Post Reply Email Thread
17th February 2011, 03:16 PM |#281  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,706

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeEuzUKY

Always welcome

Amigo, you copied that directly from a website! Why did you take the credit for another's work? Shame!

http://Droid-den.com/phone-guides/phone-guide-install-custom-modaco-rom-and-kernel-on-samsung-galaxy-tab-guide
bd85
17th February 2011, 03:52 PM |#282  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtm55

I have exactly the same problem...

hmm. Can it be the file that we downloaded that it's the problem. But Its seems to work for everybody else. Why can't we get it to work.

You guys who get it to work. Did you add a file in the PIT field?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
17th February 2011, 04:37 PM |#283  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd85

hmm. Can it be the file that we downloaded that it's the problem. But Its seems to work for everybody else. Why can't we get it to work.

You guys who get it to work. Did you add a file in the PIT field?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk

Had de same problem, it was a corrupt p1000-mck-r3-ext4-cwm.tar file. For some reason, when I was downloading it with Internet Explorer, I was getting a much smaller file (under 1 mega). Then I redownloaded with Chrome, and I realised it was 6.5 megas, flash with Odin again, and everything went smooth.
bd85
17th February 2011, 04:46 PM |#284  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizzo

Had de same problem, it was a corrupt p1000-mck-r3-ext4-cwm.tar file. For some reason, when I was downloading it with Internet Explorer, I was getting a much smaller file (under 1 mega). Then I redownloaded with Chrome, and I realised it was 6.5 megas, flash with Odin again, and everything went smooth.

Ran into the same thing.
But I have now figured out what was wrong. It was so that my Samsung Galaxy Tab had "Signed / protected" bootloader and that was why it did not work.

followed this guide and now it went just fine to fix EXT4.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=888071

Thank for an awesome forum that has lots of info and guides.
So that even a guy like myself with a horrible little knowledge can improve myTab.
17th February 2011, 08:39 PM |#285  
Flag Chesterfield
Thanks Meter: 82

More
if anyone is having problems downloading, I've put a copy on my server
bit.ly/myroms

odin 1.7.exe----------------------------------------------412.5KB
p1000-mck-r3-ext4-cwm.tar ------------------------------6.5MB
P1_20100909.pit ------------------------------------------1.83KB
r1-p1000-update-modcacocustom-wipe-unsigned ----205.72MB

added
SGT-Bootloader-Patch-v1.00.apk -----------------------676.53KB

link to paul O Brian's Instruction page on XDA

I have UK model on O2... as I know some of these roms/kernals/modems don't work in various regions or combinations.
The above works for me on O2 in UK

Very stable

Quadrant score 1778 @1GHz

None or very little lag (if you're running a lot of apps)
17th February 2011, 08:42 PM |#286  
Thanks Meter: 120

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rangercaptain

Amigo, you copied that directly from a website! Why did you take the credit for another's work? Shame!

http://Droid-den.com/phone-guides/ph...laxy-tab-guide

Shame on what? I posted the instructions on how to convert EXT4 files. Since when or where I claimed I invented anything or that is exclusive info? The same info is available on several sites and posts, I merely compilated infor I have gathered. If you have seen any claim here I exclusively "invented" ETX4 conversion please point out, otherwise, get a life!
17th February 2011, 10:49 PM |#287  
Flag West Coast of California
Thanks Meter: 1,706

More
Give the credit to those who did the actual work, not just cut and paste. Don't get hostile with me.

It's clear you know some useful things, and you should know how to give credit. Enough said.
18th February 2011, 12:53 AM |#288  
Quote:
Originally Posted by rotohammer

So far so good. Maybe I'm mistaken, but damn this firmware is fast! Really fast!

Since i had to get my tab sent to samsung and they are sending a new one can i use this firmware..im sure they put the updated restrictions on the tab.
18th February 2011, 01:13 AM |#289  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bd85

Hello
Have rotos jmi v2 and it runs great. Did the wizard to convert to ext4, it looked easy so I figured I give it a try.

Followed the guide but Odin signals FAIL. And now i have a picture whit a phone and computer with a sign ! . Cant do nothing ,
reaches either recovery mode or download

What Have happend, I am a noob to this things,

I had similar failures yesterday, was able to flash back Roto JMI 2 Full version. You need to use the SGT-Bootloader-Patch-v1.00.apk in the first post of
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=888071 to 'unprotect' your bootloader. Afterwards, thinks should be fine.

BTW, after flashing to ext4 with Odin with success, it DOESN"T reboot normally, I waited for 20 minutes and nothing happened. I carefully read the beginning of the ext4 thread, and realized that you have to start manually the tab in Recovery mode, let your tab do it's backup and restore for the EXT4 conversion process, and things fly from there.

Cheers,
18th February 2011, 01:47 AM |#290  
Thanks Meter: 15

More
Hi,

I like the work done in the roto JMI v2 rom and I think its time that my tab lost its virginity...:) couple of questions though -

1. Is the phone function enabled in the rom by default?
2. There is local app from samsung called "Ag Indian newspapers ". Anyway to back this up or copy it so that I can still have it after changing rom's?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App
18th February 2011, 01:51 AM |#291  
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackheart2925

Hi,

I like the work done in the roto JMI v2 rom and I think its time that my tab lost its virginity...:) couple of questions though -

1. Is the phone function enabled in the rom by default?
2. There is local app from samsung called "Ag Indian newspapers ". Anyway to back this up or copy it so that I can still have it after changing rom's?

Sent from my GT-P1000 using XDA App

Not sure bout your first ? i was wanting to know the samething and yes you can back up ur apps. if your tab is rooted you can find the .apk save it and reload it when your done flashing.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)