If you downloaded root but it didnt actually root your phone, this may be your prob

Search This thread

alecjake

Jul 25, 2010
My problem was that I would download SuperOneClick and it would not give me actual root. The SuperUser icon was in my app drawer but if I tried to use any apps that required root access they wouldnt let me. When I opened Super Manager and clicked "Enable Root Access" a popup would come up and it would say something like "Your ROOT image will not work" or something like that.

The problem was this:
I found out that I had downloaded the most recent version of SuperOneClick. This version will not give root if you had the official 2.2. update. You needed to download the 1.5.5 version.

I hope this will help anyone who made the same mistake as me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Phrack

orells

May 31, 2009
You should repost the OP with the solution in case someone else has the problem, if not people will search in vain.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Phrack

May 3, 2010
Thanks alecjake, I am on ka6 and have heard there were issues with the latest SuperOneClick. Odd that an older version can root froyo but the newer version can't. Very helpful advice.
Try enable USB debugging

Settings > Applications > USB Debugging > Enable.

Not helpful at all. Did you even read the OP? Trying to get that post count higher with meaningless drivel?

nacron

Dec 30, 2005
Hawaii
Thanks alecjake, I am on ka6 and have heard there were issues with the latest SuperOneClick. Odd that an older version can root froyo but the newer version can't. Very helpful advice.

Not helpful at all. Did you even read the OP? Trying to get that post count higher with meaningless drivel?

Enabling usb debug helps with pc connection issues. Who's the post whore here?

Sent from my Galaxy Tab

geoffcorey

Apr 24, 2010
One thing you also want to do, is after using superoneclick is to reboot. That way root actually works.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA App

Apr 20, 2012
on earth
root

I also have problems with rooting my andriod, I ran Titanium Backup but it required root access to work, so I downloaded z4root and universal root apk, it says that my phone is rooted but still Titanium Backup cant detect any root access.

Also my Link2sd App(app2sd alike) also requires root, I think I rooted my phone but still doesn't work. A noob like me really need your help guys.. thanks in advance..

BTW i am running 1.6 andriod firmware.

mwms77

Feb 26, 2012
Saginaw
Easiest way I've found is to use AIO Vibrant Toolbox. I'm on my phone so I can't link it but just go to the development section and look for the post with the program name in the thread title. It's super easy to root with it. Just follow the included directions!

Sent from my SGH-T959 using XDA

suchavibrantthang

Dec 27, 2010
I also have problems with rooting my andriod, I ran Titanium Backup but it required root access to work, so I downloaded z4root and universal root apk, it says that my phone is rooted but still Titanium Backup cant detect any root access.

Also my Link2sd App(app2sd alike) also requires root, I think I rooted my phone but still doesn't work. A noob like me really need your help guys.. thanks in advance..

BTW i am running 1.6 andriod firmware.

1.6? do you have a t959 vibrant? if you do, you need to get to stock 2.1 JFD, then you can follow these instructions:
http://rootzwiki.com/topic/605-guide-root-odin-clean-metamorph-swype-tricks-ninja-apps-everything/

or go with the AIO toolbox which is more user friendly

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My problem was that I would download SuperOneClick and it would not give me actual root. The SuperUser icon was in my app drawer but if I tried to use any apps that required root access they wouldnt let me. When I opened Super Manager and clicked "Enable Root Access" a popup would come up and it would say something like "Your ROOT image will not work" or something like that.

The problem was this:
    I found out that I had downloaded the most recent version of SuperOneClick. This version will not give root if you had the official 2.2. update. You needed to download the 1.5.5 version.

I hope this will help anyone who made the same mistake as me.