By deeper-blue, Member on 1st February 2011, 09:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2011, 05:39 AM |#791  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by donniezazen

so it will always run on SD card.

At some point, it will be flashable I'll bet.
5th February 2011, 05:48 AM |#792  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Get the .2 r23 version of Win32DiskImager that works.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dambrosioj

Ya I cant get it working with Win32DiskImager either? Just says done right away

Anyone else?

Get the .2 r23 version of win32DiskImager that will work.
5th February 2011, 09:01 AM |#793  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Booting from the SD card (it hasn't yet..)
I downloaded the Honecomb image and used the win32diskimage to burn the image file to a new 8gb sd card. That part went perfectly, so I thought I was good to go.

However, when my Nook boots up it doesn't boot from the card, only goes to the normal boot process to the standard 1.10 version, etc. A pop-up appears that says the SD card is not recognized and needs to be formatted, but maybe that's to be expected.
So, is there something that needs to be done before sticking the SD card into the nook? Do I need to have rooted it some way first...or something else..maybe a step I missed to tell it to boot from the card?

I read through at least half the posts and am under the impression that it should boot from the card, and that if I removed the card and rebooted it would go back to the original 1.10. If I'm mistaken and someone can give me the right steps, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
JTT
5th February 2011, 09:22 AM |#794  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 6,474

Donate to Me
More
A Children's Book
So Many Zeroes!

Blue had his V2, all shiny and GNU, and wanted to send it, but stopped to review.
"What would this ware weigh, if zipped up today? Should it not be much larger than the SDK?"
And yet it was bigger (nearly one-half a gigger!), but Blue still released it with vim and with vigor.
"A drive is a drive, at any old size! But a drive is alive when its zero'ed to thrive!"
So Blue packered his tracks with a /dev/zero-whacker. And then that blue cracker, he launched his bittracker...
And he ripped, and he zipped (but he didn't encrypt), until it was scripted, and that's when he shipped it!
It was plain to see-- that his brand-new V3-- was shiny and tiny and better. Whoopie!
In fact the whole thing was down to 180. A number of megs that was far, far less weighty.
And now when the Rommers all rom their romses, and now when the Singers all sing their songses,
their image of Blue will be bigger and taller,
and installers they image will be *many* megs smaller.
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to fattire For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fattire Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 09:47 AM |#795  
Flag Seattle
Thanks Meter: 241

More
dd'ing as we speak, will update when I get this baby up and running. Amazing work blue.

edit: Does this self compiled kernel mean that the 1100mhz oc kernel by dalingrin won't be compatible?

edit: All of the features that were bothering me are now fixed, the only problem now is, when installing root, I get all the way down to setting the permissions on su, then after I try and run a chmod 06755 /system/bin/su command I get a "chmod failed too many symbolic links" error. Im almost positive this isnt user error as I have installed root on v02 and v02a multiple times without fail and attempted twice and v03, both times to no avail. Any ideas for a workaround?

edit: If on v3, use Seeddemons method of installing root on page 3 of the installing root on Honeycomb thread, that method works.
5th February 2011, 09:54 AM |#796  
Chicago
Thanks Meter: 107

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

So Many Zeroes!

Blue had his V2, all shiny and GNU, and wanted to send it, but stopped to review.
"What would this ware weigh, if zipped up today? Should it not be much larger than the SDK?"
And yet it was bigger (nearly one-half a gigger!), but Blue still released it with vim and with vigor.
"A drive is a drive, at any old size! But a drive is alive when its zero'ed to thrive!"
So Blue packered his tracks with a /dev/zero-whacker. And then that blue cracker, he launched his bittracker...
And he ripped, and he zipped (but he didn't encrypt), until it was scripted, and that's when he shipped it!
It was plain to see-- that his brand-new V3-- was shiny and tiny and better. Whoopie!
In fact the whole thing was down to 180. A number of megs that was far, far less weighty.
And now when the Rommers all rom their romses, and now when the Singers all sing their songses,

Awesome. And I thought developing for the Nook was your biggest talent.
5th February 2011, 10:49 AM |#798  
Flag Mascotte
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fattire

So Many Zeroes!

That was beautiful

Sent from my Vanilla Tazz using XDA App
5th February 2011, 11:42 AM |#799  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Thanks Deeper-Blue! I love that you've got HC working so well on the NC.

A couple points I've seen after flashing v03.

Screen responsiveness seems a bit off. I've recalibrated it, but it doesn't seem to be sticking. It takes a bit to get the system to recognized I pressed a key.

Wifi network connection dialogue is transparent, so network passwords are hit and miss, depending on how my thumbs are spelling atm, took a couple tries, but I got it.

Installed market and gapps from the other thread, and they appear to be running fine. Download and installed successfully.

Quadrant scored 1121 on the first run. 886 on the second. I'm going to clear the dalvik cache and see if it gets better.
5th February 2011, 12:31 PM |#800  
Thanks Meter: 30

More
Mirror Link to Honey Comb v03

Thanks DB!
5th February 2011, 12:47 PM |#801  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Another torrent for v03
I can't connect to the tracker in deeper-blue's torrent, so I created another. Please seed if you can, as the current swarm speed is pathetic
Attached Files
File Type: txt nookhoney03.torrent.txt - [Click for QR Code] (14.0 KB, 51 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to Vid. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Vid. Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)