[KERNEL][GPL][ACS]Xtreme Kernel v1.2.0-Lucy-1.3GHz OC,Battery,Tweaked Voodoo(options)

Search This thread

SINNN

Jun 15, 2007
You are doing something wrong because everyone besides you loves this kernel. Frame cap is raised to 78fps at 1.3ghz, whether your phone displays that high or not. Not everyone's phone likes custom kernels, so results will vary with different CPUs. Almost nobody uses this because it is for Eclair, and we have all pretty much moved on to Froyo. When I used to run it (v1.0 at 1.6ghz or v1.1 at 1.3ghz), I would easily get 60 or 61fps on Neocore, and it would be maxing out completely on An3dBench. Linpack was around 17 or 18mflops with the custom JIT mod that noobnl made. Not sure why you would think that Devin would falsify claims about this kernel when I and every other member of ACS (as well as tons of XDA users) have tested and confirmed this to be working.

Sent from Carl Sagan through the Cosmos

Didnt the xtreme dev say the 80 fps was incorrect due to timming? He said it a few times.

justpastfinish

Dec 5, 2008
I hope this thread isn't dead yet...I installed the 11.2nv kernel and now I'm getting 99.3% not sleeing in spareparts....anyone have any input??

Sent from my Bonsai Epic

justpastfinish

Dec 5, 2008
Isn't this only for DI18? That'd be why if you're on Bonsai ;)

No sorry I haven't changed my sig... I am on Baked 1.6, I switched back to 2.1 for battery life. I wanted to try this kernel but anytime I go to spare parts with this kernel running, Voodoo and no voodoo, it keeps my wake time at around 99%. When I swap back to the step2 kernel for baked or the phoenix kernel, its fine, but I really wanted to try this one.

Is there a reason why this is happening>??

k0nane

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 7, 2008
www.k0nane.info
No sorry I haven't changed my sig... I am on Baked 1.6, I switched back to 2.1 for battery life. I wanted to try this kernel but anytime I go to spare parts with this kernel running, Voodoo and no voodoo, it keeps my wake time at around 99%. When I swap back to the step2 kernel for baked or the phoenix kernel, its fine, but I really wanted to try this one.

Is there a reason why this is happening>??

We have not seen this issue in testing. If I had to point to a cause, the most likely would be an oddity in Baked Snack causing the issue. On all other DI18-based ROMs, there is no issue. Give it a try with SyndicateROM and see if your problem still occurs.

justpastfinish

Dec 5, 2008
We have not seen this issue in testing. If I had to point to a cause, the most likely would be an oddity in Baked Snack causing the issue. On all other DI18-based ROMs, there is no issue. Give it a try with SyndicateROM and see if your problem still occurs.

Ya I will have to give that a try. Can you comment on battery life? How is this wrong and kernel with battery life. I know its OC'd and such but I dont need it to be, I'd scale it back to 1ghz with setcpu just because I dont need 1.3ghz or whatever... but how is it with undervolting and such??

Rivas123

Jul 6, 2010
Perth Amboy
I flashed this, its been like a day. Battery drops a bit quick. Using set cpu to drop it to 1ghz cause I just never like it oc'ed. As for the battery drop, I would just have to re calibrate and then see a some difference right? Cause 10% drop in one hour just texting doesn't seem normal to me.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

redspeed

Jan 21, 2011
Im fairly new to this so I appoligize if Im asking a question thats been asked before- I searched the thread but Im still unsure -

Will this work with DK28? Im on Froyo 2.2 and using the bonsai rom with the ext4 file format

MysteryEmotionz

Sep 7, 2010
Massachussets
Im fairly new to this so I appoligize if Im asking a question thats been asked before- I searched the thread but Im still unsure -

Will this work with DK28? Im on Froyo 2.2 and using the bonsai rom with the ext4 file format

Well you didn't search hard enuff. We don't have froyo source so no custom kernels.

Android Creative Syndicate- From spontaneous ingenuity, comes creative brilliance

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer

Well you didn't search hard enuff. We don't have froyo source so no custom kernels.

Android Creative Syndicate- From spontaneous ingenuity, comes creative brilliance

Correct. And I had posted about three posts up that it doesn't work ;)

redspeed

Jan 21, 2011
Thanks for the info. I guess I will wait until the source comes out. Im eager to try this kernel for DK28 it sound great.

theimpaler747

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ANDROID CREATIVE SYNDICATE
    presents​
    XTREME KERNEL V1.2.0

First of all, I want to put my thank yous up here at the top, so, here they are:

-geniusdog254 - My primary teammate, been helping me every step of way.
    -nullghost - One really cool dude. Always on when I ask for help. Git would still be a scary thing if not for him.
    -rjmjr69 - Funny, funny dude. Keeps me motivated to keep going
    -The Voodoo Team - Your work is awesome!
    -My beta testers - You were/are all great. Thanks for helping me with this!
    -All the devs across the board - Seriously, you're all a bunch of absolutely awesome people.
    -Anyone I forgot - You're all great!

Now, here we go:

THE STANDARD DISCLAIMER

I, DevinXtreme, AM NOT responsible for what happens to your phone, your cat, your house, or anything relating to you! If your phone bricks, OH WELL. Have a nice day.

This kernel has a MixUp kernel base. DI18, blah blah. I deviated once Interactive got working. I also removed the Voodoo color modification. So, there's that.

It is built and designed for Syndicate ROM, which will be out later tonight. Sickest ROM you've ever seen. The version released with the ROM is slightly different, but only for fun's sake :D

Changelog:

v1.2.0
    -Removed the 1.6GHz step. The time machine is gone. Plus, was causing more problems than it was helping.
    -Added 1.3GHz step courtesy Hero_Over
    -Switched from MPLL to APLL. Smoothness and speed increase. Thanks to nullghost for help on this.
    -Added Voodoo color mod, tweaked version, courtesy Hero_Over. I will be maintaining a no-voodoo version. I just haven't yet.
    -Tweaked the light sensor, adding a new step and made it not jump to the brightest setting as much. Should save battery and transition smoother. Also pols a little more often.
    -Tweaked scaling rules for 1.3GHz. Should scale there less, thus saving battery.
    ADDITION: The file ending in 'nv.zip' is a no-voodoo version. The file ending in 'ov.zip' is the version for the original voodoo mod, not the tweaked one.

v1.0.1
    -Fixed scaling. Linpack scores and tests work fine now.
    -Disabled Carrier IQ in init.rc. Carrier IQ is essentially Sprint spyware. Kernel devs: This is really easy to do. Just comment out the iqmsd lines at the end.

v1.0
    -Overclock to 1.6GHz!! Requires SetCPU which is, for some reason, defaulting to performance. Make sure you change it to conservative.
    -Default governor without SetCPU is conservative with 200MHz-1GHz steps.
    -Removed Voodoo
    -Framerate unlocked (78-80fps)
    -Built for ROMs with a custom boot. Makes stock boot look like garbage. We're working (still) to fix this.
    -Undervolted

KNOWN BUGS:

-In spare parts, if you set the WiFi policy to never sleep, it still sleeps with the screen off. -skandranon314

-Some weird vibration thing going on when 1.6GHz is hit.

NOTES:

Linpack is being strange with this. I'm getting between 9.2 and 9.8 with some REALLY strange numbers. I'll have this fixed this weekend.

SetCPU sets the default governor to performance. If you use it, be sure to change it immediately for battery life.

FOR 1.2
    -I recommend 200MHz-1200MHz. Some phones can't reach 1.3GHz safely.
    -200MHz - 800/1000MHz is a great setting for battery and you should still have a very smooth experience.

For those who care, I get 1135+ in quadrant.

You can read my source here.

Thanks, guys. I hope you enjoy!
    Have never flashed a custom ROM till dat on my Epic though I'm on rooted DI18. Would like to definitely try the Shuriken SuperSlim (which I presume doesnt have the Xtreme Kernel bundled with it), so if was to go ahead, would I first have to flash this kernel and only then go ahead with flashing the SuperSlim from SD card?

Sorry for what probably is an extremely noob Q, but I couldnt find any procedures as to how a newbie should approach this :)

Alternatively if somebody could just point me to a flashing tut put up specifically for the Syndicate, I'd be more than happy :)

You could do it either way, flashing the kernel on the stock ROM works, and also flashing it onto SyndicateROM works. Its pretty much your choice. You can flash them together if you want, like before rebooting your phone after flashing the ROM and then flash the kernel.

Sent from my Xtremely Syndicated and Mysterious Epic 4G
    Your probaly the only one stupid enuff to try.

THERE IS NO CUSTOM KERNELS FOR FROYO

de de deee

So thats a no no?
    perhaps this thread should be archived or something??

Perhaps it should be read fully. While some people are on dk28 others are still using 2.1 and this kernel so archive is still pre mature.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk