Post Reply Email Thread
5th February 2011, 10:59 AM |#121  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,072

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by masbego

Roto,request pls,can u pls take out the modem one,i would like to flash my australian tab with your firmware

I alway leave out the modem from the firmware. However, if you're repartitioning, sometimes the modem gets messed up, so you need to flash that separately after you get the Roto-JMI flashed and working well. Just take note of your current baseband version in Settings/About so if and when you need to flash that version back that you can find that file.

A RotoBackup with backup your current modem and I always recommend performing that before flashing a new firmware.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to rotohammer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rotohammer Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 11:06 AM |#122  
OP Senior Member
Flag New Jersey
Thanks Meter: 1,072

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by humberos

Can you make a fw for P1000L tab version?
How can I help for build it?

The problem as far as I understand is that the P1000L has some different hardware in it, so the kernel and bootloaders are built specifically for that model. Which means we would at least have to wait for Samsung to release a new firmware for your models, then that could be modified to be more flash friendly,

I would have hoped a savy P1000L owner would have jumped in to make tweaked firmwares by now
The Following User Says Thank You to rotohammer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift rotohammer Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 01:10 PM |#123  
Flag Sibenik
Thanks Meter: 2

More
thx man, great roms. you are my new best friend

btw, there is dictionary still installed with same problem as v1.
5th February 2011, 03:27 PM |#124  
Thanks Meter: 131

More
I just noticed something. When i turn on USB debug mode and connect my tab to windows machine, it doesn't show the USB notification where I can choose to mount tab to windows machine. Does anyone else see that issue? Also adb doesn't work. Tab thinks it is on USB, though.

let me flash v2 now...

UPDATE: All is well now after flashing v2.
5th February 2011, 05:00 PM |#125  
Flag Chicago Area
Thanks Meter: 485

More
Just use Titanium Backup to remove the English Dictionary. I did it and have been error free since yesterday.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab running Roto-JMI v1.
The Following User Says Thank You to Phone_Junkie For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Phone_Junkie Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 05:25 PM |#126  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Thumbs up Roto JMI v.2
OK. I flashed JMIv2, restored all apps from TB, and tested how everything is working. The conclusion is that everything is working fine and no crashes. This firmware is faster and snappier than JME was. Browser works quite fast too.
Undoubtedly this is a very good firmware. Roto, you did a very good job putting it altogether for us. Thanks.
5th February 2011, 05:29 PM |#127  
Flag London, UK
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Flashed successfully, but phone is deactivated.
Hallo, I flashed this ROM successfully (with pit and PDA). Unfortunately the phone function is deactivated and there is no way to activate it. I would be grateful for every tip?

Here are the output of *#1234#:
PDA: empty
PHONE: Unknown
CSC: empty

The Baseband version in About device: Unknown.

Even after I reverted back to MoDaCo ROM the problem remains.
5th February 2011, 05:39 PM |#128  
Flag Las Palmas
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaia

Hallo, I flashed this ROM successfully (with pit and PDA). Unfortunately the phone function is deactivated and there is no way to activate it. I would be grateful for every tip?

flash a new modem. you can find one here, for instance http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935852
after reboot it should have phone function again.
pda and csc empty doesn´t really matter...
The Following User Says Thank You to abuser0815 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift abuser0815 Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 05:43 PM |#129  
Thanks Meter: 91

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by slaia

Same happened to me. I had to flash the baseband to get the phone function back. The latest baseband you can find in the link from multiupload. Use Odin and load it in 'phone'. As output you will get: Phone: P1000 xxjmf.

Link:

http://www.multiupload.com/V937VVSVWV
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Heppieboeddah For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Heppieboeddah Ad-Free
5th February 2011, 07:12 PM |#130  
Calgary
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by abuser0815

flash a new modem. you can find one here, for instance http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=935852
after reboot it should have phone function again.
pda and csc empty doesn´t really matter...

Is there a way to get pda and csc back though?

Thanks.
5th February 2011, 07:49 PM |#131  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I flashed the middle eastern firmware any it support Arabic. which is a really big deal for people who read arabic. Would it be possible to pull the arabic fints, lib, and local and add it to this rom?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)