FORUMS

Windows Mobile application for Geocaching.

565 posts
Thanks Meter: 131

By Gech, Senior Member on 13th February 2009, 02:48 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2011, 09:15 AM |#4921  
Flag Fellbach
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Hallo Tom,
I've seen, that you added the favorite rating in the list view and in the detail view. Thats great!
My suggestion is to display this like "F:10/D:2,5/T:1,5" instead of "F:[10] D:2,5/T:1,5"
On the detail page like "F:10 / today".

Perhaps there is a posibility to sort "sort by -> cache -> cache rating (or favorite rating)

Thank you
docfred
3rd February 2011, 10:19 AM |#4922  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 131

More
Ver 0.2.35.68
Hi

Ver 0.2.35.68

- Minor bug fix.
- Add Sort Interval menu to "Distance by". (10sec/30sec/1min/3mins)
- Change strings "F:10/D:2.5/T:1.5" instead of "F:[10] D:2.5/T:1.5" in Cache List.

thanks

tom

GCzII_20110203_0235_68.zip => Professional Edition
GCzII_20110203_0235_68_GS.zip => Gesture Scrolling
GCzII_20110203_0235_68_STD.zip => Standard Edition (None touch screen)

You can follow update info by Twitter.
Twitter account is "GCzII".
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Gech For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Gech Ad-Free
3rd February 2011, 10:52 AM |#4923  
Flag Banska Bystrica
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,thanks Gech (Tom), Jake Bullit and SecretAgentMan. With your help I managed to change data store location. First I tried Toms advice - I took the whole GCzII folder and I moved it from main memory to ipaq file store memory...GCzII worked well, thus this is the way how to download caches not to main memory. Then I left GCzII in main memory and I just changed "Download Data Stored Folder" to "\ipaq file store\GCzII" ("/ipaq file store/GCzII" worked as well-different is in slash) and the data were downloaded to new location - perfect! The folder "GCzII" I had to create manually before. Then I tried "cabinstl" program - this is really great program - I installed "Qippda" (icq client) and Skype to different than main memory, thus I can managed which programs will be installed in main memory and which in different place and thus I can manage free space in main memory. Thanks a lot, GCzII and Trekbuddy are the programs are I use for GC.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	capture.png
Views:	60
Size:	63.8 KB
ID:	507572  
3rd February 2011, 11:51 AM |#4924  
Flag Fellbach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gech

Hi

Ver 0.2.35.68

- Minor bug fix.
- Add Sort Interval menu to "Distance by". (10sec/30sec/1min/3mins)
- Change strings "F:10/D:2.5/T:1.5" instead of "F:[10] D:2.5/T:1.5" in Cache List.

thanks

tom

GCzII_20110203_0235_68.zip => Professional Edition
GCzII_20110203_0235_68_GS.zip => Gesture Scrolling
GCzII_20110203_0235_68_STD.zip => Standard Edition (None touch screen)

You can follow update info by Twitter.
Twitter account is "GCzII".

Thank you!

For those who didn't found the new functions:
You have to rename the skin file until there is a file for this version!
docfred
3rd February 2011, 03:02 PM |#4925  
Thanks Meter: 37

More
" CACHE NOT FOUND " and Other Errors.

...and How to Install the Latest Version of GCzII

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

The latest version of GCzII is 0.2.35.68

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

* * * * * This is an interim release - you will have to update as noted below. AppToDate will not update interim releases! * * * * *

How to get the latest version of GCzII:

You will find the GCz's version number displayed in the lower left corner of the main screen.

New Install or Upgrade to a Cabbed Release
GCzII is installed from the posted version on the Nicque.com site (HERE). You can install it either on your device memory or an SD card.

If you have a touchscreen phone, you have a choice of the Professional Version (no "GS" or "STD" in the file name) or the Gesture Scrolling version. The Gesture Scrolling version give the added capability of finger scrolling. Install GCzII from the cab file.

If you want the Gesture Scrolling version, after you install the Professional Version .cab file described above, copy the GCzII.exe file in the " . . . . . _GS.zip" file into your \Program Files\GCzII folder, overwriting the one placed there by the cab file installation.

If you have a non-touchscreen phone, after you install the Professional Version .cab file described above, copy the GCzII.exe file in the " . . . . . _STD.zip" file into your \Program Files\GCzII folder, overwriting the one placed there by the cab file installation.

Interim Version Install (GCzII Already Installed)
An interim version release is one where the update has been posted in this forum, but is not posted in cab form on the GCzII web site. You can update to an interim version of GCzII after GCzII has been installed from a cab file on the GCzII web site. Download the appropriate update (Professional, Gesture Scrolling or STD for non-touchscreen phones) in zip file format from HERE. Unzip the GCzII.exe file and copy it over the existing one in \Program Files\GCzII.

3. If you encounter errors while running the program after upgrading from a previous version, you may need to empty the contents of the Cache_DB folder. By default it is located in \Program Files\GCzII, but you may have moved it to your storage card. See the "NOTE" below for additional cautions regarding emptying \Cache_DB.

" Cache not found " and Other Errors

Several conditions may generate errors:

1. You are not running the latest version. Upgrade as noted above.

2. Your language setting on the geocaching.com website is not set to ENGLISH. Check your setting by going to your account page and clicking on the "Your Account Details" link. The language setting is at the bottom in the "Your Preferences" box.

3. Cached caches stored in the GCzII cache folder (\Cache_DB) may be causing issues. Try deleting the files in this folder.

NOTE: Deleting the files in \Cache_DB will also delete waypoints and notes. Waypoints (.wpt) and notes (.pwi) are saved in each cache folder (the folder name is the GC code.) If you do not want to lose this information, back these files up. THIS POST describes how one user selectively deletes files in \Cache_DB.

4. If you have a GCzII skin installed, try uninstalling it. If that corrects the problem, check if there is an updated skin and install that one.

Distance Measurements in Lists

If you are a Groundspeak basic member, you'll need to use the "Download All Caches", "Reload from Cache Detail" or "Menu, Sort By" functions in the list view to obtain some distance measurements and cache size details in lists. You may wish to change the number of caches you display in a list to make the list regeneration go faster. (From the main screen, Menu, Option, Download Settings.)

Distance and size info in lists has only been implemented for:

- Postal Code/Address
- Cache Code
- Current Location
- Coordinate

Getting a "Log Submit" Error???

If you have too many trackables in your possession, you may get a "log submit" error when you try to post a log with GCzII. This occurs when you have more than 5 trackables in your inventory. To fix this problem, you need to move some of the trackables in your inventory to your collection so that you have no more than 5 in your inventory.

You can move trackables between your inventory and your collection on the GC.com web site. You will see links for both categories at the top of your profile page. Items in your collection can't be dropped into caches, but you can move them back to your inventory to drop them.

If you still encounter problems after reducing the number in your inventory, try deleting your fieldnotes.txt (once you have what you need from it). A corrupt fieldnotes.txt has also caused "log submit" issues.

Still Need Help???

If you are still running into problems, or need help with the features and functions of GCzII, check out the DEDICATED FORUM. It can be tricky to find the answers in this huge thread, so the forum has been set up to make finding help easier. Please use it!

Before Posting:

There are a number of people here willing to help you. But to be honest, we seem to answer the same questions over and over again. We'll be glad to help you, but you need to do your part first. Here's what we suggest:

1. Read the last 5 pages of posts and try the things that have been suggested. Most of the time, the solution has been posted recently. If you don't want to take the time to read the last few pages, why should we take the time to restate, again, what we just posted not too long ago?

2. Post the version of GCz that you are using. Believe it or not, there is a chance that you may not have the current version installed.

3. State whether or not you have deleted the contents of \Cache_DB.

4. Confirm that on Geocaching.com, your language is set to "English".

Finally, make sure you have read and followed the instructions contained in this post. Twice.

If you've worked your way through the above and are still having an issue, post here using the guidelines above, and we'll be glad to help. Or, go to the dedicated GCzII forum.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Check the developer's page for the next full version release:
http://www.nicque.com/PQz/GCz.htm

Also check the dedicated GCz forum for info and updates: http://gczii.newstarforum.com
The Following User Says Thank You to SecretAgentMan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SecretAgentMan Ad-Free
3rd February 2011, 03:20 PM |#4926  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Will you go out the screen where the installation destination is chosen when the CAB file is installed?
3rd February 2011, 04:52 PM |#4927  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Imagine this scenario.

A cache has a Waypoint on it that is for Parking.
You set Gcz to go to the Parking point.
GPS Monitor takes you there.
You cannot now tell Gcz to go to the cache point.
You have to go to another cache use GPS monitor and then go back to the original cache.
3rd February 2011, 05:53 PM |#4928  
Flag Fellbach

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebias

Imagine this scenario.

You have to go to another cache use GPS monitor and then go back to the original cache.

On which post is this answer related?

docfred
3rd February 2011, 05:54 PM |#4929  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Using v68, I am getting a message "Log submit failed" when logging a find. Note, the log does get submitted as I ended up posting the same log 4 times in an attempt to make it work.
3rd February 2011, 06:08 PM |#4930  
Flag Wichita, KS
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebias

Imagine this scenario.

Try this:

From the main cache description page:

Select Waypoints
Select Menu > Set Waypoint Location --- now the GPS Monitor is showing the location to your selected waypoint.

Now, select Menu > Set Cache Location --- now the GPS Monitor is showing the location to the cache.
The Following User Says Thank You to nsa_sailor For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift nsa_sailor Ad-Free
3rd February 2011, 06:17 PM |#4931  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsa_sailor

Now, select Menu > Set Cache Location --- now the GPS Monitor is showing the location to the cache.

Yaaaay, knew it was me being fick.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
free apps, gcz, gczii, geocaching, gps

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)