UFO sighting app

Search This thread

hotweiss

Jun 17, 2009
Warsaw
I think this is a great idea:

http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread662169/pg1

I have an idea for a UFO Sightings App that I want to share with you all. I'm sharing it because I have zero intention of making it. I don't have the skill or the money to it. I am sharing this with you because I would like to see it get made. I want no compensation in any form for this idea.

So here is the idea: Want to see a UFO? Yeah? Here is an app for that...

When someone with this app sees a UFO he/she must quickly open the app and hit the "Report A UFO Sighting In Progess" button. This would open a scroll menu that gives the witness different options that would help describe what is being seen. ie, saucer, glowing orbs, unknown aircraft, chemtrail, planet x...Once selected another scroll menu would pop up asking estimated altitude ie, 0-1000ft.,1000-10,000ft, 10,000ft-40,000ft., space...One last scroll menu would pop up asking the UFOs direction of travel ie, north, south, east, west, static. Once this info has been given the app switches over to the phones built in camera or video. The app will place an overlay or HUD that gives information on the screen and is recorded as the witness films the event. The information displayed would include direction/heading, time/date, inclination, as well as a timecode stamp to each frame of footage. When the witness stops recording, a button type option will appear asking "Do you wish to stop recording this sighting?" If "yes" is clicked a copy of the sighting is immediatley sent to the "UFOster (or whatever you name the app) Website."
Clicking "No" would bring back the phones camera. One last menu option would be "UFO Sighting Advise." This gives tips on what to do, how to film, what to show, and other info to best capture the UFO.

Here is what makes this App really cool. As soon as the UFO witness answers the three questions, after selecting the report button, an alert goes out IMMEDIATELY to ANYONE who has the app on their phone. So if you have the app you'd recieve a message that would say "ATTENTION! Glowing orbs have been reported __ miles from your location (amount of miles from you based on the witnesses location detected by the phones GPS) and is heading __ (the direction reported by the witness) at an altitude of __ (based on which option the witness choose). This message would then ask if you would like to open "UFOster?"(or whatever you name the app)

When you open the app from the alert message prompt it takes you straight to the phones camera/video with a different overlay or HUD. This HUD has all the same info as a original witness would have but with the addition of a small red arrow that points you in the direction of the reported event. This makes it easy for the directionally challeged to know where to look. Once you start recording you become a new witness and your footage is sent to the website once you stop. This will help stop CGI trickery to help limit hoaxing.

Safegaurds against hoaxing should include limiting the distrobution of the app to people 17 years of age and older. A user rating system and "report hoax/bogus alert" option should be included in the app. Users who have been reported as hoaxers will not have their reports distributed.

Customization options should allow the user to decide the radius of sighting alerts. For example, someone may choose to only recieve alerts within a 30 mile radius. App users may also report a sighting that is no longer in progress in which alerts are not sent out to the app community. The option to be alerted of only specific types of UFOs should be available as well.

The purpose of this app is to gather more witness, more footage, and more camera angles of UFO events. This would greatly increase the chances of putting to rest the age old question, are we alone? Imagine, if a UFO sighting happened in Los Angeles, seen by a witness with this app and we had a few thousand people with it on their phones in the area. Imagine the footage you might get! Imagine the traffic to your website when everyone comes to see the collection from the event.

Thanks for reading. I hope someone out there makes this!

Best of luck,

Quantum D.

Would someone be interested in creating an app for UFO sightings?

ErOR22

Sep 22, 2010
New Zealand
That's a great idea, except you would need some server with lots of storage for all those videos and a good connection for it which won't be cheap.

I can't help you out now though, I'm taking a java course this semester so down the road perhaps.

perldude69

Oct 24, 2010
Sweet idea. I could have used it a couple of times. The video storrage can be your google account linked to youtube. Pictures can be shared via p2p. If someone starts this app, I will donate time and money.

nightken

Jan 17, 2011
Really great idea. I have to say you did a fantastic job. please share and update any progress. ;)