[Theme][EB01][DL30] Purple-Myst v1 (suitable for the ladies)

Search This thread

kenesis

Jan 2, 2011
I made this theme with the ladies in mind but, it's certainly also for men if they'd like. its a purpley pinkish theme based on my myst series of themes. If you guys/gals have any suggestions/comments let me know. I had to personally color a huge amount of images I also themed some widget/apps the same color. It came out nice so please feel free to donate :p

Huge credit to nitsuj17 as the green revolution images and his themed apps were the base of in which i purple mystified.
Included superdark transitions/animations thanks to thatdudebutch.
also credit to sbrissen for the accurate battery and reboot options.
and credit to dtachd for the text removed from the dropdown icons
other credit to Manup456 retrokid223 for the statusbar icons
thanks gimp for helping color the images fairly quick
and thanks theme kitchen for the battery.

small update: fixed a bug where the secondary purple menu text stayed blue

[EB01] untested, unverified: >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/eb01-purp-myst%20v1.zip

[DL30]download here and install via CWM: >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/purp-myst v1.zip

if you want one with all purple text changed to white click this >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/purp-myst v1 -white txt.zip

also check out my other themes while your at it:
Bloody-Myst
Transparent-Myst
Clean Green Myst
420-Myst

snap20110207_204231.png

snap20110207_204515.png

snap20110207_204245.png

snap20110207_204438.png

snap20110207_204430.png

disclaimer: Not responsible for bricked/broken phones. Flash at your own risk.

Last edited:

mbh87

Jun 16, 2010
Idaho
Would it be possible to get a version without any purple text? Im not sure how much more work that would be.

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
Also a good idea to.credit where the base images and apps came from. :)

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
i think you've also gotten the wrong impression about what i said. i never said "credit me for everything" or anything like that. i just wanted to make the point that if you use someones theme as a base (which we have all done at some point) just remember to credit who they credit for various mods or the source work

its a learning process and ive forgotten to do so myself at various points in time. its not the end of the world, but something in the android world that is important nonetheless.

you've clearly put a lot of time and effort into this theme and it shows...and its not something to give up theming over by any means at all

its clearly not neccessary to thank gimp :)

kenesis

Jan 2, 2011
i think you've also gotten the wrong impression about what i said. i never said "credit me for everything" or anything like that. i just wanted to make the point that if you use someones theme as a base (which we have all done at some point) just remember to credit who they credit for various mods or the source work

its a learning process and ive forgotten to do so myself at various points in time. its not the end of the world, but something in the android world that is important nonetheless.

you've clearly put a lot of time and effort into this theme and it shows...and its not something to give up theming over by any means at all

Thanks. As you know I am new to this, and I apologize. I do realize now that giving credit is very important in the android world. I just wasn't thinking about it at the time of this post. Of course id like to thank everyone and everything but I wasn't thinking it was neccessary.
Anyway, I did my best fixing it. And I wanted to inform you that's its not a big deal and this deffinitely isn't the reason I'm retiring from theming. I just need a break. Dealing with a lot of stress and pain atm for a variety of reasons. And it tends to make things worse than they actually are. Ill be back in the future. Especially if we get cm7. Again, your work is amazing and ill be sure to give proper credit for the future. I didn't mean to cause a commotion here.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using XDA App

Reactions: nitsuj17

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Thanks. As you know I am new to this, and I apologize. I do realize now that giving credit is very important in the android world. I just wasn't thinking about it at the time of this post. Of course id like to thank everyone and everything but I wasn't thinking it was neccessary.
Anyway, I did my best fixing it. And I wanted to inform you that's its not a big deal and this deffinitely isn't the reason I'm retiring from theming. I just need a break. Dealing with a lot of stress and pain atm for a variety of reasons. And it tends to make things worse than they actually are. Ill be back in the future. Especially if we get cm7. Again, your work is amazing and ill be sure to give proper credit for the future. I didn't mean to cause a commotion here.

well for whatever your working through personally or otherwise, best wishes :)

cckeeler

May 15, 2010
My wife decided she wanted to upgrade to froyo for this theme alone. I'll be loading it up tonight. Where do I get the wallpaper you have in the screen shots?

akaine2001

Mar 3, 2010
Raleigh, NC
welp i guess my ladies gettin her some FROYOZ today lol ... damnit... i might have to try to put that off til later tonight... should i use dl09 or dj05 radio? i've been good with dj05 radio and nitsu u said dont get dl09 its not better so i listened and i've still got dj05 so should i skip that and put her phone on dl09 radio for the froyo upgrade?

i'm gonna go show her this right now lol

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
welp i guess my ladies gettin her some FROYOZ today lol ... damnit... i might have to try to put that off til later tonight... should i use dl09 or dj05 radio? i've been good with dj05 radio and nitsu u said dont get dl09 its not better so i listened and i've still got dj05 so should i skip that and put her phone on dl09 radio for the froyo upgrade?

i'm gonna go show her this right now lol

both the dj05 and dl09 radios are fine...most seem to prefer dl09 radio with froyo though

kenesis

Jan 2, 2011
well for whatever your working through personally or otherwise, best wishes :)

thanks nitsuj17 i appreciate it :)

My wife decided she wanted to upgrade to froyo for this theme alone. I'll be loading it up tonight. Where do I get the wallpaper you have in the screen shots?

i found the wallpaper on google. i just googled purple wallpaper. but to make it easier,
AbstractWallpaperPurple.png

karib4

Aug 4, 2010
Thank you so much for this theme!! I've been waiting for purple. Much appreciated! Works great so far, absolutely no issues :)

karib4

Aug 4, 2010
Just yesterday I found your beautiful purple theme, installed it, love it and now Eb01 is out.... I guess since your taking a break from themeing I'm gonna be out of luck for an update on this one??? A girl can dream right??? Btw, I did donate yesterday :D

Reactions: kenesis

kenesis

Jan 2, 2011
Just yesterday I found your beautiful purple theme, installed it, love it and now Eb01 is out.... I guess since your taking a break from themeing I'm gonna be out of luck for an update on this one??? A girl can dream right??? Btw, I did donate yesterday :D

thank you very much. i still plan to update my themes. that means of course you can have an eb01 version :D i would have had it out earlier but i just found out about it right now haha.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/eb01-purp-myst%20v1.zip

note: i havent tested it on my phone yet so backup, and let me know if it works. It should.

karib4

Aug 4, 2010

karib4

Aug 4, 2010
Hi! So there's just one minor thing I found that's not quite right with this theme. Hitting the menu button brings up the options for menu, wallpapers,edit,add,etc. The text on those options is cut off at the top. Otherwise its great, here is so much purple in it! So nice to have something suitable for the women :)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I made this theme with the ladies in mind but, it's certainly also for men if they'd like. its a purpley pinkish theme based on my myst series of themes. If you guys/gals have any suggestions/comments let me know. I had to personally color a huge amount of images I also themed some widget/apps the same color. It came out nice so please feel free to donate :p

Huge credit to nitsuj17 as the green revolution images and his themed apps were the base of in which i purple mystified.
    Included superdark transitions/animations thanks to thatdudebutch.
    also credit to sbrissen for the accurate battery and reboot options.
    and credit to dtachd for the text removed from the dropdown icons
    other credit to Manup456 retrokid223 for the statusbar icons
    thanks gimp for helping color the images fairly quick
    and thanks theme kitchen for the battery.

small update: fixed a bug where the secondary purple menu text stayed blue

[EB01] untested, unverified: >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/eb01-purp-myst%20v1.zip

[DL30]download here and install via CWM: >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/purp-myst v1.zip

if you want one with all purple text changed to white click this >> http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/purp-myst v1 -white txt.zip

also check out my other themes while your at it:
    Bloody-Myst
    Transparent-Myst
    Clean Green Myst
    420-Myst

snap20110207_204231.png

snap20110207_204515.png

snap20110207_204245.png

snap20110207_204438.png

snap20110207_204430.png

disclaimer: Not responsible for bricked/broken phones. Flash at your own risk.
    Would it be possible to get a version without any purple text? Im not sure how much more work that would be.

ya no problem. i wasnt sure exactly which text so i changed it all, the notification text, ticker text, and secondary txt to white.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/17348185/purp-myst v1 -white txt.zip