Thanks Meter: 1

By nickcerda, Senior Member on 19th March 2006, 02:32 PM
Thread Deleted Email Thread
12th January 2007, 06:34 PM |#801  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 0

More
My Iphone Today with Help from here.
Special Thanks To Hanmin for the Iphone Screen. Had to Remove it.

12th January 2007, 09:02 PM |#802  
Retired Moderator
Flag Devon, UK
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by victoradjei

Could you tell me how you got the link to "settings"? Cant'find it by exploring with cLaunch or even TotalCommander

I'm not sure if you can go into the 'Settings' menu. But you can go to the individual settings by following these instructions
12th January 2007, 11:47 PM |#803  
Flag Taylorville, IL.
Thanks Meter: 339

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawner

WHat program do you use for your weather? That one looks a lot nicer and more informative than mine. Also, can you post the HTC green theme? I haven't been able to find it anywhere.

I'm using ADBWeather Plus for Weather. I LOVE it... automatically updates through out the day so I always have the latest weather outlook on my phone.

And, I attached the HTC Green theme to this post.
It is indeed a tricky one to find.
I'm loving it though. The green is so cool looking
Attached Files
File Type: zip HTC_Default.zip - [Click for QR Code] (66.4 KB, 631 views)
13th January 2007, 12:13 AM |#804  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmin

I'm not sure if you can go into the 'Settings' menu. But you can go to the individual settings by following these instructions

Thanks. I also found the tutorial by Monesis at brighthand.com forum. ;p
13th January 2007, 02:12 AM |#805  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanmin

As originally posted here. Double post it here to keep the iPhone discussion there and theming here.

The top section is done by cLaunch, while bottom section is with phoneAlarm. Icons and phoneAlarm skin available at the original post above.

Attached the TSK for it (allBlack.tsk). If you use this theme, you will still see grey in the middle section. To make it all black, create the following values, type "Binary" and give both the value "00 00 00 00". Then restart your system (switch your phone off and on first before soft reset)

Code:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\Color_SoftkeyFlatCenter
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\Color_TitleFlatCenter
The values Color_SoftkeyFlatCenter and Color_TitleFlatCenter should not exist, so you will need to create them.

Note: You will only get the "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\allBlack.tsk\" when you use this theme. If you are using other theme, you will get "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Today\xxx.tsk\" where "xxx" if the name of the theme you use.

Thank you for the work that you have done on this. It looks great!

I am having trouble with two things, though. First, I cannot seem to get the carbon fiber portion to display behind phoneAlarm. I've looked at the settings a few times and cannot figure out what I might have set wrong. Second, how do you get phoneAlarm so close to the bottom of the screen? I tried to change the "cLaunch Height" setting just a pixel or two at a time to make cLaunch bigger, to try to push phoneAlarm down further, but I end up getting a scrollbar, even with toggleToday enabled. (It did remove the top and bottom bars, though.) I also used HideTray to hide system tray. The only other issue is that occasionally, the last three icons in cLaunch disappear. If I do something else and come back to the Today screen though, they tend to come back.

Everything seems to work well though, it would just be nice if I could get things working perfect, since yours looks so good. I tried using rlToday, though I'm not sure if I like how it goes beneath cLaunch, so it kinda sticks out. I like the default three rows of four icons, and it looks odd if there is one row with just two icons.

Anyway, if you could offer a couple pointers, that would be great. I searched the forums a few times for assistance, but my questions seem pretty specific to this particular project.
13th January 2007, 03:11 AM |#806  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thallanor

I am having trouble with two things, though. First, I cannot seem to get the carbon fiber portion to display behind phoneAlarm. I've looked at the settings a few times and cannot figure out what I might have set wrong. Second, how do you get phoneAlarm so close to the bottom of the screen? I tried to change the "cLaunch Height" setting just a pixel or two at a time to make cLaunch bigger, to try to push phoneAlarm down further, but I end up getting a scrollbar, even with toggleToday enabled. (It did remove the top and bottom bars, though.) I also used HideTray to hide system tray. The only other issue is that occasionally, the last three icons in cLaunch disappear. If I do something else and come back to the Today screen though, they tend to come back.

I wanted to take a moment to provide a brief update.

I managed to fix the problem I described where phoneAlarm would not display the background properly. I went over the .skn file several times and compared it to skins shipped with phoneAlarm and could not find any problems. I even converted the background to .bmp and changed the .skn accordingly and it still did not work. Finally, I changed the background to cf.png and changed the .skn file accordingly, and it immediately started working.

Now, I need to find out why phoneAlarm won't slide all the way to the bottom of the Today screen.
13th January 2007, 03:42 AM |#807  
Thanks Meter: 56

More
Crossbow!!!
Not quit......
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Crossbow.JPG
Views:	1639
Size:	86.1 KB
ID:	33066  
13th January 2007, 04:31 AM |#808  

More
Quote:

Now, I need to find out why phoneAlarm won't slide all the way to the bottom of the Today screen.

I fixed this one, too. The problem is that even though I downloaded a program to hide the system tray, it was just hiding it. (Which is odd, because the program was advertising itself as a way to reclaim more screen real estate. I don't know how it manages that if it is just hiding it and leaving the space still unusable.) I did some searching, and actually found the answer here. I needed to edit the registry a bit to hide the icons for the battery meter, comm manager, and screen rotation. All those things still work, they're just hidden now, and with no icons to display, the system tray disappears.

Everything seems to work now. Even all of the icons load. The only issue is if I slide out the keyboard and the screen rotates, when I scroll back, the menus are back, so I need to use toggleToday again. No biggie though.

Thanks again for your hard work making these icons and stuff!
13th January 2007, 09:51 AM |#809  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdrakula

SPECIAL THANKS TO HANMIN !

Hi,
on the right side of START menu you've an icon that seems a recording phone secretary, could you say the name of the program you're using for that ?
Thank you
13th January 2007, 09:53 AM |#810  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fadrianoc

Hi,
on the right side of START menu you've an icon that seems a recording phone secretary, could you say the name of the program you're using for that ?
Thank you

I think that means that he has got a voicemail.
13th January 2007, 10:14 AM |#811  

More
Quote:

I wanted to take a moment to provide a brief update.

I managed to fix the problem I described where phoneAlarm would not display the background properly. I went over the .skn file several times and compared it to skins shipped with phoneAlarm and could not find any problems. I even converted the background to .bmp and changed the .skn accordingly and it still did not work. Finally, I changed the background to cf.png and changed the .skn file accordingly, and it immediately started working.

thallanor - I have the same problem. I tried changing the file to BMP and GIF (and changing the skin file accordingly) and also changing the filename to cf.png and changing the .skin file accordingly, and it still doesn't work. I even tried changing the width of the graphic to 200 (from 240), and it's still displaying the default grey background. Any help is appreciated!
Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread