Search This thread

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
Hi

Hello,

Will it work on both the EVO 4G and the Droid Incredible, or is the download for the Droid Incredible a different one?
Just confused because of this line in About section of the OP:
This is a port of the HTC Incredible S RUU for the HTC Droid Incredible and HTC Evo 4G.
Oh and is it recovery-flashable or RUU? Confused because of the same line in the OP.

Last edited:

wdfowty

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2010
S.F. Bay Area, California
Hello,

Will it work on both the EVO 4G and the Droid Incredible, or is the download for the Droid Incredible a different one?
Just confused because of this line in About section of the OP:

Oh and is it recovery-flashable or RUU? Confused because of the same line in the OP.

The rom is based on the Incredible S RUU. It is supported by both Evo developers and Incredible developers, But there will be a different rom for each phone (different boot.img, device-specific files).

Reactions: HQRaja

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
The rom is based on the Incredible S RUU. It is supported by both Evo developers and Incredible developers, But there will be a different rom for each phone (different boot.img, device-specific files).

Thanks, so this version is for the EVO 4G. Do you have the link for the Droid Incredible version? I tried searching for it but couldn't find it. And is it recovery-flashable?

wdfowty

Jun 18, 2010

HQRaja

Retired News Writer
Jan 27, 2008
Islamabad
hqraja.com
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=962158

You can also follow our progress via the link in my sig.

And yes, this is recovery flashable. I don't know any other ways to do it ;)

Thanks. I was confused on the recovery-flashable bit only because of the 'RUU' bit in the OP. =)
One of my writers has covered this ROM and I just wanted to be absolutely sure of things before I hit the 'Publish' button heh. BTW are you also involved in the development of this port? The writer has mentioned only myn and incubus26jc but I'd like to give you credit there too if you're involved.

Last edited:

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach
Thanks. I was confused on the recovery-flashable bit only because of the 'RUU' bit in the OP. =)
One of my writers has covered this ROM and I just wanted to be absolutely sure of things before I hit the 'Publish' button heh. BTW are you also involved in the development of this port? The writer has mentioned only myn and incubus26jc but I'd like to give you credit there too if you're involved.

Myn and incubus have ported it but these are the guys working on the rest of the development. Myn's got a lot on his plate and i beleive Incubus is working on the incredible port of this rom.

Hopefully when my video card comes back in the mail I can start some work on this as well.

wdfowty

Jun 18, 2010

Myn and incubus26jc deserve all the credit.

We haven't done much, yet, but slowly making progress every day. I don't want credit until the rom is at a point that is practical for everyday use :)

edit: look what I just found in the portal http://www.xda-developers.com/android/htc-incredible-s-port-for-htc-evo-and-dinc-now-available/

Last edited:

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach

jxr94

Jun 15, 2010
Uggggh why must the best be so difficult. This is probably the best sense 2.0 rom the Evo is gonna get but its such a pain. Myns Desire Z is holding me over though.

MRFERRARI23

Jul 19, 2007
NYC AkA GOTHAM!
WOW It's been quiet in here!!! :eek:

Hopefully a good break will resume with awesome results :D

You guys are awesome who've been working on this!! Is this project still a go though, because I thought I saw something about maybe stopping it because it was similar to the Desire HD/Z port?? This a newer version of sense though with some new features etc.... guess time will tell what will happen!!

Always the best though! :p

lithid-cm

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 1, 2010
Cleveland
WOW It's been quiet in here!!! :eek:

Hopefully a good break will resume with awesome results :D

You guys are awesome who've been working on this!! Is this project still a go though, because I thought I saw something about maybe stopping it because it was similar to the Desire HD/Z port?? This a newer version of sense though with some new features etc.... guess time will tell what will happen!!

Always the best though! :p
The only thing stopping me from actually using this is the camera. Since the DHD needed a re-write of the camera lib I am guessing that is going to need to be done for this port as well. While some might say there is already a port.... I will say that the inc-s port is from a phone already built for cdma so IMO it will work much better, which it already does besides the camera issue. There are some more issue for sure but the camera is what I bet is stoping most of this or at least holding it up

wdfowty

Jun 18, 2010
The only thing stopping me from actually using this is the camera. Since the DHD needed a re-write of the camera lib I am guessing that is going to need to be done for this port as well. While some might say there is already a port.... I will say that the inc-s port is from a phone already built for cdma so IMO it will work much better, which it already does besides the camera issue. There are some more issue for sure but the camera is what I bet is stoping most of this or at least holding it up

This is the camera issue as I understand it, via Curious! and snq-:

<Curious_> in short : we need to replace libcamera.so from our previous working desirehd builds
<Curious_> and recompile libcamera_client.so such that the new functions should be implemented as dummy
<Curious_> to do so, we need to check function list by Reverse engineering libcamera_client.so
<Curious_> also
<Curious_> liboemcamera.so and libcameraservice.so from previous builds should be used
<Curious_> i mean a working desire hd builds
<Curious_> and that's it

JoeLithium

Sep 10, 2010
Westhampton Beach
HEY!

No one's on the IRC so I'll suggest this here. Should we maybe tear out the other languages and maybe slap English (United States) on the rom. Might save space.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    image6.jpg

About

This is a port of the HTC Incredible S RUU for the HTC Droid Incredible and HTC Evo 4G.

This is a community driven ROM. It's development is open to any willing contributors at
    http://code.google.com/p/incredible-s-united-base/
    and
    http://code.google.com/p/incredible-s-united-vendor/.
    To become a contributor you will need to send wdfowty a PM asking him.

Also, if you want to branch this off and start your own device port, you are more than welcome to.

We have an IRC channel set up. ##inc-s-base @ irc.freenode.com feel free to join us in there.

This will remain an unthemed ROM. It is far easier to use the built in theming and as time progresses and this becomes a more mature ROM we will look into adding them.

Details
    • Rooted vanilla port directly from RUU
    • Deodexed for theming/mod support
    • HTC #15 kernel
    • Android 2.2.1 (Froyo)
    • Sense 2.0

Not Working
    • 4G
    • Camera/Camcorder
    • Probably other things. Give it a try.

Downloads

Screenshots
    sense2.0screen.jpg
    sense2.0screen2.jpg
    lockscreen.jpg
    personalize.jpg

Thanks / Credits
    • incubus26jc for the initial port and some advice along the way
    • myn for setting up svn repo's on Google Code
    Sorry I haven't given updates guys. I spent a little bit of time on it looking through smali files trying to find a camera fix. I don't have a zip available for download yet but ill compile what I have and get it uploaded in a few. Please note that I'm not responsible for any problems you may have. Make a nandroid first then wipe everything. You'll need either amon ra or an older cwm to flash it. The only option I have is dropbox. Please don't pound the bandwidth on it. Its uploading now.

Heres the link : Download
    Incredible devs here
    Outstanding.
    Okay. The svn repo is up.

https://code.google.com/p/incredible-s-united-base/

For the folks who want to contribute, please PM me your gmail/google email address and I will add you. Please let me know its for the Inc S. I set up another one for the Honeycomb build today so I want to make sure which is which

Also here is an outstanding tutorial on using TotoiseSVN with code.google.com.

http://mzaher.wordpress.com/2009/03/02/how-to-use-svn-with-google-code/

The latest version of the AndroidKitchen now will ignore source management repository directories (.cvs, .svn, .git) so I recommend fetching this repository into a WORKING_XXX directory within the kitchen. The .svn directories will automatically be removed when you do a Build (option 99).

If one of you have a Linux hosting provider with shell and cron access we can also set up a cronjob to create nightly releases automating this for us.

onicrom had written a script for me to generate these for my Warm Z nightlies that we can reuse, assuming we have a host.

Let me know if you have questions.

got the 1x swaps and 7 bar signal strength ported as well as cleaned all the languages out of all the framework

Excellent :)

I'll add you to the new subversion repo if you want to contribute?
    I have been and still am working my ass off to get 4g and camera working while keeping the z-ness of the Rom ill post any finds