[Q] JH7 Odin?

Search This thread

drakizard

Dec 20, 2010
Ok, so I have Froyo on my Captivate from a looong time ago, but now I want to put in Andromeda 2.0. I followed the directions but then it says i have to get back to stock firmware. I got my Captivate on October 25, so it had the JH7, so now I need to get back to that firmware. Anything before that would brick my phone, so I'm trying to find an Odin restore that will get me back to JH7. And yes, I have googled it up a lot. Could you tell me or post a link, where I might find it?

flashman2002

Aug 8, 2010
Derby/Wichita Kansas
Ok, so I have Froyo on my Captivate from a looong time ago, but now I want to put in Andromeda 2.0. I followed the directions but then it says i have to get back to stock firmware. I got my Captivate on October 25, so it had the JH7, so now I need to get back to that firmware. Anything before that would brick my phone, so I'm trying to find an Odin restore that will get me back to JH7. And yes, I have googled it up a lot. Could you tell me or post a link, where I might find it?

1) Wrong section ;)

2) You really do not need to go back to stock, that is just a disclaimer used. If you understand you have the possibility of bricking your phone than just flash the ROM. I will help you search but if you search the Dev forum rather than google you will find the thread for JH7 Odin. The only time you really need to go back to stock is with a bad flash, which sometimes can be fixed by flashing the ROM a second time.

drakizard

Dec 20, 2010
Ok thanks, sorry for the wrong thread :p I'm just about to do the Andromeda 2.0 now.

Also, so it doesn't matter that I have the leaked 2.2 firmware, I can still download it with that rather than the 2.1?

Savok

Jul 15, 2008
Jacksonville, FL
I got a replacement 1010 with jh7 installed and had no issues using the odin ji6 one click restore on it.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

crystalhand

Aug 22, 2010
Write lets get since information in here...

No technically you do not need to go back to stock but it is always a good idea. No matter what phone model or what stock it came with going back to jh6 is the best bet. It is the tried and true method and better then jh7.so just use the normal common odin

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using XDA App

1tontomato

Nov 1, 2010
O.C. California
You could just flash over but the thing you would have to get past is 3e recovery there is a fix for that. I think there was a time when all new roms in xda were based on official 2.2 software back in october and november of last year and it had 3e, and the easiest way to get past it was to flash stock first. also there are two versions of odin you should try to get familiar with and a recently updated wiki sorta thread should be useful for up to date info. Hope this helps.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA App