5,226 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,889

By AdamOutler, Inactive Recognized Developer on 20th February 2011, 10:11 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
21st February 2011, 02:25 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Exclamation Question regarding V2.1 orange theme
Really like the orange theme. There were some minor bugs in the 2.1 theme. I don't know if you are already aware of these. See the following post http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2#post11372092

21st February 2011, 01:32 PM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I am not sure whether this is a bug or not, the 3 X 4 keypad input and the handwriting input for the Samsung keypad are not working...anyone experiences this? or only me
21st February 2011, 09:38 PM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Question about V2.1
Hey there folks. I'm a long time lurker. I just rooted my captivate and loaded Andromeda 2.1.

My question is in regards to the modems and the icons at the top of the screen. I am getting a lower case "h" above the data transfer icons, but it will occasisionally flash "3g" instead (and very briefly, perhaps less than a second each time). Does the "h" indicate EDGE service? Am I not getting 3G service? I have always had excellent 3g coverage coming from a Tilt 2 and my BB9700. Do i need to change my modem files? Currently KP1 is loaded. What do you folks think?
Thanks, Don
22nd February 2011, 12:32 AM |#14  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlwoodjr

Hey there folks. I'm a long time lurker. I just rooted my captivate and loaded Andromeda 2.1.

My question is in regards to the modems and the icons at the top of the screen. I am getting a lower case "h" above the data transfer icons, but it will occasisionally flash "3g" instead (and very briefly, perhaps less than a second each time). Does the "h" indicate EDGE service? Am I not getting 3G service? I have always had excellent 3g coverage coming from a Tilt 2 and my BB9700. Do i need to change my modem files? Currently KP1 is loaded. What do you folks think?
Thanks, Don

read around. topics are EVERYWHERE. H is > 3G....think of it like 3.5G
22nd February 2011, 12:54 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 86

More
Quote:

1.2 is newer than 2.1

2.x has been deprecated.
22nd February 2011, 01:09 AM |#16  
Flag Bay Area, CA

More
Are regular i9000 tweaks and mods compatible with the i9010 build?

i.e. Can you do to an i9010 rom what you could do to an i9000 rom?
22nd February 2011, 01:13 AM |#17  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by perosredo

1.2 is newer than 2.1

2.x has been deprecated.

I didn't realize the 1.2 was newer... I really like the overall feel of the OS so I will be downloading the ROM tonight.

Thanks,
Don
22nd February 2011, 01:25 AM |#18  

More
Can it show Company name in incoming call, contact and detail of contact (like the way Blackberry phone does)? There is many popular names in my country
22nd February 2011, 02:35 AM |#19  

More
Eureka!!!!
Got 1.2 installed... It's nice and smooth... Miss the orange, but also liking the blues...

Soooo... for clarity and confirmation... The "h" above the data transfer icons on the top message bar is a good thing?

Don
22nd February 2011, 02:37 AM |#20  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 8,855

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Got 1.2 installed... It's nice and smooth... Miss the orange, but also liking the blues...

Soooo... for clarity and confirmation... The "h" above the data transfer icons on the top message bar is a good thing?

Don

yes. h is technically faster than 3g thanks to higher upload speeds and less ping response time
The Following User Says Thank You to Pirateghost For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Pirateghost Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 02:43 PM |#21  

More
After flashing my Captivate to Andromeda, I get really terrible reception. Really, just horrible. I can't even describe how bad.
I will get no service in places I used to get great or good reception, and I will even get no service in my own home, where I have a microcell set up to specifically prevent that.

I'm also getting really bad WiFi signal. Anything short of what a cable could cover drops me to the lowest signal level and has loading times to reflect it.

I've tried flashing the modem to the other two on the Team Komin site. One appeared to do nothing, and the other one made my system highly unstable and caused all sorts of things to force quit. Do I just need to try a different modem? If so, what do people recommend?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
need help please

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)