[REF] The HTC Vision (Desire Z & G2) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread

Search This thread
Doesn't install on my Desire Z through Clockwork Recovery 3.0.0.5 Says that the Update Aborted.

oh dear lord... seriously? you actually tried to do that? if you don't know what a PC10IMG.zip is you DEFINITELY shouldn't be attempting to flash a radio of ANY sort... you need to do a bit of reading, before you end up with a $500 dollar brick/paperweight... :eek:

lainvalenajr

Dec 12, 2010
Chula Vista
Lol... also made same mistake when I was new at flashing radio but got so help and did some reading aha den it worked fine

Sent from my HTC Vision using XDA App

dictionary

Dec 3, 2009
oh dear lord... seriously? you actually tried to do that? if you don't know what a PC10IMG.zip is you DEFINITELY shouldn't be attempting to flash a radio of ANY sort... you need to do a bit of reading, before you end up with a $500 dollar brick/paperweight... :eek:

ahahaha, you beat me to it. PC10IMG.zip + Clockwork = negative, lol

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
My experience thus far is positive. From my observation the reception remained unchanged but I did notice that the data connection switches from UMTS to HSDPA faster. While I there isn't a difference in the actual throughput, the connection seems snappier in the negotiation aspect. This reduction in time is a very big positive for me, the time spent waiting between a data request and HSDPA is what bugged me most...
This is by no means scientific and only my experience... Your miles may vary...

tvdang7

Dec 24, 2010
My experience thus far is positive. From my observation the reception remained unchanged but I did notice that the data connection switches from UMTS to HSDPA faster. While I there isn't a difference in the actual throughput, the connection seems snappier in the negotiation aspect. This reduction in time is a very big positive for me, the time spent waiting between a data request and HSDPA is what bugged me most...
This is by no means scientific and only my experience... Your miles may vary...

Darn i will only flash if i go from 3-4 mbps to 10.

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
Didn't wanna noob it but I gotta. Never flashed a radio on my vision so I have the one that came stock.. it ends in _M2 i can't find it in the OP. I wanna test this new radio but I wanna be able to revert back if I don't like it. Especially since I actually have really good reception wherever I go.. I've only been on edge connection maybe three times. Usually hspa but maybe 3G for a few minutes in really bad areas. I'm guessing the radio on the OP that's the only one with TMOUS is the one I can revert back to? I have a G2.

Sent from my Rooted God-Like Htc Vision.

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
Didn't wanna noob it but I gotta. Never flashed a radio on my vision so I have the one that came stock.. it ends in _M2 i can't find it in the OP. I wanna test this new radio but I wanna be able to revert back if I don't like it. Especially since I actually have really good reception wherever I go.. I've only been on edge connection maybe three times. Usually hspa but maybe 3G for a few minutes in really bad areas. I'm guessing the radio on the OP that's the only one with TMOUS is the one I can revert back to? I have a G2.

Do some research...
All radios can be flashed and reverted provided you are s-off via gfree.

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
Do some research...
All radios can be flashed and reverted provided you are s-off via gfree.
Read my question before commenting...
I wasn't asking that. I was asking where my stock radio is so I can just flash back to that one. I know that I can revert back if I wanted to. I wouldn't be asking for the radio so I could revert back.. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami

Read my question before commenting...
I wasn't asking that. I was asking where my stock radio is so I can just flash back to that one. I know that I can revert back if I wanted to. I wouldn't be asking for the radio so I could revert back.. :rolleyes:

1. More than one radio ends in M2 hence the reason it's omitted when radio versions are listed.
2. If you don't see it in the OP then it's not in this thread obviously.
3. I told you that you can flash any radio provided that you are s-off because you said you never flashed a radio before. Flashing the 2 newest radios will result in a locked radio and hboot partition.
4. Read and research.

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
1. More than one radio ends in M2 hence the reason it's omitted when radio versions are listed.
2. If you don't see it in the OP then it's not in this thread obviously.
3. I told you that you can flash any radio provided that you are s-off because you said you never flashed a radio before. Flashing the 2 newest radios will result in a locked radio and hboot partition.
4. Read and research.

Oh my goodness. Here's where the confusion is:

1.My vision didn't put out the numbers from my radio. I texted that in class so I didn't even notice it till now. I know I'm running an entirely old ass radio. I found which one I have so this is kinda pointless to continue. And of course I couldn't find it in the op, which is why this question is here genius. Are you ok?
2: well when it clearly says I have a rooted vision, I kinda thought you made the assumption I already have s=off and the works. Honestly, who doesn't have everything off?

3.I know I said I didn't flash a radio before on my vision. But I have plenty of other android phones. I'm not new at all to flashing anything, just flashing a radio on this phone in particular, that's all.

I appreciate the attempt to help, but your arrogance and my complete fail of posting what I meant to, got us nowhere. Thanks for nothing.

Back on Topic, ill post how this behaves on my phone in a little.

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
Oh my goodness. Here's where the confusion is:

1.My vision didn't put out the numbers from my radio. I texted that in class so I didn't even notice it till now. I know I'm running an entirely old ass radio. I found which one I have so this is kinda pointless to continue. And of course I couldn't find it in the op, which is why this question is here genius. Are you ok?
2: well when it clearly says I have a rooted vision, I kinda thought you made the assumption I already have s=off and the works. Honestly, who doesn't have everything off?

3.I know I said I didn't flash a radio before on my vision. But I have plenty of other android phones. I'm not new at all to flashing anything, just flashing a radio on this phone in particular, that's all.

I appreciate the attempt to help, but your arrogance and my complete fail of posting what I meant to, got us nowhere. Thanks for nothing.

Back on Topic, ill post how this behaves on my phone in a little.

It's not arrogance, my apologies if I came off that way. I am just tired of people not even taking 5 mins to read and search before posting the same questions over and over again. Then some get flash happy, flash everything in sight indiscriminately and start posting more questions as to why this breaks, that fails, and the thing reboots or doesn't boot at all... Not saying thats you but I was just giving you a heads up that you can be locked out and would have to revert and reroot. If you didn't use gfree to root you are not s-off. It might show s-off but it's just mask.

Go to Menu>About and see what it says under baseband and output it here...

This is the last Tmo update I believe, you may be able to find your current radio.img there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=827139

C.Flat

I haven't flashed a radio before. I used visionary to get permanent root, and then used Gfree to get s-off. I checked with gfree_verify and it does give me @secu_flag: 0. So I should be safe to flash the newest radio right? I just don't want a brick.

Vlad83

Aug 22, 2009
Miami
I haven't flashed a radio before. I used visionary to get permanent root, and then used Gfree to get s-off. I checked with gfree_verify and it does give me @secu_flag: 0. So I should be safe to flash the newest radio right? I just don't want a brick.

Yeah you're good to go... and you wouldn't brick had you not been, you would just lock your hboot and would have to downgrade and reroot...

Only way to currently brick a G2 is to have a bad flash since all SPL's and radios are compatible...

Shaquiel Harris

Feb 9, 2009
Los Angeles
It's not arrogance, my apologies if I came off that way. I am just tired of people not even taking 5 mins to read and search before posting the same questions over and over again. Then some get flash happy, flash everything in sight indiscriminately and start posting more questions as to why this breaks, that fails, and the thing reboots or doesn't boot at all... Not saying thats you but I was just giving you a heads up that you can be locked out and would have to revert and reroot. If you didn't use gfree to root you are not s-off. It might show s-off but it's just mask.

Go to Menu>About and see what it says under baseband and output it here...

This is the last Tmo update I believe, you may be able to find your current radio.img there: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=827139
Hey man no worries. I promise I'm exactly like you. I do my reading and I LOVE the search button. Its my best friend. And I HATE when people ask silly ass questions like "is this for the g2?" And its in the g2 section.. or my favorite "how do you root" in a rom thread. My bad for not explaining what I meant to ask I'm sorry about that. Yeah I used gfree when I rooted I still don't know why people don't. I was being naive and didn't pay attention much to what you were telling me. Sorry again man.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome to the HTC Vision (TMOUS G2 and Desire Z) Radio ROM & Official BLs Thread!

Well, my old HD2 Radio ROM Thread became a reference for all HD2 users, so.. I'm retrying this here now :)

Radio ROM Downloads:

Vision_RADIO_12.28e.60.140f_26.04.02.17: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.26: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28b.60.140e_26.03.02.18: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.28a.60.140e_26.03.02.08: MegaUpload
    Vision_RADIO_12.26.60.1301_26.02.00.24: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOUS_RADIO_12.21.60.09b_26.02.01.15 (G2): MegaUpload

Official hBoot Downloads:

Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0005: MegaUpload
    Vision_HBOOT_0.85.0002: MegaUpload
    Vision_TMOBILE_HBOOT_0.82.0000 (G2): MegaUpload

Installing:

0. Make sure you've got the ENGINEERING HBOOT installed on your device!
    1. Download the archive
    2. Decompress it, you'll have a .img file (its name should be "radio.img")
    3. Copy it into your fastboot folder
    4. Boot your device into FastBoot mode and connect it to your PC via USB
    5. Go into your Android SDK folder with CMD (Windows) or Linux terminal
    6. Flash the Radio on your device: "fastboot flash radio radio.img"
    7. Wait until the process finishes. You should read "COMPLETE" on your device's display.
    8. Reboot
    9. Enjoy!

Please note that you should flash a new radio only if you really know what you're doing!

NOTE: 26.04.02.17 is known to work on G2 and most probably all the radios are flashable on both G2 and D-Z.

Happy flashing!
    -kholk
    I think the general consensus is it's safer to flash the radio (and HBOOT/SPL) from fastboot unless it's a radio specifically for the device. With the G1, after a lot of debate, it was discovered that it was being bricked when flashing the SPL with the wrong radio in recovery, and that it was actually borking the recovery partition. I think this is the thread that explains it. Again, the above thread is in regard to the G1, but I believe a good reason why it's better to flash via fastboot.

That doesn't apply to the G2 as all SPLs and radios are compatible, so far...
    The main reason is that fastboot won't let you flash a corrupt radio where as a zip will flash indiscriminately in recovery.

It's also a good detriment from flash happy noobs. They should take the time to learn and figure out what an spl is.

Do you by chance know of any other way to flash this new radio without fastboot from a computer. I've tried several times to get fastboot to work on my laptop and it just won't. I've used SDK on several phones in the past but just dosen't seem to play nice with my G2.

Well, I attached a file "android-info.txt". Pack it with radio.img in a single ZIP file.

Then rename it as "PC10IMG.zip" and copy it to the root of your SD card.

Finally, start the phone in hboot BOOTLOADER and wait a minute, it will automatically update the radio without connecting to the PC.

It works for me, hope it helps!
    So a (probably silly) question on radio ROMs......
    Is it possible to change the frequency your handset operates at by changing the ROM, or is the frequency determined by the hardware?

The reason I'm asking is that I also have a Bell Canada handset (850/1900 MHz) which works fine when I'm at home in Australia, but won't work if I'm travelling through Asia which I do quite regularly. Is it possible to get a custom 850/2100MHz ROM?

That would be hardware..you can't actually change the frequency of the phone..the radio is the software side of things as far as I know...you could probably use it in asia but only get 2g data..I know :(

Sent from my HTC DesireZed
    All the links are dead :S

Could you please re-link?

This is an old thread, to find more updated links see here

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=43195539

Sent from my Nexus 4 using xda premium