Post Reply Email Thread
31st January 2011, 01:41 AM |#151  
Capitola CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by deeper-blue

A small update:

The graphics problem is due to the SGX drivers not supporting RGBX_8888 and android assuming it works. With the honeycomb source this would be no problem to fix with some ifs and a recompile. So instead I'm patching the binaries by hand. The statusbar still isn't visible but at least other programs work now instead of showing a black screen.

Still haven't looked into why the sensors don't work. I assume the interface might have changed ... I can see the acceleration sensor working at /dev/input/event3

I have it running from an SD card. It also seems to hibernate/sleep without a problem now.

I'll upload all of this to github and upload a binary somewhere when it's a little bit more usable.

Patience is a virtue (= I have a social life too).

This absolutely ingenious development, Mr Deeper-blue!

And yes, manual patching a binary is a bitch that can kill one's social life. Or any life, so take care, please.

I know I might sound extremely stupid but could it be that status bar not showing is because improper scaling and/or residual "phone's 800x480 max" screen definitions and/or pixel density is not good (even when correct 169 dpi) in build.prop.

Then, just for the sake of proof of the concept, so to speak, could the borrowing of 2.1 accelerator/orientation code help? Wish the same could apply to WiFi and sound (or a "borrowed" Media server; it might be just me, but in borrowing such thing I would love to have it with a volume boost hack of 2....3 db, please! NC in 1.0.0, 1.0.1, 1.1.0, and NookieFroyo just hardly whispers...)

In all fairness, I actually don't see any need of A3.0's possibly very buggy "improvements" in WiFi, accelerometer, and sound (except for volume boost.). Apart from visual candies, the most significant improvements that A3.0 may bring are in new, rewritten NEON, SGX/DSP support, new JIT/DVM.

Oh, and I keep forgetting: the new Fonts, LOL
---------------------
fineoils.blogspot.com

31st January 2011, 01:47 AM |#152  
Flag Vancouver
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Very cool. Can't wait to see how far you can get this. Also looking forward to any OS newer than 2.1 fully working so this is huge considering Honeycomb is only in preview.
31st January 2011, 03:54 AM |#153  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
This SERIOUSLY deserves a thread in the dev section.
31st January 2011, 04:08 AM |#154  
Assistant Forum Admin / Moderator Committee
Flag NSW, Australia
Thanks Meter: 23,603

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Novarider

This SERIOUSLY deserves a thread in the dev section.

Not until something is relased
31st January 2011, 05:03 AM |#155  
somewhere in good ol' Germany
Thanks Meter: 609

More
Done patching in the graphic libraries - no visible graphical corruption anymore, we do have a functioning status bar!
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to deeper-blue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deeper-blue Ad-Free
31st January 2011, 05:04 AM |#156  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 4,637

More
W00t now get some sleep. You deserve it. (Unless your in a different timezone than me. If so, keep working) LOL.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App
31st January 2011, 05:23 AM |#157  
Flag Hobart, Tasmania
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Quote:

Done patching in the graphic libraries - no visible graphical corruption anymore, we do have a functioning status bar!

Awesome!! Keep up the good work!!
31st January 2011, 05:25 AM |#158  
somewhere in good ol' Germany
Thanks Meter: 609

More
And thanks to nemith on irc and cvpcs's work on gingerbread orientation sensor is working too.

(and I post so that I get a higher post count and can finally post in the dev section...)
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to deeper-blue For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift deeper-blue Ad-Free
31st January 2011, 05:29 AM |#159  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Thumbs up
Quote:

Incredible work, db!!
31st January 2011, 05:31 AM |#160  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 241

More
I realize this is my first post, but I've been trolling ever since XDA released the Nook Color forum. This is an amazing port and I look forward to seeing your progress.
31st January 2011, 05:34 AM |#161  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
I'd like to add my incredible gratitude for your hard work! It must be difficult to do this when it's not your job, especially when you DO have a job and life outside of these forums!

So I thank you for all the effort you've put in so far, and for the effort I'm sure is still to come!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)