[ROM][03/24/2012] GSB v4.5 - Final | CM7.2 | It's been a great ride...

Search This thread

Izeltokatl

is the photo.app installed in this one? the gallery like I mentioned is horrible on this phone, not just the rom but its the 3D gallery thats so slow. Being that all we have is a little bit of memory on the Eris it seems as though the more apps you install the slower it gets.

That's why you use cache2cache

Sent from my GSBv1.5-ERIS using XDA App

Izeltokatl

Any ideas about why cache2cache would break incoming sms and voicemail notifications? I'd like to use the script so I don't have to rearrange so much with each flash. From the sound if things, others aren't having an issue but any input about a possible fix would be helpful.

Never had this issue related to cache2cache. But this randomly happened after a rom change. I fixed it by doing a nandrestore to a previous rom. In my case a sense rom. This was many moons ago. Give it a try.

Last edited:

T-Keith

Sep 9, 2010
For me this is the first rom where the 3d gallery actually works great. I think you should give it a try.

Great job workshed, can't wait for next release.

Sent from my GSBv1.6-ERIS using XDA App

WhistlingDog

Dec 21, 2010
Running 1.6 now

Just got done flashing from 1.5 to 1.6 and setting things back up. No hiccups yet...

Interesting that clocking to 604 doesn't seem to make the phone seem any less snappy than running at 710 in v1.5.

:D

Last edited:

metalOpolis

Sep 13, 2010
Long Beach, CA
1.6? I just barely flashed 1.5, I can't keep up! Once again, great job. GSB has my Eris working better than ever.

To people with Ti Backup problems:
Something funky happened when I first switched to GSB from Froyo and tried to restore from Ti (I didn't reformat my memory card though, which could have been a problem). I reflashed GSB, then I reinstalled the apps I wanted manually, fresh from the Android market. Used Ti to create a backup of the newly installed apps to replace my backups of the "froyo versions." Ever since then Ti has worked perfectly.

Reactions: aceof89

amfetamine

Jul 28, 2010
Charlotte
That's kinda what I did. I deleted all my Froyo backups in Ti and started fresh backups in GSB. Ti seems to work fine now.

demmo86rt

Sep 26, 2010
Brentwood, CA
Never had this issue related to cache2cache. But this randomly happened after a rom change. I fixed it by doing a nandrestore to a previous rom. In my case a sense rom. This was many moons ago. Give it a try.

Yeah, in everything I've read (here and the c2c thread) I saw nothing about breaking incoming sms so I didn't think that was the issue, but it was the only major change I made between working and not working and, as soon as I removed c2c, all my missing texts came rushing in. I can't figure out for the life of me why this would happen and I was hoping someone around here with more knowledge than me might be able to give me a clue about how to make c2c work AND be able to receive texts.

paleodust

Aug 12, 2010
Does Gingerbread do a good enough job by itself now without needing Autokiller or does it still need it?

If it's needed, how do you go about finding the right settings for GSB? :confused:

rotarydial

May 5, 2010
Goodyear, AZ
Asked mine if she would prefer me spending time here or with another woman, she gave me the go ahead to play here...lol.

OOoooOOOo! Do they give out tshirts for members?!

I feel ashamed when she comes in and asks what I'm doing...i bow my head and say softly..."Rom stuff..."

I'm running it right now. The 140 setting works best for me, anything lower is too much.

Nice. This is purty!

cmajpwc

Jan 5, 2011
o.O
Shed, I know I read somewhere a few pages back saying you were going to incorporate the genie widget with the HTC weather icons into your next build of GSB. What I was wondering is, instead of the clear background, could you make it either the stock background or a semi-transparent one? I have a lighter background and it can be hard to see what the text says sometimes. If not, I understand, just making a suggestion for those of us with bright backgrounds lol

Also, I should be getting some kind of an income (hopefully) in the next few weeks, so I'll finally be able to donate to you for the fantastic work you have done with the Eris =D

BOY_

Aug 21, 2010
Fort Wayne, IN
OK, this Exchange bug is really annoying. If I reset the security settings it works, if I remove and reinstall the account it works, for a while then, nothing. I'm gonna do a full wipe install of 1.6 tonight (unless there is a 1.7 in the immediate future).

Otherwise the performance of this ROM couldn't be better... damn Exchange.

Osirus71

Aug 6, 2010
Austin, Tx
With CM, you have to set the LED notification for whatever app to the color white if you want to have trackball notify you (blink)

LED Noti's are in menu > settings > cyanogenmod settings > Interface

Yes, 604 is correct. The Kernel in this rom is the same as any of Deca's Kernel's for the Hero, since it was compiled using cherry picked commits from his source lol. You should be good, everything is almost the same as your Hero.

Congrats on running GB since Dec... thanks for rubbing it in :rolleyes: ;)

Thanks, so then what your saying is that if i flashed DecaFuct #589 691mhz, it would be campatable with this rom??? Is there a reason you run at only 604mhz that i shouldnt flash decas??? Also, for those that want better pictures with your cameras, try Camera360. We over on the Hero have experienced much better pictures then the stock gingerbread camera(For Now Anyways) and its free from the market.

bftb0

Feb 5, 2010
AnyCut/BetterCut working in GSBv1.6?

Anybody have BetterCut on their GSB1.6 ? Does it seem to create (home page) shortcuts OK?

I can't seem to get AnyCut to do this. AFAIK, AnyCut was working with all dev Eris Froyo ROMs.

In the logcat, there are plenty of complaints about a resource ID in CMParts.apk ( more precisely, ID 0x7f0901ea => "title_notifications_color_tweaks" in res/values/public.xml ), but I think this is a red herring... the actual error boils down to

Code:
02-19 13:57:31.334   152   166 W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent {act=com.android.launcher.action.INSTALL_SHORTCUT flg=0x4000000 (has extras) } from com.appdroid.anycut (pid=1833, uid=10084) requires com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT due to receiver com.fede.launcher/com.fede.launcher.InstallShortcutReceiver

Whoops - wait a minute. Just did an uninstall / reinstall while watching the logcat and got this:

Code:
02-19 14:25:58.104   152   172 W PackageManager: Unknown permission com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT in 
package com.appdroid.anycut

Strange. ActivityManager wants it, but PackageManager says it is unknown. Huh???

Well, crap. Is this a "minimum API" issue? (Any Cut has: uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="1" )

I guess I'm back to the original question - anybody have this feature of AnyCut or BetterCut working on GSBv1.6?

bftb0

PS ApkTool is very handy for picking apart market app .xml files to see how things are done.

workshed

Retired Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
turn around!
Thanks, so then what your saying is that if i flashed DecaFuct #589 691mhz, it would be campatable with this rom??? Is there a reason you run at only 604mhz that i shouldnt flash decas??? Also, for those that want better pictures with your cameras, try Camera360. We over on the Hero have experienced much better pictures then the stock gingerbread camera(For Now Anyways) and its free from the market.

No, what I'm saying is the kernel in this rom is fine, because if you use a Hero and like the kernel performance (I just assumed you were using Deca's kernel) conap used alot of his code to compile the kernel for the Eris so they are similar. Flashing Deca's kernel for the hero won't work on the Eris.

I clock it 604 for a nice balance of battery life/performance to start with. CM7 now has built in cpu settings to set your max/min cpu and govenor to whatever you see fit :)

fashoughing

Jan 11, 2011
Indiana
Anycut or bettercut is kinda useless if your using launcher pro. But if your not then Idk. I used to use bettercut before I used launcherpro
Anybody have BetterCut on their GSB1.6 ? Does it seem to create (home page) shortcuts OK?

I can't seem to get AnyCut to do this. AFAIK, AnyCut was working with all dev Eris Froyo ROMs.

In the logcat, there are plenty of complaints about a resource ID in CMParts.apk ( more precisely, ID 0x7f0901ea => "title_notifications_color_tweaks" in res/values/public.xml ), but I think this is a red herring... the actual error boils down to

Code:
02-19 13:57:31.334   152   166 W ActivityManager: Permission Denial: broadcasting Intent {act=com.android.launcher.action.INSTALL_SHORTCUT flg=0x4000000 (has extras) } from com.appdroid.anycut (pid=1833, uid=10084) requires com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT due to receiver com.fede.launcher/com.fede.launcher.InstallShortcutReceiver

Whoops - wait a minute. Just did an uninstall / reinstall while watching the logcat and got this:

Code:
02-19 14:25:58.104   152   172 W PackageManager: Unknown permission com.android.launcher.permission.INSTALL_SHORTCUT in 
package com.appdroid.anycut

Strange. ActivityManager wants it, but PackageManager says it is unknown. Huh???

Well, crap. Is this a "minimum API" issue? (Any Cut has: uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="1" )

I guess I'm back to the original question - anybody have this feature of AnyCut or BetterCut working on GSBv1.6?

bftb0

PS ApkTool is very handy for picking apart market app .xml files to see how things are done.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    logo.png

CyanogenMOD 7.2 [Gingerbread 2.3.7] for the HTC Eris

Thanks to...

Conap - for being one of the best people I know on the internet, and a great Mentor. You're the best, man!
    Cyanogen & Team Douche - for all the hours of awesome work they do
    gnarlyc - for helping pin down the camera and gps issue
    The Hero Crowd - for doing awesome dev work that has helped us eris devs greatly
    bftb0 - for the Undead call Fix Script
    MOS95B - for the awesome file hosting server
    Tazz - for the tiny gapps package
    CondemnedSoul - for the qcom lib & Maps 5.2
    MongooseHelix - for deving and sharing with me, awesome guy.
    zach.xtr - for the great Cache2Cache Script
    sonnysekhon & boykioy - for the ICS theming
    HaRdC0r3 - for loads of tweaks
    Anyone that has donated! - I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

5.jpg
    6.jpg

7.jpg
    8.jpg
    9.jpg

|| Android Gingerbread 2.3.7 - CyanogenMOD 7.2
    || Sync'd with CM7 source & compiled on 03-24-2012
    || Conap's Unreleased CFS Kernel clocked @ max:604mhz - min:245mhz Governor: ondemand (try smartass gov for better batt life)
    || Undead Call Fix by bftb0
    || GO-LauncherEX
    || Odexed!
    || Bootanimation Credit: Adam2010

As everyone should know...
    always nandroid backup before flashing anything...
    and know what you're doing...
    dev's are not responsible for your actions...

Instructions ...
    || Boot in recovery...
    || Do a full wipe of data+dalvik...
    || Flash GSB...
    || REBOOT...
    || let phone settle for a bit, come back and setup...

Yell out in joy, that our End of Life Eris has GB on it! :D

THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

WALLPAPER - should already be on your sdcard in GSB-Extras/wallpaper.

Please donate something if you like my efforts. I truly appreciate it!
    DONATE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

You can follow me on twitter @w0rkshed

SOURCE
    KERNEL
    FIXES/CHANGELOG

v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    v4.4 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to RC1
    • Chinese characters should be fixed
    • Cleaned up framework
    • Updated some apps
    v4.3 Fixes/Changes
    • Bumped to CM7.2.0-RC0
    • Recompiled CFS Kernel: added tun.ko & cifs.ko modules (both confirmed working)
    • Fixed Minimal Lockscreen Style
    • Quicker screen off animation (reboot phone after initial setup)
    • Overall smaller footprint
    v4.2 Fixes/Changes
    • No more LauncherPro: Until Fede updates LP, I am going with Go-launcher as stock. I'm sorry if this disappoints anyone.
    • Theme packages are on sdcard in "GSB-Extras" you must install them and then apply them both (1 is for the t-mobile ThemeChooser and 1 is for go-launcher)
    • Added Maps 5.2 to ROM: UPDATE AT YOUR OWN RISK, you could lose Maps function with newer updates.
    • Hard themed the lockscreen to look ICS-ish. NOTE: Phone slide lock has a white circle around it, I know, but I kind of like it :)
    • All theme credits besides the lockscreen jog dials (me) go to sonnysekhon & boykioy
    • Turned down max cpu to 604 - removed hardcoded mem values and turned off compcache & jit since it was causing some problems. You can always re-enable them.
    • Removed: CMwallpapers, CM themes & Rom Manager
    • Added Honeycomb lockscreen clock font & ICS Roboto font
    v4.1 Fixes/Changes
    • out of RC phase
    • updated mainline to android 2.3.7
    • now set by default: compcache=18% Jit=On VM heap size=48m NOTE: you can turn these off in cyanogen mod settings if you experience slowdowns
    • rotation to landscape fixed: changed the libGLES_qcom in source to build working libGLES_android.so, thanks to CS for pointing it out in his fix.
    • yes, no ring lag script is still in there ;)
    v4.0 Fixes/Changes
    • Fixed built in CM screenshot (hold power key and select in menu)
    • Updated fingerprint to 2.3.5
    • Added the no_ring_lag script, thanks computerfreek and klobkelosh (EDIT: ODEX version doesn't have the no_ring_lag script, you can install it on your own and test if you'd like.)
    • Still have home screen redraws after reboot, that so called "fix" isn't working, just use Zeps V6 script - http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=991276
    • Here are all the official CM changes since GSB 3.8 - http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#q,status:merged,n,z

Archived Fixes/Changes
    Extra Downloads! - Provided by: MOS95b

These are all .apks and will need to go in system/app
    Use a file explorer with su permissions or adb
    Or just place them on your sdcard and press to install

Since I removed CM7 Themes: Androidian & Cyanbread
    I made flashable zip's so you can have them back if you want.

ROM Archives! - Provided by: MOS95b
    NOTE: No support for these, they're retired...
    v4.5-Final
    • This will be my final release for this phone. It's been fun!
    • Sync'd with cm repos and freshly compiled
    • REMOVED the 3Dgallery: the ICS rotations borked it, download and install QuickPic
    • added all the ring lock styles
    • added disable scrolling-cache
    • added custom carrier label
    • added ICS transitions
    • added improved scrolling cache [ported from ICS]
    • made the ICS theme default upon initial flash
    • updated vending to Google Play
    • too much to list everything, check the cm nightly changelog for full details...
    THINGS TO NOTE:

Gallery3D was removed in 4.5-Final because the ICS rotations added to the cm repos borked it.
    Please download & install QuickPic after flash if you want to view pictures.

Do NOT flash gapps: it will remove Maps 5.2 and then you're on your own if the new Maps gives you problems.
    Google Search icon is missing: just apply the "ice cream san" theme in the app drawer.

|||DIRECT DOWNLOADS|||

GSB v4.5-Final CM7.2

||| Downloads: ODEXED - md5sum
    ||| Mirror: >> Dev-Host.org <<

I love you all ;) thank you for so many fun times!
    I should be getting a rezound soon, right now I'm releasing for the tbolt still.

See you around?

-shed
    Wow, ok, so I got a TON of PM's ... I really had no idea so many people loved this ROM. I'm going to try and stick with you all for a bit longer and keep releasing updates, I'll see how it goes.

This is in response to all the PM's & comments lol ... made me feel bad ;)