FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slick UI - An Android Homescreen-replacement interface - New video: 'Dock Preview'!

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By Caemgen, Senior Member on 24th October 2010, 01:05 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
29th January 2011, 08:17 PM |#471  
Flag Milan
Thanks Meter: 233

More
People should open this kind of thread when there's something available. Instead we have 47 pages about... well... nothing.

P.S.
48 now

29th January 2011, 08:27 PM |#472  
Knoxville
Thanks Meter: 42

More
Yes, in short it work on your galaxy s, when its available. Oddly enough it will work on any android phone available. Crazy.

Sent from my DROIDX using XDA App
30th January 2011, 01:46 PM |#473  
Thanks Meter: 8

More
Hi Guys,

As this is my first post I figured a quick introduction was in order. My name is Jim. I'm a professional Software Engineer, husband, father of 3, basketball coach and volunteer with the cub scouts. In the special interest of this thread I'm also the principle developer behind Slick UI. In other words I wear many hats. As you have likely noticed not much as been happening on the Slick UI front as of late. Slick UI development is done in my spare time and I enjoy every moment of it. Unfortunately the past 6 weeks have been exceptionally busy (holidays, school activities, 80+ hour work weeks, purchasing a home etc) and I simply have not had adequate spare time to dedicate to developing Slick UI. Things are starting to get back to normal however and development of Slick UI is starting to ramp back up. Stay tuned for future updates as work on the drawer organizational tags has begun.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to WonderDroid For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift WonderDroid Ad-Free
30th January 2011, 02:04 PM |#474  
Thanks Meter: 17

More
Great to hear this. Will be looking forward to your updates! Thank you for dedicating time to this project.

Sent from my Milestone using XDA App
30th January 2011, 02:12 PM |#475  
Flag Independence
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderDroid

Hi Guys,

As this is my first post I figured a quick introduction was in order. My name is Jim. I'm a professional Software Engineer, husband, father of 3, basketball coach and volunteer with the cub scouts. In the special interest of this thread I'm also the principle developer behind Slick UI. In other words I wear many hats. As you have likely noticed not much as been happening on the Slick UI front as of late. Slick UI development is done in my spare time and I enjoy every moment of it. Unfortunately the past 6 weeks have been exceptionally busy (holidays, school activities, 80+ hour work weeks, purchasing a home etc) and I simply have not had adequate spare time to dedicate to developing Slick UI. Things are starting to get back to normal however and development of Slick UI is starting to ramp back up. Stay tuned for future updates as work on the drawer organizational tags has begun.

Hi Jim, this project looks great and I look forward to the final product, but everyone has a home life and families and jobs and so on and so forth - so, like someone else said, instead of 4 months or 47 pages worth of BS in this thread, I feel like you would want to bring something to the table we can work with instead of everyone going back and forth claiming who is and who isn't a programmer and what goes into this kind of thing. Just my opinion, and again, I look forward to the final product.
30th January 2011, 06:17 PM |#476  
Thanks Meter: 544

More
Jim, it gets there when it gets there. It's amazing how some folks (not all) feel some sort of entitlement or explination because it's not on their time line.
30th January 2011, 06:21 PM |#477  
Flag Independence
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xlGmanlx

Jim, it gets there when it gets there. It's amazing how some folks (not all) feel some sort of entitlement or explination because it's not on their time line.

yep, Whatever
30th January 2011, 06:52 PM |#478  
Flag Kansas City
Thanks Meter: 92

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tat2me2

yep, Whatever

LOL. Exactly.
31st January 2011, 03:49 AM |#479  
Thanks Meter: 544

More
Haha.Precisely..
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZenInsight

LOL. Exactly.

31st January 2011, 05:41 PM |#480  
Thanks Meter: 94

More
Quote:

Stay tuned for future updates as work on the drawer organizational tags has begun.

At least we know that something is going on. Is there any posibilaty of having some pre alpha or private relese so we can get a feel for what is implamented and suggest how it can be improved
31st January 2011, 09:00 PM |#481  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

80+ hour work weeks

you are a f**kin BEAST
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, launcher, official, project, slick ui