PTP's LauncherPro Docks & Icons [New Designs 03/07/10]

Search This thread

dena994

Apr 16, 2009
ITALY
Here is a preview of the Icons I'm working on. Using the parts of the icon set you see already for now as a placeholder. Getting the styles and things worked out, then I'll do custom icons inside each one. But that takes a while. This should give you an idea of the first Icon set though.

Encircled-Icons_Preview.jpg

As you can tell its built for Encircled. I'm doing one for the Dark version as well.

Why don't you make a full theme? your style is fantastic!

papertreeprophet

Aug 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
Quick update; been away from my computer for the last week. I'm keeping up with all the requests and will let y'all know when I'm back ;)

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Spoomah

Jan 19, 2011
Eugene
Where's the link for the docks? I love these docks and would love to get them but I haven't seen a link for them in this thread... it's possible I'm blind though... lol thanks!

twister99403

Oct 4, 2010
Lewiston, ID
Where's the link for the docks? I love these docks and would love to get them but I haven't seen a link for them in this thread... it's possible I'm blind though... lol thanks!

there isn't a link, if your on your computer just right click>save as...if your on the xda app on your phone your SOL right now unless someone packages them up lol

kite07dx

Jul 24, 2010
DC
sorry for the noob question, but i cant seem to find a link to download the docks?

* nvm, spoke too soon, figured it out

Last edited:

GamerGuy80

Aug 25, 2009
Oxnard, CA (Ventura County)
sorry for the noob question, but i cant seem to find a link to download the docks?

ok im not a noob but even i cant find the link to download the docks... can somneone help me out here is there something im overlooking

*edit* ok nevermind figured it out...so you have to be logged in already to be able to see the dock images then you right click and save the png file.

Last edited:

papertreeprophet

Aug 31, 2009
Dallas, TX
I can't find the links to the docks anywhere? A little help?

I'm asking for this too.

ok im not a noob but even i cant find the link to download the docks... can somneone help me out here is there something im overlooking

*edit* ok nevermind figured it out...so you have to be logged in already to be able to see the dock images then you right click and save the png file.

new to this. how do i install these on my phone

For now, all you need to do is log in to the site, then right click on the image, and save it.

Seeing all the trouble being had I will go ahead and work on zip archives of all the docks.

As for using them, thats simple as pie. Download the dock and shove it on your phones sd card (i have a folder on mine just for docks, and one just for icons). Then while on LauncherPro, click Menu -> Preferences -> Appearance -> Dock Background -> Custom. It will then let you pick the dock background you have downloaded.

I am still staying mainly out of town for some small work. I was home just tonight so I thought to hop on. I am working on a new set of icons and a few new docks. When I'm fully back I will also write a quick FAQ on how to use everything and how to set it.

I might also split icons, like wallpapers, into there own thread.

Donations Would Rock!!
The photobucket account is once again over bandwidth. If someone could donate the $3 for a month, or be really awesome and donate $25 for a year, I wouldn't have to worry about this anymore :p

Reactions: 5zeci and Frostfree

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PTP's LauncherPro Docks & Icons
    ------------------------------------------------------

Here you will find all of my various dock and icon based creations for your Android powered device. I am always looking to come up with a new look for my phone, and now I want to help give your phone a face lift as well. Each dock is designed to work with LauncherPro on most Android handsets. The icons packs also are made to work with LauncherPro unless otherwise stated. They are made to look as good as possible with the known size and dimensions of the icons that LauncherPro uses.

Got A Request? While I do tend to constantly come up with new ideas on my own, I am always on the look out for someone with a good idea. Post in the thread with your idea, or request for a modified version of any dock or icon pack. I am also always on the look for new ideas for the icons themselves. I try to steer clear of random programs, but ones we all use, or phone functions I have not made one for are all on the table.

TO DOWNLOAD A DOCK, RIGHT CLICK ON THE DOCK IMAGE, AND CLICK SAVE!!

Links
    ----------------------

PTP's LauncherPro Docks & Icons (You Are Here :p)
    PTP's Wallpapers For Android
    Check Me Out On DeviantART

Contact
    ----------------------

Got a question to ask me? Got a request? Need some help with my stuff? Maybe you just want some sage like Photoshop advice, help, or need to request some other work. Check out my new IRC channel. I will be in it at as much as I can, and will answer any questions you need ;)

IRC Network: chat.freenode.net
    Channel Name: #ptp-designs

Am I am gone from there? Need help quicker? Try me on these instant messaging programs!! (Remember to change the {at} and {dot} to there respective symbols and remove the spaces. Just trying to get any spam crawlers from catching my e-mail)

AIM: papertreeprophet
    Yahoo Messenger: papertreeprophet
    MSN Messenger: papertreeprophet {at} gmail {dot} com
    Google Talk: papertreeprophet {at} gmail {dot} com

Mobile Users
    ----------------------

On your Android device viewing the forums? Using XDA's custom Tapatalk app? Here is a link to download all the docks in a single zip file!! In the future I will try and find other ways to make it easier for mobile users to download docks individually.
    PTP Dock Pack - Updated 03/07/2011

The Docks

Cleared Up
    At first I was making docks just for me, then I randomly decided to make one to hand out to the masses. This was my creation; a weird blend of what I personally like, and some graphics techniques I hadn't used in ages. For a first round back in the realm of Photoshop, I say not too shabby.

Preview:
    Cleared-Up_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Cleared-Up.png

Merge
    A dock I used for quite some time; Merge was a complete redo of a dock found on the LauncherPro forums. I took the idea and moved the app drawer button to the middle (not a fan of side based ones) and also made the app drawer icon a static part of the dock. Still one of my favorites.

Preview:
    Merge_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Merge.png

Encircled

After 'Cleared Up' I wanted to do a simpler less busy dock using the same basic idea and method. Encircled is what came of that goal, and my current dock of choice. Encircled is also the main dock I tested and based my 'Punch-Out' icon pack around.

Preview:
    Encircled-Light_Preview.jpg
    Encircled-Dark_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Encircled-Light.png
    Encircled-Dark.png

Enclosed
    After completing my first icon pack, I wanted to make a dock specifficaly for 'Punch-Out' so I took the color scheme of 'Encircled' and made it a solid dock. At first I planned, like 'Encircled', to have a Light and Dark variant, but after testing I found it did not work as well. So I went with a normal style dock, and one with a static app drawer button in the middle.

Preview:
    Enclosed_Preview.jpg
    Enclosed-Circle_Preview.jpg
    Enclosed-Circle-Pink_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Enclosed.png
    Enclosed-Circle.png
    Enclosed-Pink.png

Embers
    Take one look at my computer and you will see I love text based icons. Embers was an attempted at text based dock that used the icons themselves to add an interesting effect. Sadly I did not at the time know the exact way LP handled icons, and it was a large fail. But both the dock, and the icons ended up turning out alright after some tweaking.

Preview:
    Embers_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Embers.png

Flat Grain
    After the fail of 'Embers' I had to try again for a good text based dock. This time I went with flat colors, and a more grainy effect. Also the icons created for this dock look almost like they are sliding on a track, an effect I plan to use heavily in the future.

Preview:
    Flat-Grain_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Flat-Grain.png

Real Droids Wear Pink
    A quick dock done to work with one of the new colors for 'Punch-Out'. This was a request I did quite quickly as it was my first request.

Preview:
    Real-Droids-Wear-Pink_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Real-Droids-Wear-Pink.png

Utility
    As somewhat of a graphic artist, there are times a good idea (with me often one taken from something I've seen) ends up turning out more like a "what the hell was I thinking?" kind of idea. This is one of those. To be honest I thought it was going well right up until the end. And a cookie to whoever can guess what my real world inspiration was for this :p And why no icons? None of mine work well with it :p I would have to make a custom set. If someone is actually interested in this I will. But yea...

Preview:
    Utility_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Utility.png

The Clearing
    There are tons and tons of these solid color slightly transparent docks out there. I have been avoiding them, but they work great with 'Glassy' icons. I have been using and loving the rounded box one. They are very simple, took no time to make and yet work fairly well. And yes the single small bar at the bottom is an idea I like. Its my odd sense of style.

Preview:
    The-Clearing-Full_Preview.jpg
    The-Clearing-Boxed_Preview.jpg
    The-Clearing-Bar_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    The-Clearing_Full.png
    The-Clearing-Boxed.png
    The-Clearing-Bar.png

Carbon Footprint
    What started as me trying to make a half sized dock for 'Glassy' icon pack, turned into this, and I am very happy with its outcome. I have this carbon fiber pattern I never get to use, but love; I also have not gotten to do one of these 3D effect docks. So I put the two together, and got this. In the preview you see a custom wallpaer which extends the look of the dock up, click the link and set it as your wallpaper to get the full effect!!
    PTP's Wallpapers For Android
    As you can tell its meant to not scroll with your phone. To get this effect on LauncherPro, while on the homescreen, click Menu > Preferences > Appearance Settings then check the box next to the option Disable Wallpaper Scrolling.

Preview:
    Carbon-Footprint_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Carbon-Footprint.png

Colors Of Ember
    Someone request 'Embers' in a different color, and I admit I had already thought of it. I got a little carried away, so unlike most times, I am making a seperate little area for this one instead of adding it to 'Embers'.

Preview:
    Embers-Colors_Bubble-Gum_Preview.jpg
    Embers-Colors_Passion_Preview.jpg
    Embers-Colors_Forest_Preview.jpg
    Embers-Colors_Marine_Preview.jpg
    Embers-Colors_Cyan_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Embers-Colors_Bubble-Gum.png
    Embers-Colors_Passion.png
    Embers-Colors_Forest.png
    Embers-Colors_Marine.png
    Embers-Colors_Cyan.png

Tabbed
    Quick attempt at a tabbed style dock. I will try and expand on this later as well as more colors for it.

Preview:
    Tabbed_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Tabbed.png

Transparent
    I wanted to make a specific dock for the new Reflected icon pack, and really like the way "The Clearing" docks looked with the text based icons, so I modified the idea of "The Clearing" and added much more detail and a baked in app drawer icon. I was also playing around with rounding the edges, and came up with a unique look i quite like.

Preview:
    Transparent_Preview.jpg

Dock:
    Transparent.png

The previews you see above are not taken on a phone. I use a handmade layered .PSD which allows me to change the background, dock, and icons at will simply by copying and pasting new designs in. As such expect the look and feel of each to be slightly different on your device. Each preview is modeled after my Nexus One, and is resized down to 360x600px as to decrease bandwidth usage.​

Hosting Provided By: mike_art03a

Donations By:
    rcummings100
    The Icons

Punch Out Icon Pack - V.3
    These icons were made for 'Encircled' & 'Enclosed' docks, but work well with many different dock designs. The icons come in a Dark and Light version, and three different bottom glow colors; the original Blue, Green, Pink & Red. 25 Icons in each color and glow.
    All icons are 66x66px

Preview:
    Punch-Out_Light-Blue.jpg
    Punch-Out_Dark-Blue.jpg

Punch-Out_Light-Green.jpg
    Punch-Out_Dark-Green.jpg

Punch-Out_Light-Pink.jpg
    Punch-Out_Dark-Pink.jpg

Punch-Out_Light-Red.jpg
    Punch-Out_Dark-Red.jpg

File: Punch-Out.Zip

Embers Font Icon Pack - V.2
    Made to work with the 'Embers' dock. Font based icon set, full words. Updated to work with my better understanding of how the LP icon's are sized.
    All icons are 85x85px

Preview:
    Embers-Font_Preview.jpg

File: Embers-Font.Zip

Flat Grain Font Icon Pack
    Made to work with the 'Flat Grain' dock. These are a font based icon set, and unlike Embers quite a few are abreviated to make the font a bit bigger on the screen.
    All icons are 100x100px

Preview:
    Flat-Grain-Font_Preview.jpg

File: Flat-Grain-Font.Zip

Glassy Icon Pack
    I loved most of the actual symbols in Punch-Out, but really started to fall out of love with its general look, so I remade it. Glassy uses the symbols from Punch-Out as a basis, then I refined almost all of them, and added quite a few new ones bringing the total number of icons in this pack to 35.
    All icons are 66x66px

Preview:
    Glassy_Preview.jpg

File: Flat-Grain-Font.Zip

Reflected Icon Pack
    I love text based icons, its what I use on my desktop. I also really liked how I did the "Flat Grain Font" icons. So i took the basic idea of Flat-Grain, got rid of the arrow, and added a reflection. I am currently loving this on my phone and hope you will too.
    All icons are 100x52px

Preview:
    Reflected_Preview.jpg

File: Reflected.Zip
    I am alive! I was out of work since last January and it finally caught up to me. I am working again, have internet once more, and should get me computer back this week. Expect more docks and the finally completed pack to actually finally be coming!

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App
    Great news!! We now have hosting!! All the images in this thread have been moved over to the hosting provided by the very excellent mike_art03a

Hopefully now all my bandwidth woes are behind me :p

Also, I fixed the Reflected icons pack, added in some new ones, and also made an App Drawer icon for the pack!! Enjoy!!
    Love love love your latest "Reflected" icons and dock, they look beautiful on my device!! A few requests if I may...

Alarm
    Maps
    Compass / shortened version, Cmps
    iGO
    Record
    A reflected version of your app drawer arrow icon for use with other docks as well!

Would greatly appreciate it :D

The app drawer icon is just part of the dock. I can make an icon for this pack though. As for the app requests, I try not to get too specific in terms of various apps, just doing the most commonly used apps, but I can for sure add in Alarm, Maps, Compass, and Record. Dont even know what iGO is :p

reflected icons look really great can i get some few icons
    flikie wallapaper
    gameboid
    n64oid
    widgetlocker
    tunein radio

would also like to get them for glassy icons too

Like i said above, I try not to get too specific on the icons in terms of apps. I feel it weighs down the icon pack when tons most might never use. Right now Im concentrating on reworking some previous icon packs and docks to make everything look and work better. I might add in more app specific icons later.

I have a slight issue with the new dock and icons (reflected). My icons appear to be a few pixels higher up than the preview, I don't know if it has to do with icons or the dock but something isn't quite right. It is just my phone? Can you shed any light on this?

snap20110307_213815.png

I thought my eyes might have been playing tricks on me, but I drew a line through on my picture and your preview picture and they are different :(.

EDIT: I just realized you stated you do the previews in PS so that could be a reason?

Yea in photoshop i line up everything as if we were in a perfect world. Im almost certain I know what happened to the icons. It was a goof on my end. Ill rework them and upload a new icon pack as soon as im back at my desktop ;)