AndrOINC. BOINC project for Motorola Milestone freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

MaW_PNT

Jan 10, 2011
Please, make this thing clear - you are not going to inform us anymore regarding
a) your non-working worker

Well if you insist to continue this "dialogue" then actually yes! I'm sure the situation regarding the "broken worker theory" will be clarified as soon as the developer has time to write something about it.

Cheers,
MaW

evolucja

Aug 25, 2010
Katowice
I'm not going to quote your, MaW_PNT, messages and respond them.. If I do we will continue such useless discussion for a long time wasting with it our time and time of potential readers.

Do you know what's the worst in this whole situation? That we: two mans from the same country, with one nationality are talking in different language on international forum about things we should discuss within ourselves..

DannyDroid

Jan 23, 2010
I don't see why you are all fighting.

If you're pissed the code hasn't been released, don't join.
If you're think the code is wrong, don't join.

If you don't want to take part, don't.

MuF123

Jul 18, 2009
I don't see why you are all fighting.

If you're pissed the code hasn't been released, don't join.
If you're think the code is wrong, don't join.

If you don't want to take part, don't.

I'm pissed because there was a good project running and they f*%$ed it up.

The code has been released.
The code wasn't wront.

I did take part.

Also I want to share the information that scammers running this project are wasting YOUR electricity for NOTHING because this project doesn't work.

DannyDroid

Jan 23, 2010
Feel free to start your own project, at least PNT are doing something. More then what could be said for half of the "haters" in this thread.

s0d

Jan 7, 2009
On project site is news:
Good news !
Today few users have donated directly our project server, and make declaration they will donate project monthly.

Thank you very much to all who are supporting AndrOINC.net 28 Jan 2011 | 17:33:47 UTC · Comment

MuF123

Jul 18, 2009
Actually that's the irony: "we" - haters contributed more to Milestone users because we compute same amount of VALID results and we didn't destroy other's project.

So that's a win for us, sry :)

MuF123

Jul 18, 2009
Is it really about 'win for us' for you? If you really don't want to contribute in this project, get the source code of previous one, set up your own server and get people to join. That would be doing something.

I think it is better to do nothing then to destroy work of others'. You can praise the destroyers as they "seem to do something" and hate me for hating them destroying something useful. But it's your call. :)

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
Feel free to start your own project, at least PNT are doing something. More then what could be said for half of the "haters" in this thread.

Please keep the lessons on how to contribute to the community away.

Personally my contribution to the community was started at the time of TI99/4A (in 1982), and is still here with things that are fitting my skills.

And every solution, suggestion, sw, custom rom, driver I made were offered for free, were fully explained, were fully opened to the contribution.

Now I don't want to hide myself under a rock just because I'm not skilled on symmetrical cryptography.

So I can't see anything wrong on criticizing something that doesn't smells good.

This is mainly a discussion forum, remember ?

Reactions: MuF123

DannyDroid

Jan 23, 2010
I think it is better to do nothing then to destroy work of others'. You can praise the destroyers as they "seem to do something" and hate me for hating them destroying something useful. But it's your call. :)
What on earth are you talking about?

I have yet to read from the original creater about any type of foul play. His home server fell under the weight of the project (it was a Atom on a home connection). #

"DDoSing" his server due to a fast worker with a fast turn around - a worker you where fine using - is hardly taking down the site (this wasn't the only technical issue with the site, but the one that broke the servers back).

If it worried the original creator and he wanted to carry on by himself he could have just banned the IPs or do the grown up with and get in contact with PNT to stop.

Take off your tinfail hat, and stop being such a.

MaW_PNT

Jan 10, 2011
So I can't see anything wrong on criticizing something that doesn't smells good.

I can't see anything wrong about it either. Furthermore, I'm encouraging you to criticize what you feel isn't right, after all pointing out problems is the first step of having them solved.

But.. yes, there's always a 'but'. If you keep repeating same thing over and over again despite knowing that the recipents have already received the 'message' numerous times and that resolving the situation is just a matter of time (I've already explained roughly why is that and I'm not going to repeat it again).. I won't say it will have opposite effect, but it will have none at all.

If you have doubts about worker being correct or not it's pefectly fine to not download new tasks until you get this desired explaination. Noone is forcing you to do anything, the project exists to help Milestone users, not PNT who don't have any profits from hosting it.

@evolucja
You know what... I completely agree with you! But it's you who brought it here, not me. We could aswell talk it on the polish android site or IRC - pnt's channel is not the only one out there. So don't blame me about it.

From now I'll just gently ignore MuF's posts =)). He began with insults, then most of his posts were filled with slanders about us. It speaks for itself.

The Solutor

Dec 14, 2006
Turin
I can't see anything wrong about it either. Furthermore, I'm encouraging you to criticize what you feel isn't right, after all pointing out problems is the first step of having them solved.

I agree.

But.. yes, there's always a 'but'. If you keep repeating same thing over and over again despite knowing that the recipents have already received the 'message' numerous times and that resolving the situation is just a matter of time (I've already explained roughly why is that and I'm not going to repeat it again).. I won't say it will have opposite effect, but it will have none at all.

I repeated my point just because some new users have asked.

If you have doubts about worker being correct or not it's pefectly fine to not download new tasks until you get this desired explaination. Noone is forcing you to do anything, the project exists to help Milestone users, not PNT who don't have any profits from hosting it.

Do you thing that silently wait is fine ?

I had my doubts and I exposed them, who doesn't agree with me is still free to run the worker, but at least the newcomers are advised to keep their eyes open.

That's all

Reactions: Ming-Z

i2gh0st

Oky 2 problems.

1 bootloder is signed .. key is imprinted in the hardwere

2 kernel is signed where is the key from witch the bootloder chechs the kernel? Because if it's in the bootloder and bootloder will be updated again let's say with another key in the final moto update, this all is for nothing because we can't downgrade the bootloder without bricking the device.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk

cicciobellomo

Oct 12, 2005
Varzi
Please keep the lessons on how to contribute to the community away.

Personally my contribution to the community was started at the time of TI99/4A (in 1982), and is still here with things that are fitting my skills.

And every solution, suggestion, sw, custom rom, driver I made were offered for free, were fully explained, were fully opened to the contribution.

Now I don't want to hide myself under a rock just because I'm not skilled on symmetrical cryptography.

Ciao
I have a TI99/4A still up and running, and I also started to use it in 1981.
I fully subscribe your point.

Ciao

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Click here and help us getting to the XDA main page.

androinc.png

This is an official thread about AndrOINC - BOINC project created by Sesef and OxyOne from Polish National Team.

Informations
    Official name: AndrOINC
    Motto: For Motorola Milestone freedom
    Creators: Sesef and OxyOne from Polish National Team(BOINC.pl)

Special thanks to:
    pontomedon - for creating the MilestoneRSA project and putting everybody one step closer to Milestone freedom

Platforms:
    Windows x86 - supported
    Windows x64 - supported(with app from x86)
    Linux x32 - currently working on
    Linux x64 - currently working on
    GPU application ATI + nVidia - very soon

What is it?
    AndrOINC is a BOINC project trying to break a 1024 bit RSA key used by Motorola to sign the boot and recovery partitions on the Motorola Milestone. If this key could be broken, we would be able to sign our own boot/recovery images, which would enable us to run custom kernels and recovery images on the Milestone.

//Will be updated later
    Nice to see what this topic has become.

Mod please move to general as this is useless talk.

Sent from my Milestone using Tapatalk
    This isn't possible on the Milestone for reasons I do not understand :p .

Would be interesting to contact the guy who did it though. I'll chuck him an email tomorrow :)
    We were investigating at it but we came to the conclusion that first we have to successfully break the Milestone. Every key more would slow down the process x2. The second thing is that nobody have checked keys used in other Motorola models. Someone said that XT720 is using the same key as Milestone. Sadly, we can't confirm it.

Thanks for the reply, I have just the milestone so I can't help with other models.

For sure we won't release worker source code. This is intellectual property created by Sesef made using his mathematic knowledge and experience. He doesn't want to public it. Optimalization has been explained some time ago: http://boinc.pl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=209.

No offense, but I think that fighting for an open bootloader with a closed worker is just a nonsense.

Is something like saying "I'm a pacifist, and I'll kill who doesn't agree with me"
    i can bet all that the community wants is a free bootloader. is it that hard to ask?

please settle down, for the PNT i guess its much better to release ur worker codes when u think its time to release it(not so long tough) and for the others who oppose on running the worker unit please cool down, PNT is a trustable group. they are one of the leading BOINC teams. why the wanna hack or use our system as a zombie?

we are a community here with one aim, to free the bootloader, please cool down and settle down ur problems in a nice way. i beg u guys. :eek::(:eek::(:eek::(

united we stand, divided we fall!!
    lets show motorola wat the community is made up of!!!!