FORUMS

Kyocera Zio M6000 - Android 2.2!!! cricket

249 posts
Thanks Meter: 41

By phazei, Senior Member on 22nd February 2011, 09:22 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
EDIT: We now have our own forum section:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1060
Please check there to see if there's a relevant thread for any new topics or issues, if not, make one.

---
Well, that last thread went on FOREVER, I thought a new one might be needed.

This is the continuation from the old thread.

The 2.2 upgrade is here with instructions:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...postcount=1067

Important note: The update will officially be OTA, so you don't need to do this yourself manually here. The OTA will be out shortly. The method provided at that link is for the technically inclined.
If it gets stuck on 98% for a while, that's fine, don't worry about it. Just keep it connected and wait, it can take 30min. Not a problem.
And if you lost your Kyocera logo while messing with the boot image, IT'S BACK

I'm really hoping they fixed the boot loader and perhaps we can get Clockwork Mod working on it again, without it trying to connect to Verizon!

ROOTING
The 1-click root that worked for 1.6 works just the same for 2.2

ISSUES
There doesn't seem to be any multi-touch enabled.
Either the accelerometer or compass is broken, both google sky maps and the compass app jitter around A LOT.

Improvements
All around speed increase.
Camera takes pictures in focus and captures when pressing the button rather than 1+ seconds later.
Night pictures have much better contrast.
Gallery scans 8gb card a single time and opens fast all times after.
The Following User Says Thank You to phazei For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift phazei Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 09:24 PM |#2  
Inactive Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 674

Donate to Me
More
hehe, I was going to start a thread, but thought it fitting to wait for you to do it.

Perhaps we should muscle xda again for a ZIO section, or at least a cricket android section? o.0
22nd February 2011, 09:31 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Las Vegas
Thanks Meter: 41

More
That's why I was asking people to start new threads starting with "Kyocera Zio M6000 - my issue here" so hopefully the general forum would be flooded... That didn't seem to go too well, there are over 1000 posts in the original thread. Can we beat that here?
22nd February 2011, 09:32 PM |#4  

Donate to Me
More
lol hopefully not. Now that 2.2 is live (somewhat) I think people will now be more inclined to start new zio threads instead of bombarding the most popular one.
22nd February 2011, 10:01 PM |#5  
Flag Kannapolis
Thanks Meter: 17

Donate to Me
More
I love this update it made the phone everything it should have been from the start. All the great performance enhancements and cool new features are awesome, I cant stop playing with my phone. I think my new favorite thing is the new lock screen, and the slide to answer feature.
22nd February 2011, 10:07 PM |#6  

Donate to Me
More
any clue what the "kyocerafailsafetool" is? Its a background app.

Unrelated note: Im going to have to get use to the fact that I dont have to push my task killer widget everytime I open/close an app. lol
22nd February 2011, 10:41 PM |#7  
Thanks Meter: 7

Donate to Me
More
Cool apps 2 sd
hi i am looking for instructions to do the apps2sd can anyone point me in the direction for that? also i noticed that all the bloatware is back, is it still safe to remove it same as before? and i guess we still need barnacle to have wifi hotspot. thanks!!! so we dont need taskkiller anymore for 2.2?
22nd February 2011, 10:43 PM |#8  

Donate to Me
More
apps2sd is located in your application management settings -- just click an app and there will be an option (if available) to "Move to SD"

Should be alright to remove all the crappy demo games and bloatware.

Yes for barnacle.
The Following User Says Thank You to Spz0 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Spz0 Ad-Free
22nd February 2011, 10:51 PM |#9  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Sweet. I have been at work all day and just got to a PC that I can do the update from. Got it smoothly on the first try although it does take forever on the initial boot up after update.
22nd February 2011, 10:55 PM |#10  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Anybody remember the directory that the bloatware is in?

Sent from my Zio using XDA App
22nd February 2011, 10:58 PM |#11  
Flag Paulsboro
Thanks Meter: 1

More
anyone find a way to upgrade to the 2.2 for Zio cricket yet? I just now found out that they finally got it out. I was told though that the only way to get it is to take my phone to a Corp store and they have to do it.
I've been searching all over the net for an hour now trying to find it to do myself but with no avail. it's getting very tiring and frustrating cause i don't have a ride to get to the dam store I need to get to for them to do it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
2.2, cricket, zio

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)