Post Reply Email Thread
15th February 2011, 06:40 AM |#31  
Flag Kirkland, WA
Thanks Meter: 113

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by skaskater1

i loaded this rom it ran great for about 2 hours with dumfuq's OC kernal then BAM reboot and on the fresh boot it FC's framework all htc programs and anything else that trys to boot

Odd, didn't happen to me or anyone else, did you install an app that could've broken something? Try doing a factory reset wipe/reflash and see if it still does it.
15th February 2011, 07:18 AM |#32  
Flag Netanya
Thanks Meter: 77

More
Thumbs up
Firstly, i love this ROM, it's extremely fast and i seriously don't see a reason to OC it!
I only have two issues, the first being the Out Of Space very quickly! even when using Apps2SD and Moving all Cache, i can't even install my iGO on it as there is no space

Secondaly, i don't mind the disabling of the Genius features, but how come there is no re-assign button to have it launch something else? cause accidentaly pressing it, keeps rebooting the session which is worse then having it launch Genius
15th February 2011, 07:54 AM |#33  
Flag Kirkland, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefy

Firstly, i love this ROM, it's extremely fast and i seriously don't see a reason to OC it!
I only have two issues, the first being the Out Of Space very quickly! even when using Apps2SD and Moving all Cache, i can't even install my iGO on it as there is no space

Secondaly, i don't mind the disabling of the Genius features, but how come there is no re-assign button to have it launch something else? cause accidentaly pressing it, keeps rebooting the session which is worse then having it launch Genius

Yeah, not sure why stock roms always have space issues. Try custom mtd partitions, lowering cache to 60 or 50 and system down to 200. That'll give you 60 or 70 more mb for data. Check the dev section for custom mtd partitions tutorial, it was posted by hebrewtoyou, should be on the first page still.
Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide
The Following User Says Thank You to MusicMan374 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MusicMan374 Ad-Free
15th February 2011, 08:02 AM |#34  
Flag Netanya

More
Talking
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan374

Yeah, not sure why stock roms always have space issues. Try custom mtd partitions, lowering cache to 60 or 50 and system down to 200. That'll give you 60 or 70 more mb for data. Check the dev section for custom mtd partitions tutorial, it was posted by hebrewtoyou, should be on the first page still.

Thanks MusicMan374!
I'll make a read on that, i also just read about Data2Ext which seems to move all the Data folder into the SD card. But as i have no Windows on my system (just Linux) then i can't use that whole ADB stuff.

Is it possible to do this Data2Ext on this ROM? or is it only for CyanogenMod? cause as good as CM probably is, i bought this phone for the HTC Sense (and Keyboard) which means i don't want a stock Android on it.
16th February 2011, 07:20 AM |#35  
Flag Kirkland, WA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks MusicMan374!
I'll make a read on that, i also just read about Data2Ext which seems to move all the Data folder into the SD card. But as i have no Windows on my system (just Linux) then i can't use that whole ADB stuff.

Is it possible to do this Data2Ext on this ROM? or is it only for CyanogenMod? cause as good as CM probably is, i bought this phone for the HTC Sense (and Keyboard) which means i don't want a stock Android on it.

Linux can do adb, you just have to download the correct android sdk version for it. It takes some fiddling to get it to work, it took me awhile to do it, I dualboot with ubuntu. I had to copy the executable files into my /bin folder and do something else that had to do with the device driver. Didn't take too long though.

Your phone can format the sd-ext partition for you, and yes, this ROM should have a2ext, but I'm not sure if NB included it. I know CR does in his ROMs at least. Anyway, first off, I don't recommend using data2ext or a2ext unless you have at least a class 6 SD card, otherwise it'll lag your phone. ROM Manager, from the market, can partition your sd card, but it will wipe your sd card so back up the contents on your computer before partitioning.

I'm not positive this ROM has apps2ext included, but flash acejoker's a2ext flashable zip and you should be good to go if you follow the instructions carefully.
16th February 2011, 08:20 AM |#36  
Flag Netanya

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MusicMan374

Linux can do adb, you just have to download the correct android sdk version for it. It takes some fiddling to get it to work, it took me awhile to do it, I dualboot with ubuntu. I had to copy the executable files into my /bin folder and do something else that had to do with the device driver. Didn't take too long though.

Your phone can format the sd-ext partition for you, and yes, this ROM should have a2ext, but I'm not sure if NB included it. I know CR does in his ROMs at least. Anyway, first off, I don't recommend using data2ext or a2ext unless you have at least a class 6 SD card, otherwise it'll lag your phone. ROM Manager, from the market, can partition your sd card, but it will wipe your sd card so back up the contents on your computer before partitioning.

I'm not positive this ROM has apps2ext included, but flash acejoker's a2ext flashable zip and you should be good to go if you follow the instructions carefully.

I've decided to switch to the 3rdSense rom instead, since this one has the session restart whenever clicking on the Genius button, the other one also has that Data2Ext already installed so i have a lot more space available now
17th February 2011, 01:29 PM |#37  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I've decided to switch to the 3rdSense rom instead, since this one has the session restart whenever clicking on the Genius button, the other one also has that Data2Ext already installed so i have a lot more space available now

Re: Apps2SD, yeah, good point.
Re: Genius button, maybe it also takes a genius to realize that you might just not want to press the Genius button?
17th February 2011, 01:37 PM |#38  
Flag Netanya

More
Wink
Quote:
Originally Posted by nbetcher

Re: Apps2SD, yeah, good point.
Re: Genius button, maybe it also takes a genius to realize that you might just not want to press the Genius button?

Or maybe a regular person who isn't a Genius, would like a button that is usable and not useless for no logical reason?
17th February 2011, 01:40 PM |#39  
Flag Louisville KY
Thanks Meter: 10

More
LOL... If only it were that easy... the past 3 mornings, upon waking up, I've reached over for my phone, and after checking the time have pressed the genious button. I was probably going for the back button. Having the genius button reboot is not a showstopper, but would be cool if we could some how repurpose it.

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App
17th February 2011, 03:10 PM |#40  
OP Senior Member
Flag Minneapolis
Thanks Meter: 115

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Or maybe a regular person who isn't a Genius, would like a button that is usable and not useless for no logical reason?

Oh, it's useless for a very good reason sir! I'm lazy. I'll be posting the full system image of the 2.15 OTA once I get my laptop back in the mail today, then other people can molest it all they want.
17th February 2011, 08:27 PM |#41  
Flag Kirkland, WA

Donate to Me
More
Indeed, voice dialer/voice search is much better.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)