Remove All Ads from XDA

DISCONTINUED - [ROM][19-feb-2011] FolioMod v1.4 for Toshiba Folio100

5,451 posts
Thanks Meter: 4,595

Post Reply Email Thread
16th February 2011, 05:09 PM |#3021  
Thanks Meter: 5

More
so guys, can you explain why folio hangs often? didnt have any sod but hangs happen quite often...

16th February 2011, 05:17 PM |#3022  
Flag Giebelstadt
Thanks Meter: 64

Donate to Me
More
@dexter the kernel is needed only for NTFS support (special characters are wrong otherwise) the mouse fix should work on the current kernel.

Can you (or someone else) confirm that the last kernel breaks 3g? I should be able to look into it at the weekend.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App
The Following User Says Thank You to weeds2000 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift weeds2000 Ad-Free
17th February 2011, 12:33 PM |#3023  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
FROM androidtablets.net

Honeycomb will not be available for existing Folio 100
Source: Toshiba Folio 100 tablet wont get Android 3.0 Honeycomb upgrade | IT PRO

Looks like Toshiba is abandoning Folio 100 users for a Honeycomb upgrade. Tegra 2 works with Honeycomb. We all know that. This is more of a case of Toshiba giving up on this product.

According to Graeme Simons, Toshiba's business manager for digital products and services, the Folio 100 can't be upgraded to Android 3.0 Honeycomb since it doesn't meet Google's hardware requirements for 3.0 certification. Specifically, it lacks both GPS and cameras that face both backwards and forwards.

Sounds like nonsense, like bad parents who are trying to hide a damaged child.
17th February 2011, 01:39 PM |#3024  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shpitz

FROM androidtablets.net

Honeycomb will not be available for existing Folio 100
Source: Toshiba Folio 100 tablet wont get Android 3.0 Honeycomb upgrade | IT PRO

Looks like Toshiba is abandoning Folio 100 users for a Honeycomb upgrade. Tegra 2 works with Honeycomb. We all know that. This is more of a case of Toshiba giving up on this product.

According to Graeme Simons, Toshiba's business manager for digital products and services, the Folio 100 can't be upgraded to Android 3.0 Honeycomb since it doesn't meet Google's hardware requirements for 3.0 certification. Specifically, it lacks both GPS and cameras that face both backwards and forwards.

Sounds like nonsense, like bad parents who are trying to hide a damaged child.

I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong, but it certainly sounds like the original reason that google apps weren't included on the Folio 100 in the first place.
17th February 2011, 04:26 PM |#3025  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfreston

I'm sure someone will correct me on this if I'm wrong, but it certainly sounds like the original reason that google apps weren't included on the Folio 100 in the first place.

exactly, and why vendors have to include 3G to get it all included. but it makes the tablet more expensive..

Folio200 comes with the new update, but it also means another investment. and i dont think we will see many updates as it has been pretty much a silent product from Toshiba, and hopefully not many heard about its failure, so their 200 series will suffer the bad sales based on reputation and lack of compatibility issues...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
17th February 2011, 05:31 PM |#3026  
Flag Birmingham
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

exactly, and why vendors have to include 3G to get it all included. but it makes the tablet more expensive..

Folio200 comes with the new update, but it also means another investment. and i dont think we will see many updates as it has been pretty much a silent product from Toshiba, and hopefully not many heard about its failure, so their 200 series will suffer the bad sales based on reputation and lack of compatibility issues...

I have to admit to feeling marginalised by Toshiba. here in the UK, I'm even still looking for a place to get the folio case for my Folio 100.

Thanks to yourself and others, I'm no longer bothered by what Tosh do/don't do software wise.

However, does it mean that yourself having done the necessary for froyo, you (and others of course) should similarly be able to do the same for Honeycombe once a base platform becomes available, or are we likely to have issues with drivers etc?
17th February 2011, 07:07 PM |#3027  
Thanks Meter: 13

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wulfreston

You are right, in fact I am wondering why a backward camera is needed on a tablet? Most smartphones already have a high res camera so why have another one? The only answer is you need it for google goggles and that is it, pretty much the same with gps needed by google maps as I still do not know many people using a tablet for car navigation :)

Sent trom foliomod 1.3d
17th February 2011, 08:06 PM |#3028  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Lightbulb v1.3d hdmi patch available
Small HDMI patch available..

the patch enables the option in Settings to change hdmi output resolution..
original implemented in the new optimus 2x..

Remember: native folioresolution is just 1024x600, so it will be scaled to fix resolution. The primary function for 1080P output is with movie playback.

Thanks to MrMeee for the hints of the function in optimus 2x..
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
17th February 2011, 09:53 PM |#3029  
Flag Gothenburg
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dexter_nlb

Small HDMI patch available..

the patch enables the option in Settings to change hdmi output resolution..
original implemented in the new optimus 2x..

Remember: native folioresolution is just 1024x600, so it will be scaled to fix resolution. The primary function for 1080P output is with movie playback.

Thanks to MrMeee for the hints of the function in optimus 2x..

Nice work.
Is it possible to extract the video player from the Optimus 2x?
From what I heard the video player on the Optimus 2x should have hardware acceleration for MKV using the Tegra GPU.
17th February 2011, 11:05 PM |#3030  
OP Senior Member
Flag Copenhagen

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mddsd

Nice work.
Is it possible to extract the video player from the Optimus 2x?
From what I heard the video player on the Optimus 2x should have hardware acceleration for MKV using the Tegra GPU.

not possible for now, i tried but too many dependencies on libs, which do not run so nicely on folio for now...

UPDATE:
i had to make a rollback of the hdmi settings apk, as the "wifi settings" suddenly was messed up, and problem is not located for now..
so install rollback to get it working again.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dexter_nlb For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dexter_nlb Ad-Free
18th February 2011, 03:38 AM |#3031  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Once the Honeycomb is realeased, we can only count on you Dexter! A lot of us is relying on your excellent job in reviving this stupid product from Toshiba!
Sometimes I just wonder why didn't they pay someone like you $$ to help them deliver a good product in the first place....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)