Video playback

Search This thread

stigslim

Hi peeps, just curious to see if anyone knows of a media player that plays. Mp2 files. I have a tv decoder which records and can export via a usb socket. But when I copy the video files over nothing seems to play them. They list as Mp2, any helps good thanx in advance.

Sent from my HTC Desire using XDA App

d31b0y

Jan 28, 2009
mp2 is an audio only format, isn't it?

Can you play the format on a desktop machine at all? What application do you use to playback?

Maybe you could try use a piece of software to analyze the file? Maybe Gspot.

d31b0y

Jan 28, 2009
Sorry, not sure what will play that back, maybe RockPlayer... However they are actively working on a VLC android port. Not sure about ETA but the last I heard (December 2010) was "very soon".

Until then, maybe try converting the file to something more common. There are plenty of free convertors out there.

Last edited:

fzelle

Mar 19, 2006
@stigslim:
You try to play Mpeg2 Transport Streams ( mp2ts ).
And because MPEG2 needs extra licenses you have to buy the Cinema Plugin.

You can also try Rockplayer or Vitalplayer from the market.
And dont forget to rename the files to .ts

mr-mac

Dec 20, 2007
@stigslim:
You try to play Mpeg2 Transport Streams ( mp2ts ).
And because MPEG2 needs extra licenses you have to buy the Cinema Plugin.

You can also try Rockplayer or Vitalplayer from the market.
And dont forget to rename the files to .ts

Mpeg2 does not need cinema plugin. Only mpeg2 when sound is encoded as 5.1 ac3 sound does it need cinema plugin. Mpeg2 with any other audio track plays fine. It is actually the ac3 5.1 coded that cinema plugin supports not specifically for mpeg2 at all.

John

mr-mac

Dec 20, 2007

Frelix

Jun 11, 2010
I have tried MPEG2 and MP2 files without AC3 and they are not played. A message is shown, that I would need cinema plug-in to play those file formats.

Sent from ARCHOS 70 using Tapatalk.

stigslim

Hi, back again.I tried Rockplayer with no luck so I gave vitalplayer a go and it seemed to play it pretty good but had a bit of a problem with timing but that could have been a corrupt video file.I will try another clip and be back to let you know how I get on.

jones23

Jul 2, 2008
I have tried MPEG2 and MP2 files without AC3 and they are not played. A message is shown, that I would need cinema plug-in to play those file formats.

Sent from ARCHOS 70 using Tapatalk.

Second that. With an 101 with Firmware 1.0.84 (I'm holding out until they release the official flash support). Doesn't play mpeg2 files without plug-in!

To the thread starter: Just spring that 15 quid. Just thinks of it as a final installment to get all the features of the archos :D