[FIX] Inspire 4G Audio Fix (For use with DesireHD ROMs) !!

Search This thread

r34p3rex

Sep 20, 2008
DISCLAIMER: It is now 5AM and I've had about 8 hours of sleep over the past 48 hours so I might be imagining things. I'm pretty sure there is a difference in audio quality, but without 2 phones side by side, it's hard to compare :p

Instructions:
1) Flash any DesireHD ROM, your choice!
2) Flash the attached zip file with CWM (it includes the Inspire 4G kernel)
3) Install the attached PropEditor apk, and run it.
4) Open build.prop using PropEditor and change

Code:
htc.audio.hac.enable=0

to

Code:
htc.audio.hac.enable=1

5) Hit the menu button and save! REBOOT!! win?

Let me know how it goes! I do hope I'm not going crazy :)

I'll update tomorrow with what exactly I did. Too tired to type it out now, GOODNIGHT.

THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS:
-V2: Better quality than V3, speakerphone microphone does not work
-V3-test: Slightly worse quality than V2, better than no sound fix, speakerphone microphone works 100%

Went back to audio V2. I can personally attest to the fact that the sound is as good as stock - did a side by side with coworker's non routed inspire.

CHANGELOG:
V3-test: Removed extra files, sound quality is around the same (or slightly worse) compared to V2. Speakerphone Mic should work

V2: Removed AIC3254_REG_DualMic_MCLK.csv and AIC3254_REG_DualMic.csv as suggested by BelacNongaw to fix mic

Attachments

• PropEditor-0.3.apk
    35.1 KB · Views: 1,602
  • Inspire4G_Audio_Fix_v2_r34p3rex.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 2,999
  • Inspire4G_Audio_Fix_v3-test_r34p3rex.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 1,741
Last edited:

Scabes24

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 24, 2008
Seattle, WA
Testing her now, thanks!!

Btw, which DHD Roms have you tested using this fix?

I'll report back after testing it (Core Droid DHD)

Staticpunk84

Feb 8, 2011
DISCLAIMER: It is now 5AM and I've had about 8 hours of sleep over the past 48 hours so I might be imagining things. I'm pretty sure there is a difference in audio quality, but without 2 phones side by side, it's hard to compare :p

Instructions:

Code:
htc.audio.hac.enable=0

to

Code:
htc.audio.hac.enable=1

I'll update tomorrow with what exactly I did. Too tired to type it out now, GOODNIGHT.

Hey whats up man...I know this might be asking a lot is there a way to a make a video about this? But no rush on it bro..:cool: Cause you have been busy with this stuff

Although still not perfect, its 10x better than before with the telus. Unless I forgot the quality of stock which could be possible. But there is definitely a huge difference, to the point that I'm not going back to telus. Good work! Plus, the stock source kernel is being used which is always the best for stability eventhough telus didn't cause any stability problems.

Inspire (rooted)
Leedroid v2.0.0
Telus kernel
AOSP Lockscreen

Exception to my last post, it actually did fix everything! Audio in media player sounds as it should, ringtones sound perfect, etc. This thing is now perfect! Dhd roms, using stock kernel with perfect audio, themes, root access in less than a week! I love xda!

Inspire (rooted)
Leedroid v2.0.0
Stock kernel w/r34p3rex audio fix
AOSP Lockscreen

JetBlk

Jun 17, 2010
Rochester, NY
Could unrooted people use that apk to enable hsupa in the build.prop? I'm curious....

Sent from my Inspire 4G using XDA App

JetBlk

Jun 17, 2010
Rochester, NY
The hsupa category is 6. What would should it be at to enable hsupa?

Inspire (rooted)
Leedroid v2.0.0
AOSP Lockscreen

Well I'd have to compare the stock build.prop to the DHD one that people have installed, but there are these values in the DHD one:

ro.ril.enable.dtm = 1
ro.ril.gprsclass = 12
ro.ril.hsdpa.category = 10
ro.ril.hsupa.category = 6
ro.ril.hsxpa = 3

Guessing one of those is changed in the stock. Will check later

EDIT: Just pulled the build.prop off my unrooted phone and they look the same... odd

Last edited:

wildace408

Nov 6, 2007
San Jose
failed to remount system rw

I keep getting an error when trying to save build.prop after editing. "failed to remount system rw". I tried creating a backup and editing that then restoring it but got the same error. Am I missing something simple?...lol...thanks

B

BelacNongaw

I've been working on this too. Remove AIC3254_REG_DualMic_MCLK.csv and AIC3254_REG_DualMic.csv from /system/etc/ in the zip and this will work without breaking the mic. Good job.

jznomoney

May 19, 2007
Google Pixel 7 Pro
I keep getting an error when trying to save build.prop after editing. "failed to remount system rw". I tried creating a backup and editing that then restoring it but got the same error. Am I missing something simple?...lol...thanks

Another way to edit build.prop is
Reboot into recovery
Under mounts and partitions mount system
On the computer:
adb pull /system/build.prop
Edit build.prop
adb push build.prop /system/build.prop

Reactions: blodg1
B

BelacNongaw

If the OP removes the two files from the zip that I mentioned in my post, yes. Until then, you can browse the zip with astro on the phone and delete them yourself before flashing.

aNdroidnut

Sep 19, 2010
so do I need to remove those two files from the zip? Im just about to flash a new rom and this kernel and then edit.

netnerd

Dec 4, 2006
ATT California USA
did i do it wrong?
I'm unable to save, so i save it to sdcard then move the file to /system
I did not remove anything.
I leave myself a voicemail, I can hear myself just fine!

B

BelacNongaw

did i do it wrong?
I'm unable to save, so i save it to sdcard then move the file to /system
I did not remove anything.
I leave myself a voicemail, I can hear myself just fine!
Remove the two files as mentioned and follow the steps posted by the OP.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Instructions:

Code:
    htc.audio.hac.enable=0

to

Code:
    htc.audio.hac.enable=1

THE DIFFERENT VERSIONS:
    -V2: Better quality than V3, speakerphone microphone does not work
    -V3-test: Slightly worse quality than V2, better than no sound fix, speakerphone microphone works 100%

Went back to audio V2. I can personally attest to the fact that the sound is as good as stock - did a side by side with coworker's non routed inspire.

CHANGELOG:
    V3-test: Removed extra files, sound quality is around the same (or slightly worse) compared to V2. Speakerphone Mic should work

V2: Removed AIC3254_REG_DualMic_MCLK.csv and AIC3254_REG_DualMic.csv as suggested by BelacNongaw to fix mic

Another way to edit build.prop is
    Reboot into recovery
    Under mounts and partitions mount system
    On the computer:
    adb pull /system/build.prop
    Edit build.prop
    adb push build.prop /system/build.prop
    I lost sound everywhere after removing

Inspire (rooted)
    Leedroid v2.0.0
    AOSP Lockscreen
    Just removed the 2 files from the zip :D Thanks for the tip.. didn't have time to test the mic last night
    Anyone test this with CM7 yet?

I haven't actually tested this yet, but I can say with almost 100% certainty that this kernel and modification will not work on any CM7 ROM.
    Until we get the kernel source for the Inspire 4G, we are stuck with the stock kernel for HTC Sense based ROMs.