FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slick UI - An Android Homescreen-replacement interface - New video: 'Dock Preview'!

170 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By Caemgen, Senior Member on 24th October 2010, 01:05 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd January 2011, 12:46 PM |#451  
Flag Independence
Thanks Meter: 148

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeebuz

If a developer had a handful of testers but only a few programmers..... how fast do you think the project will go? The speed at which the testers can point out flaws or the speed at which the developer can make time to make/program this custom UI? Lol

I'm just as patient and looking for ward to this as everyone else that keeps up with this thread but this thread was started 23rd October 2010, 07:05 PM - you'd think by now, they have something, for anyone who wanted to, to try out -

I'm just sayin'

22nd January 2011, 05:31 PM |#452  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2me2

I'm just as patient and looking for ward to this as everyone else that keeps up with this thread but this thread was started 23rd October 2010, 07:05 PM - you'd think by now, they have something, for anyone who wanted to, to try out -

I'm just sayin'

No offense meant here, but I don't think you have much experience with software development. That is not much time. They made it very clear initially that much of the work was conceptual at that time.
23rd January 2011, 09:12 AM |#453  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Count me in! Just wanted to put my name in the mix. Love to beta test.

Motorola Droid X
Currently running Liberty Rom
24th January 2011, 05:31 AM |#454  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarden

No offense meant here, but I don't think you have much experience with software development. That is not much time. They made it very clear initially that much of the work was conceptual at that time.

+1 for someone who doesnt know how to develop its hard to understand that its not like making something out of clay, its like making the clay then making it into something. lol
24th January 2011, 05:52 AM |#455  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I'd be willing to beta test!
24th January 2011, 10:36 AM |#456  
Flag Independence

More
Your both correct, I'm just getting antsy and it's hard to stay patient. wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful.
24th January 2011, 07:46 PM |#457  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:

Your both correct, I'm just getting antsy and it's hard to stay patient. wasn't trying to be rude or disrespectful.

We all are man. We all are... can't wait. This is such a gorgeus interface. But with the new honeycomb interface for tablets and then coming to phones soon after, by the time this is released it will probably be almost a little dated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App
26th January 2011, 03:39 AM |#458  
Flag Australia
Thanks Meter: 199

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by insaneturbo13

We all are man. We all are... can't wait. This is such a gorgeus interface. But with the new honeycomb interface for tablets and then coming to phones soon after, by the time this is released it will probably be almost a little dated

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

Hence why my thoughts are that the dev guy should have already released at least a alpha/beta version so people can help him work on it faster.
Seems very, very pointless keeping everyone in the dark for no good reason.
27th January 2011, 10:41 PM |#459  
Flag Abergavenny
Thanks Meter: 50

More
Willing to test on a Dell Streak here...
28th January 2011, 11:22 AM |#460  
Flag Independence

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevles

Hence why my thoughts are that the dev guy should have already released at least a alpha/beta version so people can help him work on it faster.

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say all along !!!
28th January 2011, 01:07 PM |#461  
Flag Philadelphia, PA
Thanks Meter: 470

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevles

Quote:

This is EXACTLY what I wanted to say all along !!!

You guys are assuming that he is moving too slowly (in your minds) through a bug finding and fixing process. How do you know that is the case?

How do you know he isn't (or they aren't) still writing and doing initial code refinement?

How do you have any idea what stage of the process this project is in...

Allowing more open testing too early on can HURT development, not help it.

Not sure why you guys think you have all the answers.
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, launcher, official, project, slick ui
Previous Thread Next Thread