[ROM] Tegro 2.6 (Slide Espresso port) - Are u missed me? 6/06/2011

Do you like new Home button behavior (see 1.3 changes list) ?

• Yes (leave it in common rom)

Votes: 109 55.1%
  • No (move it to addon)

Votes: 48 24.2%
  • As you wish (I dont use Home button)

Votes: 41 20.7%

• Total voters
Search This thread

whitealien

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 1, 2008
Paris
what? don't alarm apps replace the lockscreen when the alarm goes off? It sort of seems that's how it works with klaxon on gb roms (for example) but I' mnot sure that's what is really happening.
In other ROMs it may work properly and it also works fine with default htc lockscreen (which was not available in RC1), but hawst ported default android lockscreen to sense rom. In this case currently it does not implements alarm and also music controls.

whitealien

Sep 1, 2008
Paris
confused

I'm still trying to theme this ROM with HTC Hero theme and getting some problems.

1st method I just unzipped framework files, replaced pngs, ziped back = done. This way all framework is working, BUT, there is big but, you can't handle 9patchimages this way. Some buttons are little distored, not much, something by 1-2 pixels, but still not perfect so I used 2nd method.

2nd method I used apktool to decode framework files (including framework files from other sense ROM), replaced pngs, build back with apktool, sign and zipalign.

On boot all services crashes. I dont get why. Most important statusbar is missing and statusbar service is 1st on list to crash.

Reactions: L0cke

L0cke

Jan 27, 2010
Royston
I'm still trying to theme this ROM with HTC Hero theme and getting some problems.

1st method I just unzipped framework files, replaced pngs, ziped back = done. This way all framework is working, BUT, there is big but, you can't handle 9patchimages this way. Some buttons are little distored, not much, something by 1-2 pixels, but still not perfect so I used 2nd method.

2nd method I used apktool to decode framework files (including framework files from other sense ROM), replaced pngs, build back with apktool, sign and zipalign.

On boot all services crashes. I dont get why. Most important statusbar is missing and statusbar service is 1st on list to crash.

Providing you're replacing 'like for like' .png's there should be no problem. The .png's in this ROM differ to that of stock Hero Sense UI though, in some areas. With the 9.png's as long as you are not changing them, again there should be no problem, drag from one framework to the other.

hawst

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
In other ROMs it may work properly and it also works fine with default htc lockscreen (which was not available in RC1), but hawst ported default android lockscreen to sense rom. In this case currently it does not implements alarm and also music controls.

Please try to set alarm with stock lockscreen and see. Yeah there is no alarm and music controls on stock lockscreen. But u will be able to dismiss alarm - trust me ! :)

hawst

Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
thank u 4 ur efforts...

My [Q] i have arabic font from 2.1 fallah rom in this Thread
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=706649
is this font compatible with this rom?
and can i replace the font folder before installing your rom? or make flashing after?
Regards..

Really, i dont know is compatible or not :(. U can replace fonts at any time. I think good way is to replace fonts 1st boot and setupwizard finish. I will try to research more on how to make arabic fonts work.

Reactions: Her0o

hawst

Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
did u fix RTL in the new update RC2 ??

and for any one wants Arabic Fonts just flash this

http://www.mediafire.com/?pmqnn0wxob53255

Nothing changed from RC1 in this part. Can u please explain what is not works ?

PS. I tried (when added RTL support) with Hebrew locale, even w/o fonts all texts becomes right aligned (there was squares and some strange chars) but it looks like Right to left works.

hawst

Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2

Mmmm, there is beggiest problem that u need to resign all .apks which use same shared uid (AndroidManifest.xml - on top - android:sharedUserId attribute). Or more simple way - after apktool build new apk, goto sunfolder build/apk/... and take compiled 9.pngs or whatever u need and replace in original .apk , like u did it before (w/o apktool).

Armrhero

May 17, 2010
Caen
Noob question

Goodnight Hawst,

Thank you for this wonderful work already done on the 2.4. Now I will ask a very stupid question, but it does not seem to have read the answer somewhere, to make a nandroid hand, do I make a complete wipe before flashing 2.5??

Thank you in advance for your reply.

hawst

Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
Goodnight Hawst,

Thank you for this wonderful work already done on the 2.4. Now I will ask a very stupid question, but it does not seem to have read the answer somewhere, to make a nandroid hand, do I make a complete wipe before flashing 2.5??

Thank you in advance for your reply.

Yeah, u mostly not read changelist for 2.5 ;). Please give it a try to install 2.5 on top of yr 2.4 w/o any wipe. Mostly it should work, if not please revert here about yr expirience. Ability to upgrade w/o wipe is one of features in 2.5.

PS. Please dont forget that upgrading w/o wipe is not 100% sureness that it will work. This is like to install Windows 7 on top of XP - it may work or may not depend on software and settings before upgrade, so it mostly should, but may not...

PPS. The fix to upgrade for those who using app2sd already incorporated into 2.5.

Armrhero

May 17, 2010
Caen
Thank you very much for the quick response. I know well all that is installing windows, but I lack understanding of English to understand everything in the XDA forum, hence my question, because usually I format the SD card and I am doing a full wipe and later try to change a new rom, and of course always a backup nandroid present on the SD card in case of problems.

Good luck for the continuation and eventual bug fixes.

hawst

Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
HtcDialer fix for some locales (russian and some other) for 2.5RC2.

PS. If u dont have problems with Dialer - u dont need to update.

Attachments

• HtcDialer.apk
    781.3 KB · Views: 5

DonNaWaF

Jul 6, 2010
huraymila
before I flashed the arabic fonts it shows Arabic letters squares .. and I couldnt see if RTL work ..
and after I flashed the arabic fonts in sense and messages app its RTL BUT not connectd and in the apps its LTR ..
Arabic is Right to left and connected like this (العربية) But in the rom its like this (ا ل ع ر ب ي ة)
and thank you very much for your work ..

Reactions: Her0o and hawst

hawst

Jan 28, 2010
Xiaomi Mi 4
Xiaomi Mi Mix 2
before I flashed the arabic fonts it shows Arabic letters squares .. and I couldnt see if RTL work ..
and after I flashed the arabic fonts in sense and messages app its RTL BUT not connectd and in the apps its LTR ..
Arabic is Right to left and connected like this (العربية) But in the rom its like this (ا ل ع ر ب ي ة)

Understand problem. Will take a look more deep inside. Mostly i need to ask someone around XDA to help me. Hope i will fix this.

whitealien

Sep 1, 2008
Paris
Mmmm, there is beggiest problem that u need to resign all .apks which use same shared uid (AndroidManifest.xml - on top - android:sharedUserId attribute). Or more simple way - after apktool build new apk, goto sunfolder build/apk/... and take compiled 9.pngs or whatever u need and replace in original .apk , like u did it before (w/o apktool).
Very interesting solutions. I'll check for those. Thanks.

Btw, did you run some optimization on your apks, like zipalign?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Goal for create another ROM is make fresh port of latest Slide/Espress firmware for our Heros, with maximum possible localization (WWE with priority for Russian, localization of mostly 100% whereever it possible w/o localizing by hand). Additionaly change some Espresso applications to make them looks like in Sense.

ROM is based on latest at moment of 1.0 release firmware for myTouch 3G Slide 1.35.531.1. Locale resources are taken from HTC Desire ROM.

- We have own site - www.tegro.mobi . Please take a look for it, there are a lot of goodies for this ROM!

- 2nd post - Changelog
    - 3rd post - Addons

Main features for version 2.0 (full changelog is in 2nd post).
    - For camera video recording please read 2nd post, Version 2.0 changes, line about Camera MPEG4

Some original slide rom features left unchanged:
    - Bootanimation (no sound, loop)
    - All apps works fine (RSS, FriendStream, etc.)
    - All themes (removed bubbles from icons only)
    - Copy/Paste like in Legend ROMs (Warning! - be carefull using Titanium Backup, feature can be lost in Browser in case of boormarks restore from ROM w/o this feature)

What is changed/added:
    - Fully deodexed
    - Jogball is used for Missed calls/SMS/Mail notification instead of ear led
    - Right button in Rosie call contacts
    - All themes works fine (FCs is possible in myModes, just dont worry on that. Some system libs are changed so after theme is changed - all running app will FC ones, coz system resources are changed. Better to reboot to let system run smooth)
    - Removed T-Mobile tab from Gallery
    - Desire like LockScreen
    - Teeter game
    - JBed (j2me apps)
    - Added sounds and wallpapers from Hero ROM
    - Removed "Recent apps" in status window

Super features: (not seen by me in any other Slide ROMs or even in any ROMs)
    - Landscape mode support: Rosie, Music, Weather, WorldClock, Calendar, FriendStream, Twitter, Contacts, Settings, USB Connection Type
    - Contacts widget with landscape mode support
    - Internet sharing for GPRS/3G (100% like in Hero ROM)
    - HtcDialer looks like in HeroROM (keyboard size is reduced a little to let see 4 last calls)
    - For incall state added BT enable/disable button (to switch between BT headset and phone)

Other features: (Sorry, guys this is mostly russian rom)
    - Locale settings (first day of week, C in weather, etc.) adopted for Russia
    - Superuser 2.1
    - All apps are zipaligned and png-optimizied
    - Dalvik-cache -> cache
    - Big APNs list
    - Big hosts file (block ads)
    - busybox, bash, flash_image

Applications in data:(latest for time of 1.3 release)
    - Quickoffice
    - PDFViewer
    - Facebook
    - Titanium Backup
    - MarketAccess
    - GMaps
    - VoiceSearch
    - GStreetView

ROM download:

Kernels:
    Kernels are based on stock HTC Hero 2.1 sources with minimal changes (overclock, few improvements, big thanks to stari4ek)
    • Original kernel (overclockable up to 768) - mediafire
    Non overclockable (supports OpenVPN & DroidWall):

Themes/Addons:
    3rd post

- stari4ek.by - excellent rom, and help in rom dev and porting
    - dev1L_sm1Le, kenny5743, Splin-pda, HePRO101 - help in design
    Also:
    - brut.all - apktool
    - JesusFreke - smali/backsmali
    - Joлl Bourquard - Titanium Backup
    - Koushik Dutta - ROM Manager & Clockwork recovery
    - Ganii - some Addons & Themes
    - forums XDA and 4PDA - impossible amount of usefull information
    all others who i forgot (my really sorry)
    Version 2.6:
    - 270 degree screen rotate (see Settings @Tegro)
    - Circle with unread count of SMS, Mail replaced with one from stock Sense
    - Themable panel in status window
    - Ability move panel to bottom of status window
    - Fixed lag with weather animation after screen unlock
    - When nonHTC lockscreen used and alarm happens screen rotation is disabled
    - Home button behavior now possible to change back to stock (Settings @Tegro)
    - New settings in Settings @Tegro – “Autoshot after manual focus” in camera
    - Added tab “Events and Updates” in Contacts app
    - Fixed dark font on dark background in popup menu in browser
    - Ability to turn on/off usage of Menu button to unlock the screen (Settings @Tegro)
    - Bootanumation now can be copied to /data/local – please ensure /system/etc/customer is link to /data/local
    - Now its possible to update w/o full wipe from any 2.x when using app2sd
    - PowerControl widget now support sized 1х1, 1х2, 1х3, 1х4, 2х1, 3х1, 4х1
    - Added powercontrol panel in status window, configurable through Settings @Tegro

Application Settings @Tegro is splitted into 2 versions : free (included in ROM) and Pro (available in market). Paid version has own extra settings:
    - 5 types of lockscreen: HTC, Stock, Stock transparent, Rotatry, Rotary transparent
    - Configurable powercontrol in statuswindow
    - Choose position of panel in status window
    - 270 degree screen rotation

Kernels 8/01/2011:
    - Rebuild using compiler from Gingerbead, systems becomes a little bit faster & smoother
    - rVoix support

Update 2.4.1:
    - Fix version number

Version 2.4:
    - Stock android lockscreen (made it works with HTC Clock)
    - Statusbar now is themable (theme requires to have statusbar_background file, please check themes "Nature (hawst)" и "Enchanted (hawst)" )
    - FlipClock widget now added to ROM together with Stock Clock widget (see for "Clock widget (flip)" )
    - Auto-brightness fixed (now i took sources from stock Hero ROM)
    - Amount of recent apps in window by Home button long press is increased to 9
    - MS Exchange contacts doubling fixed
    - Added missing in 2.3 "People search" shortcut
    - PowerControl widget small improvements
    - Rosie (Sense) buttonbar' buttons are now themable (see themes Seven & Stalker - them now dont have icon on middle button)
    - Incall screen is themed (bg & topbar)
    - Added application "Tegro Settings" - why to have addons, if we can configure it ? :)
    • LockScreen choose (now it is 2 : HTC & Android), later will add Rotary
    • On/Off Recent apps in status window
    • On/Off sensor screen rotate in Rosie(Sense)
    • Rosie(Sense) Home button behavior (there is no choice for now, only Tegro behavior yet)

Version 2.3:
    - All changes from 2.1.x updates
    - All apps changed for landscape mode now uses system orientation setting (Rosie, Music, Weather, WorldClock, Calendar, FriendStream, Twitter, Contacts, Settings, USB Connection Type). Because full disable of landscape mode can be not usefull - addon to disable landscape mode support only in Rosie (Sense) still in Addon(3rd post)
    - Added shortcut "Search people", somehow missed in Slide' ROMs
    - NaviPanel landscape mode support improvements
    - Gallery (HtcAlbum) app localization imporvements (PL and other locales)
    - "Power Control" widget from CM6.x (android 2.2)
    - New locales: en_PT,en_FI,pt_PT,nb_FI,da_FI,sv_FI - requires reinstall with full wipe
    - Footprints app & Footprints widgets are ported from Stock WWE ROM (someone asked on this long time ago...) - it may require to clear data for HTC Sense
    - APN fix for Ukraine' Beeline (was internet.bEEEline.ua) - requires reinstall with full wipe
    - Fixed "(No service)" in status window
    - Fixed levels of screen auto-brightness and buttons backlight (all settings are taken from Stock WWE ROM)
    - Removed mascot (android) from status window (don't blame me and ask to revert it back, me be i will create addon some time later)
    - Updated files for battery & icons themes

Update 2.1.3 (Update only):
    - HtcNaviPanel - for those who use Hero while driving a car

Update 2.1.2 (Update only):
    - Contacts widget with landscape mode support - it may require to clear data for HTC Sense

Version 2.1.1:
    - All apps are repacked/recompiled - should work more smooth
    - FlipClock widget moved to Addon
    - Addon to disable autorotate in Launcher
    - Big FriendStream widget increased in size to not waste space around
    - Added more themes
    read more there

Version 2.1:
    - Touch input support all langs from WWE ROMs (wipe is required to see all langs, before to install this update)
    - All 7 themes are back
    - Fixed landscape mode support for Facebook

Version 2.0:
    - Landscape mode support: Rosie, Music, Weather, WorldClock, Calendar, FriendStream, Twitter, Contacts, Settings, USB Connection Type
    - HtcRingtoneTrimmer port + added support to set notifications using it
    - FlipClock (weather animations works only in portrait mode)
    - Gmail notification trackball support, notify for 2nd and later emails after 1st email notification (found around this forum on XDA)
    - Using both (trackball & ear led) for notifications
    - Alarms shortcut for WorldClock (because Clocks dont able to remember state)
    - Changed icons (contact details & plus) in Dialer
    - Vertical alignment for titles in status window
    - Added russian letters to keyboard on Incall screen
    - FriendStream facebook updates fix
    - Replaced some purple icons & images from Legend ROM
    - Camera MPEG4 Video recording fix (please switch res to smaller size then back to max, screen should become a bit shorter. Required to do only ones.)
    - removed "Shop" item in set background
    - removed Link to T-Mobile site in Theme manager
    - Right button in Sense calls Camera

Version 1.3:
    - Removed MPEG4@640x480 resolution in Camera (Hero is not able to record video in such resolution)
    - Fixed manual focus in camera
    - New funcs for Home button in Rosie: back to the same screen when press Home button in any app; Show screens preview from any screen (not only from default)
    - HTCSetupWizard is ported from HTC Hero ROM to replace Slide' one

Version 1.2:
    - "Reboot" menu like in AOSP ROMs
    Addons:
    - app2sd, mirror
    - app2sd + dalvik2sd, mirror, can be installed on top of app2sd
    - Themes with "Bubbles" (All themes will be with bubbles)
    - Fitness pack (removes apps: PDFViewer, MarketAccess, Stock, News + RSS, Selftest, FOTA-client. Better to flash this pack just after flash of rom before 1st boot, else u can face FCs, for example in Settings - Accounts)
    - Jit On / Jit Off (Thanks to Ganii). Don't flash it before 1st boot!!! I don't support Jit in any case on this rom. Don't ask me why it's not work or u got FCs here and there!
    - Additional HTC widgets for Tegro 2.x
    - Gallery3D fully working
    - Fix lag in weather animation when scrolling the screen

- Bootanimation Thunderbolt

Themes:

Only "Blue battery indicator 3 + color icons 3" currently compatible with 2.6

- Circle battery indicator + color icons - multiupload, mediafire
    - Circle battery indicator + color icons + battery saving (less steps in battery change) - multiupload, mediafire
    attachment.php

- Blue battery indicator + color icons - multiupload, mediafire
    attachment.php

- Circle battery indicator + color icons 2 - multiupload, mediafire
    - Circle battery indicator + color icons 2 + battery saving (less steps in battery change) - multiupload, mediafire
    attachment.php

- Blue battery indicator + color icons 2 - multiupload, mediafire

- Blue battery indicator 3 + color icons 3 - battery saving (less steps in battery change)
    attachment.php

- Color battery indicator only (no colored icons) (Thanks to Ganii) - Not compatible with 2.4 yet!!!

- More themes (All standard themes with new buttons in Launcher + 2 new themes: Seven, Stalker (Thanks to HEPRO101 from 4PDA! - themes are not final, included mostly for testing) - one, two
    - Additional themes from thatguythatdid - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=695439 , and version w/o bubbles - http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10620104&postcount=571
    did u fix RTL in the new update RC2 ??

and for any one wants Arabic Fonts just flash this

http://www.mediafire.com/?pmqnn0wxob53255