some users requested a tutorial and a list of the junk apps for the new firmware.
So I post it for you
How to delete the junk apps:
Go into "system/app" with Root Explorer, in that folder are all the junk apps. Now press "Mount R/W". Now you can delete the junk apps one by one or multi-select them. To have a backup of the apps, we move them to the sd card. it's good to make a folder called "2.1.A.0.435 Junk Apps" on your sd card.
Now select the apps, press move and go to the sd card and to the folder "2.1.A.0.435 Junk Apps" now press paste. Done.
List of the junk apps:
- backupandrestore.apk (Titanium Backup is better)
- chinesetextinput.apk (chinese keyboard)
- creatouch-wvga.apk (creatouch app)
- facebook.apk (download the new version with chat from the market)
- FaceRecognition.apk (Face Recognition is still working after removing the app)
- JapaneseIME.apk (japanes keyboard)
- LatinIME.apk (android keyboard, I prefer the one from se)
- LearningClient.apk (learns your words, not needed)
- moxiermail.apk (Moxier)
- Music.apk (we can't use it, Visualization Live Wallpapers won't work anymore after removing this, thanks to Farhang for the info)
- neoreader.apk (Barcode Scanner is better)
- officesuite.apk (I don't needed, heard there better offices in the Market)
- OMAClientProvisioning.apk (-)
- PcCompanion.apk (wants to install Pc Compnaion when connecting to USB)
- playnowappinstaller.apk (belongs to Play Now)
- playnowback.apk (belongsPlay Now)
- playnowclient.apk (belongs to Play Now)
- qcsemcservice.apk (-)
- quadrapop.apk (Quadrapop, there are better games)
- SemcCheckin.apk (-)
- SemcHomeL.apk (Home Launcher, only deleted it, when you have another launcher installed!!)
- SEMCSetupWizard.apk (sets the phone after an update, you just need it once)
- SEMCTouchPalKoreanQWERTY.apk (korean keyboard)
- SetupWizard.apk (belongs to SEMCSetupWizard.apk)
- SnsContactImageCacheProvider.apk (-)
- Timescape, following apps belong to Timescape:
- touchnote.apk (the postcard app, who needs that )
- usersupport.apk (usersupport)
- uWlopProvider.apk (-)
- wisepilot.apk (I use google navigation)
Sync, these 3 files: (By removing these 3 files you get 10.3MB more free RAM)
Sim Tool Kit:
- AlarmClock.apk (Alarm, I'm using an alarm that can play my mp3 songs.)
- trackid.apk (TrackID, Soundhound is better)
I've deleted all these apps and now my X10 is faster and smoother.
Do this at your own risk. I'm not responsilbe for any damage at your X10!
When it helped you, please press "Thanks"