I'm bringing you the FIRST ROM that is derived from the latest OTA (January 31st). At this time I haven't packaged together the 2.15 OTA into an unmodified version. It took a lot of time to get the OTA to cleanly apply to the previous OTA (2.13) due to the reinclusion of Swype (which was missing from 2.13).
NEW 4/1/2011: Please use my Overclock+Interactive governer kernel here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1016411. Not only does this allow overclocking, but it improves the redraw performance and other general user interface responsiveness that this latest OTA from T-Mobile seems to have an issue with. If you wish to overclock your device once you've flashed that zip, please make sure to download SetCPU from the Market, run it, and press Menu, and select 'Disable Perflock' and follow the instructions first, then overclock.
On that note, this ROM contains (none of which I added manually):
- Bug fixes and improvements in various packages
- What seems like a noticeable increase in speed
This ROM does NOT contain:
- Bloatware, which includes Amazon MP3, HTC MyTouchMusic, Genius-button related applications, and T-Mobile Visual Voicemail, AppPack, and Faves (including widget).
The following was MODIFIED:
- com.htc.resources.apk to remove the iPhone-like bubbles from the Nest (default) theme.
Changes in revision 2:
- Genius button now binds to search. Use LaunchKey to bind it to something else.
- Added Apps2SD.
- Removed NabService to preserve slightly more memory and to get rid of the T-Mobile synchronization service.
- Removed T-Mobile My Account to preserve more memory and to get rid of it off of your My Apps tab in the Market.
- Updated Maps, Vending to latest version and added Google Voice (if you don't want GVoice, then remove system/app/GVoice.apk from the .zip before flashing).
Please donate if you appreciate my work! The donate button is underneath my name.