1,350 posts
Thanks Meter: 232

By Conap, Retired Recognized Developer on 11th July 2010, 11:26 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th February 2011, 05:21 PM |#2531  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
rebooting
Has anyone had problems with this rom as far as the phone rebooting during a call. Noticed some threads back in Dec that mentioned that theirs was rebooting, but could not find anything on the cure. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix. I have the same problems with Tazz's rom too.
18th February 2011, 11:24 PM |#2532  
OP Retired Recognized Developer

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linkford

Has anyone had problems with this rom as far as the phone rebooting during a call. Noticed some threads back in Dec that mentioned that theirs was rebooting, but could not find anything on the cure. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix. I have the same problems with Tazz's rom too.

I would look at what apps you had installed on both roms especially anything that could have to do with phone or data. Also maybe clock the phone down a little as some phones can't always handle the same speeds. I personally haven't had a random reboot in a while but that doesn't really mean all that much.
19th February 2011, 12:38 AM |#2533  

More
hey guys I threw together a little app to change the Verizon Wireless carrier name on the status bar/lock screen for those who want to put something else there. It should work with any rom and also probably other rooted phones(have only tested eris and inc) check out the thread here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post11464084
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Conap Ad-Free
19th February 2011, 11:17 PM |#2534  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Conap

I would look at what apps you had installed on both roms especially anything that could have to do with phone or data. Also maybe clock the phone down a little as some phones can't always handle the same speeds. I personally haven't had a random reboot in a while but that doesn't really mean all that much.

Before installing I ran RA-eris-v1.6.2 and did a wipe of data/factory reset and a wipe of the Dalvik-cache. Btw is this considered a full wipe? Will install the backup of the two roms and give you a list of the apps I had installed. Thanks for the reply.
19th February 2011, 11:28 PM |#2535  

More
Quote:

Before installing I ran RA-eris-v1.6.2 and did a wipe of data/factory reset and a wipe of the Dalvik-cache. Btw is this considered a full wipe? Will install the backup of the two roms and give you a list of the apps I had installed. Thanks for the reply.

Yes that is a full wipe
20th February 2011, 01:14 AM |#2536  

More
Quote:

hey guys I threw together a little app to change the Verizon Wireless carrier name on the status bar/lock screen for those who want to put something else there. It should work with any rom and also probably other rooted phones(have only tested eris and inc) check out the thread here
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...4#post11464084

Quote:

clock speed set at 700/245, cpu governor=ondemand
the following are the apps i have installed

Diary
(com.vid.videodownloader)

iheartradio
(com.clearchannel.iheartradio.controller2)

FBReader
(org.geometerplus.zlibrary.ui.android)

AppMonster
(de.android_telefonie.appmanager)

Fancy Widget Pro
(com.anddoes.fancywidget.pro)

Skype mobile™
(com.skype.android.verizon)

DroidForums
(com.quoord.tapatalkdrodiforums.activity)

Linpack for Android
(com.greenecomputing.linpack)

Relax and Sleep
(com.mizusoft.relaxandsleep)

BeyondPod
(mobi.beyondpod)

Pandora
(com.pandora.android)

RingLert
(ringlert.app)

InfoDroid
(de.droidan.android.infodroid)

RingTone
(com.game.rings1)

Backgrounds
(com.stylem.wallpapers)

Lookout
(com.lookout)

Books
(com.google.android.apps.books)

Aldiko
(com.aldiko.android)

imo
(com.imo.android.imoim)

Speed Test
(org.zwanoo.android.speedtest)

AutoKiller Memory Optimizer
(com.rs.autokiller)

Thermo
(com.xiaad.android.thermometertrial)

XDA
(com.quoord.tapatalkxda.activity)

LauncherPro
(com.fede.launcher)

KJV Bible
(com.tecarta.kjv2)

Cache Cleaner NG
(org.lsartory.cachecleaner.ng)

AudioManager
(com.smartandroidapps.audiowidget)

Mabilo Wallpapers
(mabilo.wallpapers)

Barcode Scanner
(com.google.zxing.client.android)

BeyondPod Unlock Key
(mobi.beyondpod.unlockkey)

Multicon
(com.h9kdroid.multicon)

Engadget
(com.aol.mobile.engadget)

Androlib Wallpapers
(com.nix.apps.androlib.wallpapers)

App List
(com.elitenerds.applist)

Audiobooks
(com.crossforward.audiobooks)

ASTRO
(com.metago.astro)

RealCalc
(uk.co.nickfines.RealCalc)

TasKiller
(com.tni.TasKiller)
20th February 2011, 02:20 AM |#2537  

More
Quote:

clock speed set at 700/245, cpu governor=ondemand
the following are the apps i have installed

Are you talking on skype when you have the issue? There were several other phone related apps on your list...ringlert or ringtone probably are phone related as well as some others. Also make sure you don't have autokiller set too high. I would suggest uninstalling any apps you don't absoulutely need for now and test to see if your problem goes away and then slowly add the apps back one at a time over the next few days while you watch to see if one of them brings the problem back.
The Following User Says Thank You to Conap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Conap Ad-Free
20th February 2011, 03:04 AM |#2538  

More
Quote:

Are you talking on skype when you have the issue? There were several other phone related apps on your list...ringlert or ringtone probably are phone related as well as some others. Also make sure you don't have autokiller set too high. I would suggest uninstalling any apps you don't absoulutely need for now and test to see if your problem goes away and then slowly add the apps back one at a time over the next few days while you watch to see if one of them brings the problem back.

the autokiller is set at the preset of strict, i will adjust and see if lowering the limits may help. I had skype running when it rebooted, but wasn't using it for the phone call. Will install 4.3 by itself without any extra apps this week and see what happens, if everything is working ok will try and add apps and see if I can narrow down what may be causing the problem
7th March 2011, 02:01 AM |#2539  

More
Quote:

I found the culprit. IMO instant messenger was what was rebooting the phone.
7th March 2011, 10:43 AM |#2540  
Flag indiana
Thanks Meter: 98

More
Hey conap. Even after running gb I always end up right where I started this is my day to day rom. Thanks for all ur hard work. Any updates planned on this? Even through its perfect for me. Thanks again. Love this rom.
8th March 2011, 10:18 PM |#2541  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sk842018

Hey conap. Even after running gb I always end up right where I started this is my day to day rom. Thanks for all ur hard work. Any updates planned on this? Even through its perfect for me. Thanks again. Love this rom.

I do want to release one last version with a few small things changed just have been super busy lately....I kinda figured it was dead at this point with all the gb lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Conap For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Conap Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
celb froyo

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)