FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor View 10

UPDATE 4/19 CM7---Super Circle Battery

1,971 posts
Thanks Meter: 762

By pendo, Senior Member on 20th February 2011, 10:32 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10/1/11--I am no longer maintaining this thread. Anyone is free to use anything from any remaining links as long as they remain active. This should go without saying, but the rom's that these were designed for are not current anymore.

4/21
One of the problems with flashing these batteries is that when you apply a theme via the Theme Chooser app, it replaces the battery at the levels contained in the theme causing your battery indicator to appear to have multiple personality disorder. I have edited the 2 stock themes, Androidian and Cyanbread, so that you can apply either yet still retain my battery mod. The theme will still apply like normal, it just won't touch the battery. I've made 3 separate downloads so you can choose to replace either of the built in themes or both.

Flash in recovery
Androidian-no_battery.zip
Cyanbread-no_battery.zip
Androidian&Cyanbread-no_battery.zip
4/19
OK, finally got a little bit of work done for you guys. I have 3 different Cyanogen packages here. The first is primarily just the SmoothC battery mod. It does also change the progress bar and overscroll effect to blue from the yellow/orange.

CM7_stable-DHD-SmoothC.zip

In the second file, I made what could be best described as a blue stock look. Most of these files also reside in my aosp source tree for when I compile my personal roms. The battery is NOT a super circle, but is an enhanced version of the gingerbread battery with percentage and better charging animation. All of the pressed/focused/selected orange highlights have been replaced. Also, the green sliders and lockscreen buttons are blue. The "fully" indications (where wifi and signal strength turn green) I've made blue, but use the same icons. Same with download/upload. Basically the idea was to have a blue version of stock. It does have some blue emoticons rather than the stock green ones. And the status bar pulldown is semi-transparent. Really this is one of my personal favs, which is why I put it together for you. (sorry about the file naming, lol....couldn't come up with anything better than "Blue")

CM7_stable-DHD-Blue.zip

The last file is the exact same as the last one, but has the SmoothC super circle battery instead of my Better Gingerbread Battery.

CM7_stable-DHD-Blue_SmoothC.zip

If you enjoy the work, don't forget to use either the "Thanks" button below, or the *special* thanks button above my avatar

4/15
Just a quick (yet incomplete) update for CM7 and super circle. I have a theme I've been kinda-sorta working on for a little while. If any of you came from the Nexus One crowd and participated in my big super circle thread there you may recognize parts of this. It's still very incomplete (probably always will be) but there's also quite a bit of work done. It adds some blue to the stock look, mostly all the changes are in framework-res, but there are some in contacts, phone, browser, and SystemUI. It has the Smooth C super circle battery. There's a few areas that the t-mobile theme engine can't modify (system pop-ups, and lock-screen mostly), and I'll try to post a framework-res update.zip you can flash to get the those themed as well, just remember that those changes stay with you even after switching themes.

Just install this apk like any other, then go to Theme Chooser and select it. You will see an error about 'missing assets' just click the apply anyway. This is caused by the fact that there are new assets in the theme that don't exist on the device. Also due to this you should reboot after applying. Not always necessary, but I've had a couple times where not everything showed up correctly but a reboot fixes it.

Remember it's still very much a WIP so take it easy on me

]Pendo-Blue.apk

I bought the Inspire for my mother last weekend, and now that it's rooted, I thought I'd throw one of my newest battery circles on there. Works just as expected. The only one I have built right now is based on the stock rom.

I call it Smooth C, because it goes through the sane color changes as the classic C battery circle, but each image changes hue ~2-3 degrees as it progressess. Basically a gradient style change that goes in this order from high to low: Blue->Green->Yellow->Orange->Red. Charging animation is super smooth, and displays both the charge level, and the animation. UOT started offering it later, and they call it "hybrid" I think, to give you an idea.

Sorry, no screenshots right now :-/

This is a recovery flash.zip:

SuperCircle-smooth_C-InpireDeodexStock-signed.zip

EDIT:
Just finished deodexing attn1's Inspired DHD-afr001 rom (yay, wifi works) and made the same super circle for it:

SuperCircle-smooth_C-InspiredDHD-afr001-signed.zip
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to pendo For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift pendo Ad-Free

20th February 2011, 11:31 PM |#2  
Flag Chicago
Thanks Meter: 350

Donate to Me
More
Testing it out right now, looks great so far!

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App
21st February 2011, 01:21 AM |#3  
Flag St. Cloud
Thanks Meter: 213

More
Sweet love it!

21st February 2011, 01:54 AM |#4  
Account currently disabled
Flag Texas
Thanks Meter: 558

Donate to Me
More
It looks great.

Sent from my Inspire 4G
Rooted ace hack kit
Att1 stock rom
21st February 2011, 02:42 AM |#5  
Senior Moderator
Thanks Meter: 3,451

More
Works great

21st February 2011, 03:13 AM |#6  
Flag Centereach
Thanks Meter: 880

More
Would this work on Attn1 stock rooted

21st February 2011, 04:20 AM |#7  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,698

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by davwman

Would this work on Attn1 stock rooted

I just installed it on Stock rooted. It works.

21st February 2011, 04:21 AM |#8  
Flag Greenville SC
Thanks Meter: 2,698

Donate to Me
More
Question for The OP, you said you de-odexed Attn1's stock rooted rom, does this mean that after installing this battery mod we can install some of the sense themes for the DHD?
22nd February 2011, 02:58 AM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
SWEET! Even sweeter than the one made for my Cryptivate! Thanks!

Sent from my Inspire using XDA App
22nd February 2011, 03:05 AM |#10  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
Thanks everyone for the kind words. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunnyman

Question for The OP, you said you de-odexed Attn1's stock rooted rom, does this mean that after installing this battery mod we can install some of the sense themes for the DHD?

I don't know which themes you're referring to but it depends on what they are theming. When I get home later tonight upload the whole deodexed rom if you'd like.
22nd February 2011, 09:45 AM |#11  
OP Senior Member
Flag Tulsa, OK

Donate to Me
More
@gunnyman,

Here's the deodexed version of attn1's rom that I used:

InspiredDHD-afr001-deodexed.zip
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)