Android 3.0 Honeycomb Preview Image v04 - 2/7/2011

58 posts
Thanks Meter: 609

By deeper-blue, Member on 1st February 2011, 09:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2011, 12:01 AM |#321  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
would it be possible to open the image file and insert apostle directly before booting the SD card? Since I can't get adb to work, would this be possible?
2nd February 2011, 12:06 AM |#322  
Flag York/Wrightsville/Hanover
Thanks Meter: 53

Donate to Me
More
This is awesome. Would be my daily rom if it had sound. Honeycomb is designed for less buttons which is perfect for the nook. UI is beautiful can't wait for sound
2nd February 2011, 12:06 AM |#323  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Just installed it. Very nice and responsive. Thanks.
2nd February 2011, 12:07 AM |#324  
Thanks Meter: 97

More
Has anyone tried installing the flash apk listed on nookdevs for nookie froyo? I would but I can't download it since hc doesn't see the rest of my image as sdcard space
2nd February 2011, 12:12 AM |#325  
Flag California
Thanks Meter: 1,192

More
Iā€™ll be trying it when I get home.
Now all we need is a way to install in internal memory; BT and sound!!!!
Yea baby!
2nd February 2011, 12:30 AM |#326  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skier06

I loaded the calendar apk file via adb. after reboot i get a force close on calendar. anyone by chance have it working or even tried the calendar? im new to using adb for installing apps so im not certain if i just messed it up.
thanks!

I wonder if there's something fundamentally broken with the calendar. I setup an exchange sync account and e-mail/contacts came over nicely. There are calendar errors that show up in settings/sync accounts.

I also tried PocketInformant Beta, but that's complaining about not being able to read the SD card. *shrug*.

If someone figures out what the story is with the Calendar, let us know. Thanks!
2nd February 2011, 12:30 AM |#327  
Thanks Meter: 36

More
can this be expanded so i can use my whole sd card space for storage?right now it only gives me alil bit of space,id like to use my full 8 gig card
2nd February 2011, 12:39 AM |#328  
Capitola CA
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrosd12

Thanks! I'll try getting a better clip up. The real issue right now is that I have no idea how to get Flash or Youtube working - Market isn't cooperating as much as I'd like it to, things are generally running sluggish in there for some reason and downloads are still taking forever.

I could reflash with the original kernel and show you the difference.

Love your blog btw - whenever rooting the NC first started, it was your stuff that made me want to buy one.

Oh really? Thank you so much... I would need to ask B&N for some commission for the NCs sold after people have read something out of my blog. Just kiddin' ... (or not, lol. Since Google has kicked me out from their AdSense program, I don't get a single penny for my love of tablets -- preferrably RIM Playbook, but Honey NC, for now)

Ah, forget about Flash for now (though try to adb install and use EVO's "HQ" YouTube, as per my post in my blog a month ago -- not the "signed_YouTube"as it's quite broken for the NC)

As for Market not cooperating, maybe a "Verizon" edit in build.prop could help? or rolling back to earlier Vending.apk version?

In any case, hopefully there will be a breakthrough in DSP/SGX acceleration soon.
------------------------------------
fineoils.blogspot.com
goolocalizations.blogspot.com <-- for some 2005 predictions fun
2nd February 2011, 12:47 AM |#329  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,474

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iridox

There are a LOT of devices in CM7's stable. In order for them to launch even an RC, each has to be working or near-working, which takes a lot of effort.

Also, from what I understand, Gingerbread has a few critical bugs that the CM team is attempting to fix before committing to a formal release. It's a choice not to put it out now, not a lack of skill or talent.

That's right. There could have been a release in early Jan but while the demo video would have been neato, the build itself would have been WAY too early. And then it would have been a month of "IS IT READY? IS IT READY NOW? Why isn't there sound? Where's the accelerometer? Why is the keyboard so screwy?" etc etc.

CM has a rule not to release until it's 100% hardware compliant-- that's how CM got a reputation for being so great. That said, the nook CM team has been working with blue in the last few days, so what you're seeing in his release today has several parts from cm7 in it (as he noted in the original post). CM7 also does have sound working, ext4 support, and other hardware and build-process fixes that were impossible to migrate in blue's timeframe (or did not apply w/o the source). Those will be in cm7 (it's two bugs away from full hardware support), and when the source is released for honeycomb, I've no doubt the work will be leveraged into that quickly. Which is good because as you can see, HC and NC fit together very well.

In other words, this has been time well spent, and you're seeing some of the fruits of that project today.
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fattire Ad-Free
2nd February 2011, 12:48 AM |#330  
Flag Troll under bridge
Thanks Meter: 11

More
32 bit fine here
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans59

Since this is a 4 gig image some people may have problems extracting and burning using 32 bit Windows software. For me it would not extract properly even under Windows 7 64 bit so I used Ubuntu 64 for the extraction.

I was then able to burn it using win32diskimager under Windows 7 64 bit just fine. I know I could of just used dd but I wanted to confirm the issue was in extracting it.

BTW: AngryBirds and Astro FileManager run

I had no problems with win32 in 32 bit win7. Are you using admin mode?
2nd February 2011, 01:02 AM |#331  
Thanks Meter: 308

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cevans59

Since this is a 4 gig image some people may have problems extracting and burning using 32 bit Windows software. For me it would not extract properly even under Windows 7 64 bit so I used Ubuntu 64 for the extraction.

I was then able to burn it using win32diskimager under Windows 7 64 bit just fine. I know I could of just used dd but I wanted to confirm the issue was in extracting it.

BTW: AngryBirds and Astro FileManager run

Being a 32 bit operating system has zero effect on it. NFTS supports files over 4GB. Its OS running FAT32 that have problems.
The Following User Says Thank You to ChrisJ951 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ChrisJ951 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)