FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slick UI - An Android Homescreen-replacement interface - New video: 'Dock Preview'!

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By Caemgen, Senior Member on 24th October 2010, 01:05 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
31st January 2011, 09:00 PM |#481  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderDroid

80+ hour work weeks

you are a f**kin BEAST

31st January 2011, 10:59 PM |#482  
Flag Aguadilla
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelf10

you are a f**kin BEAST

Laughing Out Loud....
1st February 2011, 01:46 PM |#483  
Flag chandigarh
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Fxxk

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
3rd February 2011, 09:23 AM |#484  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WonderDroid

professional Software Engineer

I didn't know there might be the unprofessional SE type. But I guess there are...
3rd February 2011, 12:15 PM |#485  
Flag Elkton, MD
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I for one can't wait to see the final product, I have an evo to test on if you guys need beta testers once you reach that point.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
3rd February 2011, 03:03 PM |#486  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jurrabi

I didn't know there might be the unprofessional SE type. But I guess there are...

Then you don't work in the industry
The Following User Says Thank You to Coolsaber57 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Coolsaber57 Ad-Free
4th February 2011, 06:16 PM |#487  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
Any update?
7th February 2011, 12:19 AM |#488  
Flag Townsville, Australia
Thanks Meter: 199

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmarden

You guys are assuming that he is moving too slowly (in your minds) through a bug finding and fixing process. How do you know that is the case?

How do you know he isn't (or they aren't) still writing and doing initial code refinement?

How do you have any idea what stage of the process this project is in...

Allowing more open testing too early on can HURT development, not help it.

Not sure why you guys think you have all the answers.

At no point did I claim to know what stage of the production process it was in.
Other than that, he has released a video months ago which looks as though it is practically ready for beta release (no bugs obvious enough to spot) hence why I would assume it would be ready to at least be run through a beta testing phase.

If the dev/team doesn't share any information what so ever about the current progress of development (such is the case) people will lose interest. A way to keep people interested is to release a beta, give a rough indication as to what the process is currently at or at least provide information as to what YEAR it will be released.
7th February 2011, 04:45 AM |#489  
Thanks Meter: 39

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevles

At no point did I claim to know what stage of the production process it was in.
Other than that, he has released a video months ago which looks as though it is practically ready for beta release (no bugs obvious enough to spot) hence why I would assume it would be ready to at least be run through a beta testing phase.

If the dev/team doesn't share any information what so ever about the current progress of development (such is the case) people will lose interest. A way to keep people interested is to release a beta, give a rough indication as to what the process is currently at or at least provide information as to what YEAR it will be released.

your letting your lack of experience with peoples interest show.

the thing is, just because you might like testing a buggy beta, most people wont, and just because you saw a short video of it working doesnt mean its ready for the masses, in fact, what he showed might be the ONLY things that work, and everything else crashes the phone, but you dont take that into consideration

if it was released as a beta now and it didnt work right people might be turned off by it and never come back. its best the way its being done. but more updates i think would benefit this thread by leaps and bounds. in the op it needs an "whats working" and "whats not working" kind of thing.
7th February 2011, 10:43 AM |#490  
Flag Independence
Thanks Meter: 145

More
I've lost interest, but it is funny to see what people have to say - I hope this turns out to be a nice addition to Android Software Development.
7th February 2011, 11:23 PM |#491  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 247

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireZenk

Any update?

+10000000
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, launcher, official, project, slick ui