A while back there was a thread about supposedly calibrating X10's battery by charging it to 100%, turning it off, taking the battery out and inserting the charger chord, and then putting the battery back. This made the battery percentage drop down to 88% and when repeating this procedure a couple of times it would rise back to 100%, thus supposedly calibrating the battery. This worked to some and to others not. Now that we have xRecovery, I thought I'd try this in conjuction with the battery stats wipe option and whaddayaknow, I've got better battery life now. Now I can go through a whole day with heavy usage and still have some battery left for the phone to survive through night with data and syncing on. So I thought I'd share this with you guys to try out and report too.
ROOT IS REQUIRED!
1. Download and install xRecovery from here.
2. Charge your phone to 100%
3. Turn off the phone and boot into recovery
4. In recovery, go to Advanced options --> Wipe Battery Stats --> Yes
5. Take the battery off
6. Insert the charger chord
7. Put the battery back and wait for the phone to boot
8. Once the phone boots up, you will notice that the battery percentage is around 88% instead of 100%
9. Charge the phone back to 100%
10. Repeat 4-5 times, seems to be the sweet spot
11. Enjoy your hopefully better battery life and report!
REMEMBER THAT I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR PHONE BLOWS UP ETC. AFTER THIS!