18 posts
Thanks Meter: 23

By dfvn, Junior Member on 20th January 2011, 06:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
30th January 2011, 02:08 PM |#91  
Flag Linz
Thanks Meter: 7

More
but after i tried if hard-reset works Wifi-Sync is disabled because i need to connect the phone to Zune to activate it...

so it doesn't really help...

my last hope is that sbdy makes a flashable xap-installer...

i don't know if it is possible, but that would solve our problem....

but thanks for your reply :)

30th January 2011, 04:13 PM |#92  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Lightbulb
I'm on 32-bit Windows 7 using an HD2 on DF Router to tether with Wind Mobile Canada as the provider. I tried the 32-bit driver zip file posted on this thread - that doesn't work. I tried a bunch of other stuff. I finally got it working, after getting a bunch of Error 692 messages. Here are all the steps:

1. Install HTC Sync.
2. Pick up your device, turn off Wifi and Cellular data, start DF Router and tap "HTC Modem" button. Now plug in the USB cable.
3. Wait until Windows decides whether it will autodetect your device. It may autodetect the whole phone as a single "HTC Modem" on the Hardware ID ending &MI_00, so have a look in the device manager. View devices by connection if you have to.
4. We want to see a USB Composite Device, with two Unknown Device entries (&MI_00 and &MI_01) beneath. If you see anything different than that, you need to right-click the device, click "Uninstall" and then check "Delete the driver software for this device."
5. Make sure you install drivers for BOTH devices or this won't work.
6. For the device ID ending &MI_00, click update driver, Manually choose driver, All devices, Have Disk, and browse to "C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC BMP USB Driver\HtcVComV32\htcvcomv32.inf" so you get something like "HTC Diagnostic Interface (COM14)"
7. For the device ID ending &MI_01, click update driver, Manually choose driver, All devices, Have Disk, and browse to "C:\Program Files\HTC\HTC BMP USB Driver\HtcUsbMdmV32\htcusbmdmv32" so you get "HTC USB Modem".
8. Right click the HTC USB modem in Device Manager, go Properties, Advanced, and type +cgdcont=1,"ip","internet.windmobile.ca" (replacing that last bit with your provider's data APN).
9. Now close Device Manager, and set up a dial-up connection (using HTC USB Modem if you have the choice) to the number *99#

I suspect that my issues before arose because I was leaving the &MI_00 device as "unknown" without installing the VCom driver, which is weird because it uses COM14 on my computer, while the HTC USB modem uses COM15.
30th January 2011, 06:06 PM |#93  
Flag Ljubljana, Slovenia
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I tryed with these instructions but when I wanted to launch DFRouter I got message: 'DFRouter has been revoked by Microsoft. Please uninstall it'
What the hell?...

p.s. I think my Chevron unlock was somehow disabled. Maybe this happened to peoplez who talk about being stuck in modem mode.
30th January 2011, 06:43 PM |#94  
Flag Linz

More
yeah...

now you are in our situation ;)

but i still hope that the problem will be solved till WP7 update ^^
because when not we are stuck with an phone without music (because of me trying it with hard-reset) and update (Zune is needed for update WP7...)
31st January 2011, 01:20 AM |#95  
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 93

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by benjaminries

I
9. Now close Device Manager, and set up a dial-up connection (using HTC USB Modem if you have the choice) to the number *99#

how do you do this last part?
am i supposed to be calling frommy computer?
how to do that? i dont get it.
31st January 2011, 05:16 AM |#96  
Flag Hawthorne
Thanks Meter: 108

Donate to Me
More
Smile Tmobile us settings
alright after a lot of hours trying here and there i finally set up my connection from tmobile hd7 usa.

on the advance tab (to get there after installing the drivers and device on usb modem mode go to to device manager then modems then right click usb modem then properties then advance tab) put there copy and paste +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

then go to settings on your phone, celullar, data connection off, go down add apn

apn
wap.voicestream.com

username
(blank)

password
(blank)

then

Add A New Internet Connection
Close the Phone and Modem Options and the Control Panel.
For XP: Create a new connection with Start -> Connect To -> Show all connections -> Create a new connection.
1. Click Next

2. Select "Connect To The Internet" then Next

3. Select "Set up my connection manually" then Next

4. Select "Connect using a dial-up modem" then Next.

For Vista: Create a new connection with Start -> Connect To ->

1. Set up a connection or network

2. Choose a connection option: Click on "Connect to the Internet (Set up a wireless, broadband, or dial-up connection to the Internet."

3. You are already connected to the Internet - Click on "Set up a new connection anyway"

4. At "How do you want to connect?" Click on "Dial-up"

5. Check only the Standard Modem (if prompted).

6. Give the connection a name such as "BlackBerry Modem", then Next.

7. On the next screen, pick one of the following phone numbers, depending on your carrier:

....If you use GSM/Cingular/AT&T/TMobile/SwissCom: Enter phone number *99#

8. Click Next.

If you use T-Mobile:
.........Username: (blank)
.........Password: (blank)
.........Note: In USA, you can leave both blank

9. click properties

ppp settings

ckeck only lcp extensions.

restart the phone at this point with usb disconnected then when the phone restarts connect usb

open your dial up connection and click connect.

hope this helps

thank u.
31st January 2011, 06:14 AM |#97  
Flag Toronto
Thanks Meter: 38

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreynam2

alright after a lot of hours trying here and there i finally set up my connection from tmobile hd7 usa.

on the advance tab (to get there after installing the drivers and device on usb modem mode go to to device manager then modems then right click usb modem then properties then advance tab) put there copy and paste +cgdcont=1,"IP","wap.voicestream.com"

then go to settings on your phone, celullar, data connection off, go down add apn

apn
wap.voicestream.com

username
(blank)

password
(blank)

then

Add A New Internet Connection
Close the Phone and Modem Options and the Control Panel.
For XP: Create a new connection with Start -> Connect To -> Show all connections -> Create a new connection.
1. Click Next

2. Select "Connect To The Internet" then Next

3. Select "Set up my connection manually" then Next

4. Select "Connect using a dial-up modem" then Next.

For Vista: Create a new connection with Start -> Connect To ->

1. Set up a connection or network

2. Choose a connection option: Click on "Connect to the Internet (Set up a wireless, broadband, or dial-up connection to the Internet."

3. You are already connected to the Internet - Click on "Set up a new connection anyway"

4. At "How do you want to connect?" Click on "Dial-up"

5. Check only the Standard Modem (if prompted).

6. Give the connection a name such as "BlackBerry Modem", then Next.

7. On the next screen, pick one of the following phone numbers, depending on your carrier:

....If you use GSM/Cingular/AT&T/TMobile/SwissCom: Enter phone number *99#

8. Click Next.

If you use T-Mobile:
.........Username: (blank)
.........Password: (blank)
.........Note: In USA, you can leave both blank

9. click properties

ppp settings

ckeck only lcp extensions.

restart the phone at this point with usb disconnected then when the phone restarts connect usb

open your dial up connection and click connect.

hope this helps

thank u.

This is wrong, insofar as it is a copy/paste job from some Blackberry instructions. You don't use the Standard Modem in the dialup connection. You use the HTC USB Modem.
31st January 2011, 02:07 PM |#98  
Flag Linz

More
Does anybody know if it is possible to use the HTC Diagnostic Interface to put the phone back into Zune-Mode?

Because i see that COM-Device...

If yes, does anyone knows the protocol to send the switch command to the interface?

Would be really great...
1st February 2011, 06:33 AM |#99  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
When you boot the phone while holding down on the Camera button you get to a screen (image should be attached) that tells you to connect to the PC. Once doing this it starts up Zune and you receive the error C101002E. The device now also shows up in the device manager while in this mode but still doesnt allow syncing as according to Zune it is corrupt and cannot be repaired.

Is there any way this special type of boot mode, I have no idea what it is, can be used to return the phone to Zune-mode?

Just throwing my ideas out there
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	124
Size:	17.3 KB
ID:	505759   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture1.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	29.0 KB
ID:	505760   Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture2.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	40.0 KB
ID:	505761  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sca2pula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sca2pula Ad-Free
1st February 2011, 12:03 PM |#100  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Sorry to be a hassle, but as mentioned before, is someone able to make a copy of their ROM so that those of us with the issue of getting the .xap file back onto our phone can flash it onto our device?

I believe the two most common devices are the Mozart and the HD7

Pretty please
The Following User Says Thank You to sca2pula For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift sca2pula Ad-Free
1st February 2011, 01:51 PM |#101  
Flag Linz

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sca2pula

When you boot the phone while holding down on the Camera button you get to a screen (image should be attached) that tells you to connect to the PC. Once doing this it starts up Zune and you receive the error C101002E. The device now also shows up in the device manager while in this mode but still doesnt allow syncing as according to Zune it is corrupt and cannot be repaired.

Is there any way this special type of boot mode, I have no idea what it is, can be used to return the phone to Zune-mode?

Just throwing my ideas out there

So is there a way to get a clean restore-point to write to my hd7?
because if that works, that could maybe work the problem out...

i hope so ;)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)