FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

[App] OpenMobileMaps v1.6 !!! 2013/11/01 NEW RELEASE !!!

281 posts
Thanks Meter: 11

By Cipher, Inactive Recognized Developer on 10th December 2009, 09:14 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th February 2011, 10:50 AM |#471  
Installed and working fine on Toshiba TG01

As I said to Cipher, French translation is on it's way. Will send him today

Edit : translation sent

9th February 2011, 11:36 AM |#472  
OP Inactive Recognized Developer
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell

Installed and working fine on Toshiba TG01

As I said to Cipher, French translation is on it's way. Will send him today

Edit : translation sent

Thank you very much, Howell! I already added your translation to the OMM webservice.

And to all donators: Thank you for your donations. It really shows me, that OMM is worth something for you and that's great.
11th February 2011, 07:58 AM |#473  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I've been using V1.4.3816.9028 for quite a while. I've pressed the update button in 'about' and it reports there is a new version, would I like to download it. Sure! Only problem is, when it goes off to get it, it then reports a download error. No big deal as I've downloaded the new version direct but do I uninstall v1.4 or is that done for me when I install V1.5
Cheers
--------------
Edit: Took the plunge anyway and it seems it removes 1.4 anyway. 2x zooming works a treat. Thank you!
It's a little slow working it's way through the menus on my HD Touch but does work!

A couple of slight problems with bookmarks! 1. As I'm in Vietnam some of the characters are messed up (ăâêĐ etc missing). It's probably to do with the fonts, even though I have Vietnamese fonts installed. I just get a square box instead for the letter but I can live with that when I edit them. 2. Where does the info for the location and description come from? Reason I ask is I've added a bookmark but the location & desc. show Ho Chi Minh but that it is in 'Laos'....which is 200km away. Should read Vietnam.

Thanks for the update.... I can feel another donation coming once I've got Paypal sorted!
11th February 2011, 09:36 AM |#474  
I confirm that menus are slow even on a high end device such as HD2 or my TG01.

By the way Cipher, do you plan to add an option to log tracks (GPX, KML or NMEA) ?

That'a a missing function IMHO
11th February 2011, 09:02 PM |#475  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by idonno

Took the plunge anyway and it seems it removes 1.4 anyway. 2x zooming works a treat. Thank you!
It's a little slow working it's way through the menus on my HD Touch but does work!

A couple of slight problems with bookmarks! 1. As I'm in Vietnam some of the characters are messed up (ăâêĐ etc missing). It's probably to do with the fonts, even though I have Vietnamese fonts installed. I just get a square box instead for the letter but I can live with that when I edit them. 2. Where does the info for the location and description come from? Reason I ask is I've added a bookmark but the location & desc. show Ho Chi Minh but that it is in 'Laos'....which is 200km away. Should read Vietnam.

Thanks for the update.... I can feel another donation coming once I've got Paypal sorted!

Sorry for the late answer. You did it right. The installation does uninstall an older version before installing the new one.

Well, I don't know why you weren't able to update through OMM. In my tests it worked everytime - even with slow connections.
Anyone else had problems with this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Howell

I confirm that menus are slow even on a high end device such as HD2 or my TG01.

By the way Cipher, do you plan to add an option to log tracks (GPX, KML or NMEA) ?

That'a a missing function IMHO

The GUI is a little bit slow, indeed. For the next version this will be optimized. It's due to the transparency and gradient effects, which will be reduced in the re-designed GUI.
I kind of like the WP7 UX and those simple (black/white) graphics. Maybe, I will use this style for OMM - it should be a lot faster.

Logging tracks is still on my list - as you can see on http://omm.mine.nu -. I just had to postpone it. I will introduce it in several steps to maintain overall stability of OMM. So, the first step will be the ability to load GPX/KML tracks.
19th February 2011, 02:23 PM |#476  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Deleted this as quick as I could.

Too many bad things to mention. Just bad programing.

Not even any way to Exit out?? What's that about?
19th February 2011, 06:42 PM |#477  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimt007

Deleted this as quick as I could.

Too many bad things to mention. Just bad programing.

Not even any way to Exit out?? What's that about?

I wish I could delete your post as quick as you wrote it, because you didn't even take the time to inform yourself about this app.
Because, if you did you would have known how to open the main menu and exit the app. At least watch the youtube video in my first post before you complain about anything else. I'm very open to constructive criticism.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cipher For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cipher Ad-Free
20th February 2011, 09:34 PM |#478  
Thanks Meter: 10

More
Triangulation ?
Hi Cipher,

15 minutes with your app and find it great! Congratullations.

I have a few quesitons:
I have allow downloads set and the device (Diamond -with GPS) is connected through a wifi.
How can I check the GSM location?
You mention triangulation, how do you do this?
Are you using Googles' GSM database or ...?

Thanks,
Pozi.

PD.- If I end up using the app, I will donate.
20th February 2011, 09:38 PM |#479  
Flag Berlin

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by pozi

Hi Cipher,

15 minutes with your app and find it great! Congratullations.

I have a few quesitons:
I have allow downloads set and the device (Diamond -with GPS) is connected through a wifi.
How can I check the GSM location?
You mention triangulation, how do you do this?
Are you using Googles' GSM database or ...?

Thanks,
Pozi.

PD.- If I end up using the app, I will donate.

Yes, GSM locationing uses Google's GSM database.

I'm glad you like it. If you have any further questions or hints on how to improve OMM: don't hesitate to post some feedback.
21st February 2011, 11:02 AM |#480  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Cipher, I've got the app working great (including other map sets) but have one problem still. Connected via wifi if I use google maps (not OMM) I get GSM locationing with no problems. Using OMM and any map set (including google) I'm being positioned off the southern coast of Japan (not where I want to be!). Also I believe that the position should have a blue circle around it? Again that doesn't happen. Any Ideas? (or have I done something increadibly stupid!). Using Samsung Omnia i900 with WM 6.1
24th February 2011, 07:55 PM |#481  
Thanks Meter: 55

More
Are there european sea maps avaibable through that? My brother could really use that.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
osm

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)