Gingerbread XDAndroid

Search This thread

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Dont know if I'm using the latest modules and rootfs, I'm using the ones that are attached on post 2.. I'm now trying with your haret.. fingers crosed :)

there is nothing on post 2, maybe page 2 :confused:
Are you using my links??

rootfs
modules

as you can read in page 2 you should delete old rootfs, zimage and modules,
then rename the new files (only rootfs and zImage) with the names of the old ones. ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: whoopa

JefJam

Sep 13, 2009
I am a little disappointed with our blackstone androids.. I didn't manage to test any version which the audio playback is just good.. :(

Bonusbartus

Oct 8, 2006
www.caravan-handels.nl
How is the stability of your androids?
On my blackstone I have to reset about 8 times a day...
I did try different builds/kernels/startup.txt...
battery lasts about 10 hours, but that can be a battery problem...

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
Mine is quite stable and fast I'm using the test build of Gingerbread (from 1-st post) I reset the device when I want to go back to Windows Mobile.. :)

I have no any problems and I don't know what is wrong with your devices :confused:

It just runs! :D

Edit: BTW right now I'm using a non SDHC microSD. It's a 2GB GOODRAM, Write speed 7-10 MBps. If you are using SDHC, this may be the reason. I don't know?!

Last edited:

g3rm0

Feb 20, 2010
I am a little disappointed with our blackstone androids.. I didn't manage to test any version which the audio playback is just good.. :(

Ever tried this kernel?. It has temporary solution for audio shuttering - disable updating of the battery meter while playing music. Nothing more can be done until battery code is fixed and that's not an easy task.

Reactions: JefJam

kruijs

Aug 10, 2008
That's because of the battery code. Dev's have it in their list, but I think it's a bit down it.

Indeed, everyone is still waiting for a fix for battery code, but devs still have more important priorities to sort through (correct panel working, etc)
In the mean while, a few builds have modified kernels that already (at least partially) disable battery polling during music playback, and therefore stutter-free audio playback.

Personally, I'm happily using a recent kernel that's based on 1253 kernel, with audio patch by g3rm0 (running XDAndroid Gingerbread-alpha)
Stable kernel, no significant problems encountered after weeks of use (except the known Gingerbread issues like camera, location, etc not working)
Anyway, check out
http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10829216&postcount=27
And, remember, Gingerbread is still alpha, so your mileage may vary!

Cheers,
Robbert

rb_daman

Jan 26, 2011
anyone tried using gingerbread with viruscrazy's kernels and libs to see if this fixes the camera?

kruijs

Aug 10, 2008
anyone tried using gingerbread with viruscrazy's kernels and libs to see if this fixes the camera?

Yes, tried but failed...

Tried different Haret.exe, modified startup.txt, and gingerbread.conf, everything that might make a difference according to the original raphael camera test thread, but no luck...

Got it easily working on other builds, so it seems really a Gingerbread issue. (although I did not try Neopeek's gingerbread build, I find XDA more stable, but maybe we have a chance with camera om Neopeeks builds?)
I asked Jerome(viruscrazy) and he replied that it was indeed a small chance, something for him to look into in the future...
I guess camera should be enabled in userland, which was the case for FX03/04, but probably not yet for Gingerbread, similar to missing location code, hopefully to be added in the next Gingerbread build.

If anyone else has camera up and running in Gingerbread, I'd be more than happy to be proven wrong in this particular answer! :)

Cheers,
Robbert

whoopa

Oct 17, 2009
Just wondering if the battery last longer when you're using winmo 6.1.. Anyone know this?

warfae

Oct 26, 2010
everything work fine but when i turn off screen and wait 5 min i cant woke up my phone.
any ideas how to fix it?/

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
After you press the power button, wait 2 sec.(or more) it's a bug.
I had such a problem before with 2.2 Froyo, I can't remember the build, but when I
replaced the rootfs with newer, the problem was fixed. :)

Edit: you can try do disable the data connection: Settings>Wireless...>Mobile Networks>Data Enabled - Uncheck ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: warfae

warfae

Oct 26, 2010
i have a little problem with keyboard in my phone
i can't install new keyboard becouse i dont have astro manager or any file manager and i can't download it becouse i can't log at android market becouse i dont have keyboard any suggestions how to solve this problem ?/;p

nasko_spasko

Nov 10, 2008
Sofia
i have a little problem with keyboard in my phone
i can't install new keyboard becouse i dont have astro manager or any file manager and i can't download it becouse i can't log at android market becouse i dont have keyboard any suggestions how to solve this problem ?/;p

Copy the apk of astro to /sdcard/AndroidApps then reboot and the app will be in the applications menu ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Already tried Gingerbread. It looks nice and works quite smooth but it's not yet ready for daily use. Other than issues posted on stinebd's blog I've also couldn't get default keyboard to work, had problems with wifi (but could be user error) and neocore wouldn't run properly.

Remember to backup your SD card before using this because it needs to be tested on clean install.

BTW. I really like the UI overhaul Google did in 2.3 =)
    Gr8 speed... but i dont have on-screen keyboard,some times the notification led is still on :D
    I will post more results later
    Sorry for bad english

The missing on-screen keyboard is a known issue. Actualy it's not completely missing i can press b, n, v, etc.
    The LED is on when you start haret with plugged charger. ;)
    Hi, guys!

Did you tested the Gallery3DFroyo ??
    I did! It runs great, in 2.2 & 2.1 its very, very slow...
    on that 2.3 it flies!! :D

Take a look at my video on youtube!

Edit: If somebody wants to test it, download the attached file..
    Same for my :)
    But i have problem when the display dims...and i can't wake up the phone from stand by:( Power button,volume up/down etc didn't respond

EDIT:Angry Birds Valentine working,lag like hell,but no problem for me.... :D
    Sorry for bad english.

Try with another rootfs(for the wakeup problem), backup and delete data.img, if
    you can't see changes
    and always use the latest kernel and rootfs.
    I have no any problems, excepting the known issues, and bug-s. :)

rootfs
    Kernel+Drivers (modules)
    Guys could you please tell me how can I get Gingerbread into my Blackstone? I'm a bit lame in this way, or just send me some link so I can follow steps there. :)

Hi, I'll give you a simple HOWTO :) :

1. Download this.
    2. Extract the contents of the archive to the root of your FRESH FAT32
    formatted microSD, excepting the system.ext2
    (if it's SDHC(larger than 2-4GB), microSD shouldn't be class 6 and higher)
    3. Download this.
    4. Extract the system.ext2 to the root of the microSD
    5. Run HaRET.exe and have fun!! :)

Edit: if the andro does not boot successfully, try to use the latest modules and rootfs
    if you don't know how to do it, just--\/
    If you have any specific problems, PM me!

Best regards, FLeX!