8525 scroll wheel loose?

Search This thread

maxgohan

Sep 30, 2006
GTA
i have an 8525 and i have noticed that my scroll wheel is getting a little loose
it is annoying because i cannot scroll precisely, it takes alot more effort to scroll

can i just open it up and tighten it or do i have to get a new scroll wheel??
where would i even get a scroll wheel?

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
i have an 8525 and i have noticed that my scroll wheel is getting a little loose
it is annoying because i cannot scroll precisely, it takes alot more effort to scroll

can i just open it up and tighten it or do i have to get a new scroll wheel??
where would i even get a scroll wheel?

It's not immediately obvious how you would tighten the scroll wheel but I can check this weekend if you like?

x1piYkpqHC_35k3ge9pKuLZJHMqXs8C8GT8.jpg

Mike

Last edited:

ScottC

May 6, 2005
Mine is getting pretty crappy lately, anyone know a reliable reseller that sells the scrollwheel assembly?

MikeChannon

Forum Admin
Staff member
Jun 7, 1972
Samsung Galaxy Note 20 Ultra
Well unfortunately after taking apart and examining the jog dial / scroll wheel, it is rock solid on mine. I tried some leverage to see if it was a push on wheel but no joy. I have a feeling it may have a similar construction to old style volume wheels where there is a cir-clip on a spindle holding it in place. Unfortunately, ulike the volume dial set up where the spindle is accessible on the reverse side of the board - this one is not accessible without de-soldering the dial.

To de-solder this component would require the finest of skills. This is not a traditional board where the connections pass through the board and are soldered on the reverse side - it appears surface soldered (possibly multilayered) and surrounded by a number of likely heat sensitive components including the camera flash which is on the reverse side.

All in all I would suggest replacement new or second hand if you can find a source.

Mike

Last edited:

maxgohan

Sep 30, 2006
GTA
great...so where do i find the necessary tools to open up my device and replace the wheel assembly