FORUMS

[THEME l MOD] Transparent widget skins. Pandora, Weather Channel, Facebook + Requests

275 posts
Thanks Meter: 110

By ilangoadigal, Senior Member on 1st October 2010, 03:47 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
24th February 2011, 10:56 AM |#1241  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kapstone

These are great - thanks for all of your hard work!

Here are the apks for two programs that I would love to see made transperent - Twitter 2 and GoSms (I think they were requested earlier but didnt see APKs).

I think I've uploaded these properly but if not, please let me know - still in n00b status

Thanks again

Turns out a bug in apk-tool made this one slightly difficult. Using an older version helped, and here it is. Transparent twitter.

Enjoy

Edit: Changed to version 2.0.1. Made "what's happening" transparent. Fixed landscape mode.
Attached Files
File Type: apk signedtwitter-2.0.1.apk - [Click for QR Code] (1,023.6 KB, 321 views)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to LordDuffler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift LordDuffler Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 05:06 PM |#1242  
Flag Aalborg
Thanks Meter: 162

Donate to Me
More
Can u make a version w black or dark grey text, pleeeaase!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnpapadakos

here ya go
edit: whoops someone beat me to it

[email protected]
24th February 2011, 10:13 PM |#1243  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Noob questions regarding install with z4root
Does one need a complete root or would a z4root do while installing modded versions of preinstalled apps such as faceboo, youtube, genie widget, etc?
Thank you
24th February 2011, 10:31 PM |#1244  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA
Thanks Meter: 1,112

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Proxyofss

Does one need a complete root or would a z4root do while installing modded versions of preinstalled apps such as faceboo, youtube, genie widget, etc?
Thank you

someone correct me if im wrong, but once you have "temporary root", you're rooted until you reboot, so yeah, you could install apps and remove apps while temporarily rooted
The Following User Says Thank You to tnpapadakos For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift tnpapadakos Ad-Free
24th February 2011, 11:51 PM |#1245  

More
Thanks.

But do I need to do something differently than I would when installing any other app?
25th February 2011, 12:21 AM |#1246  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Thanks.

But do I need to do something differently than I would when installing any other app?

no, you dont

that being said, i cant tell what phone you have cause you have no signature, but the newest z4root has two options on it temp root and permanent root, at least for most phones
if, when you open z4root, it has both of those, just select the permanent root option and be done with it

if not, root it another way, which gives you full, permanent root

25th February 2011, 12:44 AM |#1247  

More
Quote:

no, you dont

that being said, i cant tell what phone you have cause you have no signature, but the newest z4root has two options on it temp root and permanent root, at least for most phones
if, when you open z4root, it has both of those, just select the permanent root option and be done with it

if not, root it another way, which gives you full, permanent root

I have an acer liquid e running on froyo. I have rooted it using the permanent root function on z4root.
When I installed apps such as winamp, they installed normally. However, when I tried to install the modded youtube or facebook, it just said, "application not installed"
I was just wondering if there was something else I needed to do other than just downloading and installing.
25th February 2011, 12:58 AM |#1248  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

I have an acer liquid e running on froyo. I have rooted it using the permanent root function on z4root.
When I installed apps such as winamp, they installed normally. However, when I tried to install the modded youtube or facebook, it just said, "application not installed"
I was just wondering if there was something else I needed to do other than just downloading and installing.

first, get "root explorer"
for system apps like those, you have to delete them first in root explorer
go to /system/app and long press on the apk you want to delete, and choose delete

if you have a recovery that allows you to wipe cache, now do that

then, assuming you've already copied the new .apk files you want to install over to your sdcard, go to /sdcard, and "move" them over to the /system/app folder
then, long press the one you want to install, and fix permissions on it to rw-r--r--
(in other words, when the dialog box with the permissions check boxes comes up, only check the following: in the user line, only check "read" and "write"
in the group line, only check "read"
and in the others line, only check "read", hence the rw-r--r-- permissions)

then reboot, it should then be installed

there's other ways to do this, like adb, or even terminal emulator, but this way you can do it on the phone itself, without the use of a computer, and without typing any code
25th February 2011, 01:51 AM |#1249  

More
Quote:

first, get "root explorer"
for system apps like those, you have to delete them first in root explorer
go to /system/app and long press on the apk you want to delete, and choose delete

if you have a recovery that allows you to wipe cache, now do that

then, assuming you've already copied the new .apk files you want to install over to your sdcard, go to /sdcard, and "move" them over to the /system/app folder
then, long press the one you want to install, and fix permissions on it to rw-r--r--
(in other words, when the dialog box with the permissions check boxes comes up, only check the following: in the user line, only check "read" and "write"
in the group line, only check "read"
and in the others line, only check "read", hence the rw-r--r-- permissions)

then reboot, it should then be installed

there's other ways to do this, like adb, or even terminal emulator, but this way you can do it on the phone itself, without the use of a computer, and without typing any code

Just a question before I buy root explorer.
Would it let me delete files that are "read only"?
Thanks
25th February 2011, 02:40 AM |#1250  
Flag Pittsburgh, PA

Donate to Me
More
Quote:

Just a question before I buy root explorer.
Would it let me delete files that are "read only"?
Thanks

in a word, absolutely
25th February 2011, 03:00 AM |#1251  

More
Quote:

in a word, absolutely

Thank you.
I'll give it a shot soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)