Phone Pad Russian T9 + Rus, Ukr, Eng search in Smart Dialing

Search This thread
Multi-character search and Eten skin possible?

ValeraVi,

Thanks for the wonderful smartdialing.dll! Now I can search for accented Hungarian names among Contacts quickly, without any problem.

One question (sorry if it is stupid - I'm far from being an expert...) :

Would it be possible to keep using your excellent search engine together with an Eten-style dialer skin (with big keys)?

I think, it would be the perfect solution for a lot of pda users. I looked through the forum and understand that there may be some incompatibility between the two pieces. But innovation never ends!

Cheers

ValeraVi

Dec 25, 2004
Kyiv
www.vi-soft.com.ua
v2

New version. Made separate cabs for search patch and for marking dialpad buttons. Added backrounds with letters of HTC cyrillic layout and with letters of greek layout. Also added green backgrounds for devices like Artemis, Trinity, etc. (i thik it will work :) )
If version 1 is works and looks good for you then upgrade it not need. ;)

Attachments

• V_SmartDial_25b24516_v2.zip
    725.6 KB · Views: 886

ValeraVi

Dec 25, 2004
Kyiv
www.vi-soft.com.ua
For Eten Smartdialing skin

2 ctibor
- Install SmartDial_BigKey Eten skin v1.3
- Download my V_SmartDial_25b24516_v2 and install from it only Search patch cab and MUI cab.
This will add only working Smartdialing with search contacts in your language. If you need some non english letters on dialpad - you must edit pictures of ETen skin. Also smardialing v2.5 build 24516 requires disabled state of UP and DOWN buttons in smardialing skin (indialer_downdis_l.bmp, indialer_downdis_p.bmp, indialer_updis_l.bmp, indialer_updis_p.bmp) - you may make it from normal state pictures (indialer_down_l.bmp, indialer_down_p.bmp, indialer_up_l.bmp, indialer_up_p.bmp) by copy-paste-rename in file explorer... ;)

gptg13

Dec 25, 2006
I want to put the greek language to the phone pad. I already use a language extender and I can write with keybord greek but i tried it and it doesn't work on my qtek 200.
Any help please, what am i doing wrong?

It works!

ValeraVi,

Thanks again, your method works. Now I have your search engine and big keys together!

Although I could not change the few original arrow buttons of HTC quick dial, as you suggested (because they are in ROM - Total Commander says), but it does not matter! They don't look too strange, I can live with them.

Cheers,

ctibor

mKotek

Mar 11, 2006
I decide to make universal (general) installation packet for possibility to install SmartDialing on any device: with or without other version of SmartDialing. Because of this, the installation packet if SmartDialing consist of several cab files. This will help to install only what you need and save some space on Storage if your device already have some components (MUI, skin, etc.).
ValeraVi, thak you very much. I have installed cab 1 from v2 and it works great with Polish ERA ROM on TyTN. It seems not to display SmartDialling options but search works as expected and this is what I've needed.

Great work,
Kotek

tizzi

Dec 25, 2004
Hi,
I have the Asus P525, after installing these files:
- 4_V_SmartDial_Main_25b24516,
- 3_V_SmartDial_MUI_Eng_25b24516
- 1_V_SmartDial_Search_Vie_25b24516

and go to the calling app, I cannot run the program Smartdial.

Can u advise me how to use?

Thx

ValeraVi

Dec 25, 2004
Kyiv
www.vi-soft.com.ua
tizzi,
you must also install some skin (5_..._Skin_....cab)

mKotek,
install also some MUI (3_..._MUI_...cab)

sagi,
what letters on what buttons you want to have? Give me a list of all (big and small) letters. As an exaple of list use this list.

ValeraVi

Dec 25, 2004
Kyiv
www.vi-soft.com.ua
disabled state of up and down buttons

ctibor,
ok, try one of this cabs (depends of what skin you use - Black or Grass) - this will add disabled state of up and down buttons (actually, pictures in not reflect disabled status :), because i just use normal state pictures :), but it is more preferable than an empty space, i think ;) )

Attachments

• SmartDial_BigKey_Black_1.3.dis.cab
    11.8 KB · Views: 337
  • SmartDial_BigKey_Grass_1.3.dis.cab
    11.8 KB · Views: 128

deyan

Jan 8, 2007
I have downloaded the V_SmartDial_25b24516_v2.zip and installed it (for greek search) and it works fine but i would like you to add some more characters. Is this possible? the chars are:

[2ΑΒΓΆαβγάABCabc]
[3ΔΕΖΈδεζέDEFdef]
[4ΗΘΙΉΊηθιήίϊΐGHIghi]
[5ΚΛΜκλμJKLjkl]
[6ΝΞΟΌνξοόMNOmno]
[7ΠΡΣπρσςPQRSpqrs]
[8ΤΥΦΎτυφύϋΰTUVtuv]
[9ΧΨΩΏχψωώWXYZwxyz]

If it isnt difficult to re-post the whole zip, just post the cab file with the greek mapping. Thank you very much!

sagi

Jan 7, 2007
valeravi
we dont have capital letters these are the letters we have in hebrew:

2abcדהו
3defאבג
4ghiמםנן
5jklיכךל
6mnoזחט
7pqrsרשת
8tuvצץק
9wxyzסעפ

if you need anything else I will be more then happy to assiste you
thank you very much for your help
sagi

netbars

Dec 20, 2006
Predefined mix of files from Valera Vi v_2 patch - for Russian HTC 3300 Artemis.
Only 2 cabs needed in this case.

(2 versions - with Nokia-style and Siemens-style keypad layouts).

Attachments

• V_SmartDial_25b24516_v2_ArtemisMix_Nokia.zip
    124.1 KB · Views: 194
  • V_SmartDial_25b24516_v2_ArtemisMix_Siemens.zip
    126.3 KB · Views: 117

xhdl

Jan 11, 2007
SMS in Russian

Could someone explain what do I need to do to send SMS in Russian? I've installed Russian soft keyboard (Interkey) on O2 Orbit and can enter text for SMS in Russian, but my SMS displayed as question marks on other's phones :( At the same time, Russian SMS received by my O2 Orbit are perfectly readable.
Any suggestion?

Thank you.

ValeraVi

Dec 25, 2004
Kyiv
www.vi-soft.com.ua
v3

new:
- added extra letters to the greek;
- added hebrew search and letters below dialpad buttons (_Mark_);
for more see readme.txt in archive.

Attachments

• V_SmartDial_25b24516_v3.zip
    888.8 KB · Views: 4,371

ValeraVi

Dec 25, 2004
Kyiv
www.vi-soft.com.ua
xhdl, i use resco keyboard pro and all works ok. Check your keyboard by sending sms to yourself (if you receive only question marks - then your keyboard is not work). Also, may be other phones is not support cyrillic or unicode sms? :)

xhdl

Jan 11, 2007
ValeraVi, I checked SMS in Russian using my other Nokia phone wich supports Russian SMS. You're right, probably Interkey doesn't support Unicode 'cause when I type SMS in Russin I get char count as x/160 and as far as I know when you send SMS in Russin you don't get 160 chars per message. Can you give me a link to the keyboard you use?

Thank you!

xhdl

Jan 11, 2007
ValeraVi, I've downloaded and tested Resco Keyboard Pro - the result is the same, question marks in place of Russian characters. Any idea what can be done about it?

Top Liked Posts