG during media playback, if +1.5dB mode is NOT selected

For the AT&T Captivate version, ignore changes for FM Radio.
    Reserved for future use.
    Test version K12S-T3:

- Added 3-pole headset calling support: voice calls go via normal stereo headphones if attached, otherwise they go via the earpiece
    - Fixed mic problem, now the mic works
    - Voodoo app headphone amplifier control also controls headphone output level for headphone voice calls
    - Voodoo Sound v3

Credit goes to xcaliburinhand for some of the source code changes.
    Unfortunately xcaliburinhand's patch didn't work out of the box - the mic didn't work. I had to modify the driver further to get the mic to work.

*** Note: The voice call sound doesn't automatically switch between the earpiece and headphones if you plug-in or unplug the headphones while the call is in-progress. You have to toggle the speaker mode to make it switch.
    SpeedMod + Voodoo Sound test version!

K12L-T5:

Changes from K12K:
    - FM Radio sound quality improvement: removed Dynamic Range Compression
    - Voodoo Sound v1: FM radio bass fix, controllable headphone output via app
    - rear speaker volume +1 for media
    - light sensor polling interval changed to 2s instead of 0.5s
    (saves battery, more stable brightness levels)
    - light sensor sensitivity adjusted so that the screen doesn't turn bright so easily
    (saves battery and reduces screen burn)
    - adjustments to IO Tweak (super smooth now!)
    - changed battery level polling interval to 60 seconds, from 5 seconds

Note that you need Supercurio's Voodoo app to adjust the headphone level. If u don't install it, the default level is the same level as K12K (+1 from Nexus S, or +3 from SGS).

PS. The FM radio sound is really awesome after those voice filters have been removed!