FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA
Honor 7x
Win an Honor 7X!

[FROYO][LEAK] DL30 Leak

1,410 posts
Thanks Meter: 570
 
By punk.kaos, Retired Recognized Developer on 1st February 2011, 03:19 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2011, 01:20 AM |#511  
splxtrem's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hey guys. I'm new to this whole Droid thing, so please bare with my ignorance lol. I am coming from a Windows mobile 5.0 device. Yes I know, I was in the stone age lol. I just purchased a new Fascinate from Best Buy a couple of days ago. I know that the Froyo update is better than the stock version. A couple things I am wondering. 1) If I do this flash will it void my warranty? 2) Would there be anyone who could be so kind as to give me a step by step on how to do this to a phone that is basically new right out of the box. Please remember that I am a complete idiot when it comes to Droid os. I mean, I know the basics, but am by no means an expert.

Thanks for your help guys. I truly appreciate it.
 
 
24th February 2011, 01:50 AM |#512  
crispybacon's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Nor Cal
Thanks Meter: 22
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by splxtrem

Hey guys. I'm new to this whole Droid thing, so please bare with my ignorance lol. I am coming from a Windows mobile 5.0 device. Yes I know, I was in the stone age lol. I just purchased a new Fascinate from Best Buy a couple of days ago. I know that the Froyo update is better than the stock version. A couple things I am wondering. 1) If I do this flash will it void my warranty? 2) Would there be anyone who could be so kind as to give me a step by step on how to do this to a phone that is basically new right out of the box. Please remember that I am a complete idiot when it comes to Droid os. I mean, I know the basics, but am by no means an expert.

Thanks for your help guys. I truly appreciate it.

Welcome to android, first and foremost. To answer question 1., yes you will void your warranty by rooting your phone. But it's worth it imo, or you could wait a few days/week or so and i'm sure Verizon will release the froyo OTA. Because most of the other SGS phones have stock OTA froyo now. So it's really up to you. And this rom here is actually old now, so if you were gonna flash anything i would flash EB01 or wait and see if anything else comes out.
The Following User Says Thank You to crispybacon For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift crispybacon Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 02:16 AM |#513  
splxtrem's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fappy Jones

Welcome to android, first and foremost. To answer question 1., yes you will void your warranty by rooting your phone. But it's worth it imo, or you could wait a few days/week or so and i'm sure Verizon will release the froyo OTA. Because most of the other SGS phones have stock OTA froyo now. So it's really up to you. And this rom here is actually old now, so if you were gonna flash anything i would flash EB01 or wait and see if anything else comes out.

Cool, I appreciate that. Beings that I'm new to Droid os and it is 1000 times better than the WM5.0 I'm used to, I'm sure I won't be missing much if I wait for the Verizon Froyo launch for the Fascinate. I've already done the Google search bar and search soft button work around without having to root. That should get me by til Verizon decides to release the update. I was told when I bought this phone that they didn't think there would ever be an update, that's why I was inquiring about forcing the update.
Thanks again.
24th February 2011, 05:16 PM |#514  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 12
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by splxtrem

Cool, I appreciate that. Beings that I'm new to Droid os and it is 1000 times better than the WM5.0 I'm used to, I'm sure I won't be missing much if I wait for the Verizon Froyo launch for the Fascinate. I've already done the Google search bar and search soft button work around without having to root. That should get me by til Verizon decides to release the update. I was told when I bought this phone that they didn't think there would ever be an update, that's why I was inquiring about forcing the update.
Thanks again.

Just my OCD kicking in... but it's Android OS not Droid OS lol. Not bashing or anything haha.
22nd March 2011, 10:28 PM |#515  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
ea28 vs. dl09 radios
Hello all, I went through over 40 pages of this thread. I think I'm good on what needs to be done, however I'm starting with an EA28 radio. (I had been pushed the update the other day). For all intensive purposes, should I just treat it as if my baseband ends in DL09? I know that the EA28 is just a bug fix for emergency services, just not sure if anything extra needs to be taken in account for it.

Coming from a droid pro (briefly) that had froyo... I'd really like this thing to be able to run flash (in addition to my corporate mail client, enhanced email, which needs 2.2)

Thanks again for all your work on this.
22nd March 2011, 10:51 PM |#516  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 10
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl

Hello all, I went through over 40 pages of this thread. I think I'm good on what needs to be done, however I'm starting with an EA28 radio. (I had been pushed the update the other day). For all intensive purposes, should I just treat it as if my baseband ends in DL09? I know that the EA28 is just a bug fix for emergency services, just not sure if anything extra needs to be taken in account for it.

Coming from a droid pro (briefly) that had froyo... I'd really like this thing to be able to run flash (in addition to my corporate mail client, enhanced email, which needs 2.2)

Thanks again for all your work on this.

Jump over to the EB01 update, newer version of froyo

Sent from my SCH-I500 using Tapatalk
22nd March 2011, 11:16 PM |#517  
soba49's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag boston, ma
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Yes you would want super clean or blackhole or dark revenge, etc. There are also source built options like cm7 and vanilla. The custom roms clean up a lot of the issues that even stock eb01 had.

I would also recommend getting any of the available all-in-one odins first, in case you nuke your recovery like I did.
22nd March 2011, 11:25 PM |#518  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Ok now I'm more confused, haha.

I liked the idea with the semi-official version of Froyo. Currently I'm running a rooted 2.1 EA28. Maybe I'll wait for something pushed from Verizon?

funny thing, verizon keeps blaming samsung for the delay...
23rd March 2011, 03:08 AM |#519  
GizmoDroid's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 288
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hillstrubl

Ok now I'm more confused, haha.

I liked the idea with the semi-official version of Froyo. Currently I'm running a rooted 2.1 EA28. Maybe I'll wait for something pushed from Verizon?

I think the confusion might have sprung from you somehow landing in the DL30 thread instead of the EB01 thread. DL30 was an older 2.2.1 leak, while the majority agrees that EB01 is a bit less buggy. There's not a whole lot of difference between the two besides bug fixes, so you reading 40 pages of this thread isn't too much of a waste. You probably did learn a lot, but you might have also waded through a lot of unnecessary bug reports that are no longer valid on EB01.

Also, nearly all current ROM's and themes are made for EB01, so it really is the way to go right now.

Here is the sum total of the ROM's I have ran lately, along with my observations of them. Nearly everyone has different preferences and experiences, so I don't expect everyone to agree with every observation (or with my grammar ).

Semi-official custom ROM's (using mostly stock files from EB01, some modded; some from other ROMs):
  • Slightly lighter-weight than stock -> EB01 Debloated/Deodexed
  • Much lighter-weight, better running -> SuperClean v2.9.2 (coming soon, v2.9.1 currently available)
  • Much lighter-weight, better running, and prettier looking -> DarkRevenge v4.0 (coming soon, v3.0 currently available)
  • Much-Much lighter-weight (and missing a few things you'll probably want to add back in) -> Blackhole v4.3 SA

So far away from official that it will get you drunk and steal your money (virtually no stock files; compiled from source):
  • Somewhat Bulkier, reallllly pretty, with awesome amounts of customizeability, but with a couple things still broken -> MIUI v5
  • Crazy lightweight and smoother running, but some stuff broken -> Vanilla FroYo AOSP v0.9.3
  • Bleeding Edge, super awesome, but stuff broken -> Kaoscinate V5
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes