FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Slick UI - An Android Homescreen-replacement interface - New video: 'Dock Preview'!

168 posts
Thanks Meter: 26

By Caemgen, Senior Member on 24th October 2010, 01:05 AM
Thread Closed Email Thread
22nd February 2011, 03:47 AM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
this thread is a fail, by the time its released the version of androidused to make it will be obsolete

and thats saying something

22nd February 2011, 05:29 AM |#512  
Thanks Meter: 57

More
Gaah, so many cool, promising HomeUIs/Launchers but all taking forever to be released... LP rewrite, SPB Mobile Shell, Kite, Sentio, SlickUI etc...

I want to see something already.

Ah, videos like these are just so tormenting: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGUEF...eature=related
22nd February 2011, 05:33 AM |#513  
Thanks Meter: 145

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by syrenz

Gaah, so many cool, promising HomeUIs/Launchers but all taking forever to be released... LP rewrite, SPB Mobile Shell, Kite, Sentio, SlickUI etc...

I want to see something already.

+1000000000

Sent from my HTC Glacier using XDA App
22nd February 2011, 11:30 AM |#514  
Thanks Meter: 421

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lamt

Perhaps you do need to stop checking, or subscribe to this thread, so that when there's any new postings, you'll get notified.

There's pleanty of other launcher options out there (ADW, LPP+, GOLauncher, etc) that you can use, I will patiently wait to see where this goes.

Just wanted to point out that it is Launcherpro plus, therefore it would be either LPP or LP+, not both. It isn't launcherpro plus plus.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
22nd February 2011, 01:44 PM |#515  
Flag Boston
Thanks Meter: 353

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosswaa

this thread is a fail, by the time its released the version of androidused to make it will be obsolete

and thats saying something

so then what do you care.....bye. unsubscribe to this thread, you wont be missed, with your smartass comments. people like you are the reason why more and more developers begin to hate XDA everyday.
The Following User Says Thank You to TopShelf10 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift TopShelf10 Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 01:47 PM |#516  
Flag Japan
Thanks Meter: 90

More
This SlickUI is getting better and better, can't wait to try it!!
22nd February 2011, 01:59 PM |#517  
Flag Worcester
Thanks Meter: 5

More
I will be willing to test this on my HTC Hero & Sammy Galaxy Tab

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
22nd February 2011, 01:59 PM |#518  
Thanks Meter: 167

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TopShelf10

so then what do you care.....bye. unsubscribe to this thread, you wont be miseed, with your smartass comments. people like you are the reason why more and more developers begin to hate XDA everyday.

I really don't, just find it funny everyone defending it. and people like me why devs hate xda? I'm not the one pretending to develop something, if a dev develops something I'm all for it, its when they say one thing and don't deliver that make people like me hate xda
22nd February 2011, 02:02 PM |#519  
Thanks Meter: 374

More
Reading some of these posts I am reminded of this....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gFL7FBe_PA

Quote:

I really don't, just find it funny everyone defending it. and people like me why devs hate xda? I'm not the one pretending to develop something, if a dev develops something I'm all for it, its when they say one thing and don't deliver that make people like me hate xda

Don't let the door hit you in the a$$ on the way out!
Just because you have seen it does not mean you have the right to demand it or insist on a timetable for it's completion!

The name of the site is XDA developers not users of xda developers.
22nd February 2011, 05:04 PM |#520  
Thanks Meter: 104

More
The problem is the same with developers all over. They have a choice:

- Put out a release date, and get bashed when they miss it.

- Stay silent & people bash you for no updates.

- Put out a release date, and keep pushing it (guess what happens)

Personally, I just like communication of any sort. I'd like so see a regular update (weekly, monthly, whatever it is, but stick to it).

I don't even mind an update that says "Hey, busy week, no work done - no updates. Next update in 2 weeks." Or "Feature X & Y are working. Just need to finish <list> and do bug testing."

I don't care for release dates, cause I know it'll never happen and I get oddly depressed when an artificial date is missed.

But I really don't want to read a thread full of "what's going on" and people getting upset. Didn't the Kite thread get locked already?

BTW - Mobile Shell could learn from this. They are annoying their user base with a teaser video, a closed beta and no word about anything.
22nd February 2011, 08:20 PM |#521  
Thanks Meter: 421

More
This thread has become a daily source of lulz for me now. Flamefest is relentless.

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
Thread Closed Subscribe to Thread

Tags
homescreen, launcher, official, project, slick ui
Previous Thread Next Thread