FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[THEME] Jumba's NeonGT 2.5 for JVR/JPx/JS3 (31.08 - NEW JVR PORT)

1,155 posts
Thanks Meter: 709

By Jumba, Senior Member on 4th January 2011, 10:24 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
2nd February 2011, 12:01 PM |#761  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by topimax

yes sir. done that. it says "can't find camera driver" or something like that and FC. I have just tried from at clean install, and same problem. not good course I really like your theme.

First time I've heard of that error. Unfortunately without being able to replicate it there's not very much I can do about it.... I would like to hear from others if they are having problems with the camera and barcode scanner to see if it really is an isolated incident.

Anyway, try version 2.0 - maybe you'll have better luck.

UPDATE: VERSION 2.0 RELEASED

Black Buttons only.
Lots more changes to the core apps.
Contacts and Alarm Clock are now fully skinned.
DialerTab tweaked.
Notification bar graphics updated (the tabs are a bit lighter than I'd like, but it makes reading black notification text easier).
etc.

In the interests of time and quality, from now on I will only be updating the black button version.

This release is split into two parts: 1, the core files and 2, the skinned apps.

The apps zip contains:

ClockPackage.apk
Contacts.apk
DialerTabActivity.apk
JobManager.apk
MediaProvider.apk
Settings.apk
TouchWizCalculator.apk

Install the core files first then the apps. If you don't want a certain app installed (e.g. the dialer) then simply delete it from the zip before installing. But do install both zips. Enjoy!

Still to do:

Skin mms.apk, phone.apk and google search.
Remove clock from Epic lockscreen.

DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 CORE FILES
DOWNLOAD VERSION 2.0 APPS
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jumba For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Jumba Ad-Free

2nd February 2011, 12:01 PM |#762  
Flag Akureyri
Thanks Meter: 215

Donate to Me
More
One thing before I flash this.... Can i flash both core and apps without Rebooting.... Like this:
Reboot to recovery, flash CORE FILES and when that is Installed.... Go Flash APPS... and then Reboot
Or do I have to flash CORE FILES.... Reboot and go to recovery again and flash APPS.....

I like being safe... THANX!
2nd February 2011, 12:19 PM |#763  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEVARM3

One thing before I flash this.... Can i flash both core and apps without Rebooting.... Like this:
Reboot to recovery, flash CORE FILES and when that is Installed.... Go Flash APPS... and then Reboot
Or do I have to flash CORE FILES.... Reboot and go to recovery again and flash APPS.....

Yes, sure.

Mr. Benny - I will think about it. The problem is with each new app that needs theming there's a whole new set of buttons to make. It gets a bit tiring after the 10,000th one. Plus there's two different sets of xml files to update each time you tweak something. It kinda doubles the workload and takes time, which is something I'm very short of at the moment. I think when I'm happy the core apps are skinned properly in terms of text colours and general graphics then it will be easier to apply to the grey button version. Bear in mind I'm still quite new to this so things take a bit longer. :P
2nd February 2011, 12:25 PM |#764  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAEVARM3

CWM -> flash -> flash -> reboot and i dont have problem
The Following User Says Thank You to xBenny For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift xBenny Ad-Free
2nd February 2011, 12:30 PM |#765  
Flag Akureyri

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBenny

CWM -> flash -> flash -> reboot and i dont have problem

You deserve your first thanks for this ..... about to flash now!
2nd February 2011, 12:31 PM |#766  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba

Yes, sure.

Mr. Benny - I will think about it. The problem is with each new app that needs theming there's a whole new set of buttons to make. It gets a bit tiring after the 10,000th one. Plus there's two different sets of xml files to update each time you tweak something. It kinda doubles the workload and takes time, which is something I'm very short of at the moment. I think when I'm happy the core apps are skinned properly in terms of text colours and general graphics then it will be easier to apply to the grey button version. Bear in mind I'm still quite new to this so things take a bit longer. :P

ok

V 2 is amazing. Good work Jumba, nice phonebook and everything. Samsung would do this theme was to give a basic
2nd February 2011, 12:46 PM |#767  
Thanks Meter: 110

More
I hope you didn't forget us dpi tweakers Jumba
Anyway, going to try this one out.
2nd February 2011, 12:53 PM |#768  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBenny

ok

V 2 is amazing. Good work Jumba, nice phonebook and everything. Samsung would do this theme was to give a basic

Cool man, glad you like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by derrzredeem

I hope you didn't forget us dpi tweakers Jumba
Anyway, going to try this one out.

No sir, the dialer and calculator are multi-dpi enabled.
2nd February 2011, 12:59 PM |#769  
Flag Akureyri

Donate to Me
More
Just flashed NeonGT 2.0 .... absolutely love it! You have done a great job on this one Jumba!
2nd February 2011, 01:04 PM |#770  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumba

First time I've heard of that error. Unfortunately without being able to replicate it there's not very much I can do about it.... I would like to hear from others if they are having problems with the camera and barcode scanner to see if it really is an isolated incident.

Anyway, try version 2.0 - maybe you'll have better luck.

Gave it a shot! and guess what, no problem

Nice theme.. can't touch it!
2nd February 2011, 01:06 PM |#771  
OP Senior Member
Flag Johannesburg

Donate to Me
More
Screenshots added to the first post!

Quote:
Originally Posted by topimax

Gave it a shot! and guess what, no problem