155 posts
Thanks Meter: 32

By Taifuuni89, Senior Member on 4th August 2010, 08:36 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
25th February 2011, 09:30 PM |#181  
Flag Sarajevo
Thanks Meter: 4

More
It took me 3 hours for first time since I didn't know procedure.

I've followed youtube video for disassembly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lt9XNnjAcBc).

You have to be very careful and use non-metal tools so you don't damage case.

It's not so scary with keypad sensors on bottom (just at the 85% of disassembly be very careful).

I had bad luck and bought faulty display with bad touch (left side of display was always active, numbers are being dialed by self). I just return back and got a new one.

Don't glue anything or take off screen protect until you try if everything is OK.

*See image if you want to know where you need to use glue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	i9000.jpg
Views:	443
Size:	65.8 KB
ID:	527417  
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AmoKe For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift AmoKe Ad-Free

4th March 2011, 02:03 PM |#182  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Great thread guys!

I have a cracked screen so I ordered the new screen + digitizer from repairsuniverse. It got here to Canada pretty quick. I quickly read down through the posts and gave it a shot. Unfortunately I didn't really pay close enough attention to the posts on removing the screen down around the buttons and ended up cutting off the cable ribbons.

I've got a new piece ordered now from flexqueen. My repair just got that much more complicated!

So a lesson learned to anyone else attempting this. Be extremely careful around the buttons. Glued to the screen itself are very delicate sensors that are connected to the main body by very small and fragile cable ribbons.

Start removing the screen on one side at the middle of the body. Go up from there and then down around to the other side. Save the area of the screen next to the buttons for last. When you get to them, do not pry under the screen very far to loosen the glue or you may cut the ribbons like I did. A hairdryer or heatgun for that part of the screen may help loosen the glue that keeps the sensors attached to the screen.

The piece I now have to replace sort of wraps around the bottom of the frame and then the home button gets reattached over it. Promises to be complicated. I'm not looking forward to this.
4th March 2011, 05:43 PM |#183  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrew76

Great thread guys!

I have a cracked screen so I ordered the new screen + digitizer from repairsuniverse. It got here to Canada pretty quick. I quickly read down through the posts and gave it a shot. Unfortunately I didn't really pay close enough attention to the posts on removing the screen down around the buttons and ended up cutting off the cable ribbons.

I've got a new piece ordered now from flexqueen. My repair just got that much more complicated!

So a lesson learned to anyone else attempting this. Be extremely careful around the buttons. Glued to the screen itself are very delicate sensors that are connected to the main body by very small and fragile cable ribbons.

Start removing the screen on one side at the middle of the body. Go up from there and then down around to the other side. Save the area of the screen next to the buttons for last. When you get to them, do not pry under the screen very far to loosen the glue or you may cut the ribbons like I did. A hairdryer or heatgun for that part of the screen may help loosen the glue that keeps the sensors attached to the screen.

The piece I now have to replace sort of wraps around the bottom of the frame and then the home button gets reattached over it. Promises to be complicated. I'm not looking forward to this.

I have the same problem , i have a new flexcable of the buttons , but now i dont know what i need to do , i need glue "back" and "options" buttons at the Screen again ? or glue the flex buttons on the chassi? and what kind of glue i have to use ? sorry about my bad english.
9th March 2011, 06:01 PM |#184  

More
please helpme
9th March 2011, 09:52 PM |#185  

More
:)
Hello, i broke my sgs's screen few days ago on a accident... Thnx god i'm fine except my phone

What you are doing is really amazing guys and inspired me so much So i ordered a new screen on ebay from easyworldwidetrading user. I took off broken screen acording what you told in here it was pretty easy and took 10 minutes now i'm waiting for new screen excitedly...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070447.jpg
Views:	200
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	538111   Click image for larger version

Name:	P1070448.jpg
Views:	193
Size:	85.2 KB
ID:	538112  
12th March 2011, 06:42 PM |#186  

More
great thread guys already disassembled the old screen successfully just need to put the new one in.

edit: replaced and working great, thanks for everyone who contributed.
13th March 2011, 12:17 AM |#187  

More
please guys help me , i need glue the sensor´s ( buttons) again ate the screen , or glue at chassi ?
13th March 2011, 07:21 AM |#188  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik4rdinh0

please guys help me , i need glue the sensor´s ( buttons) again ate the screen , or glue at chassi ?

Glue them to the chassis.
Sent from my GT-I9000
17th March 2011, 09:53 PM |#189  
Flag Düsseldorf
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Thanks for the guide, but i hope, i never have to replace my screen (when it breaks)
18th March 2011, 12:08 PM |#190  

More
Yeah i dropped my phone from quite a height the other day by accident but not 1 scratch, i was very lucky
20th March 2011, 03:08 PM |#191  

More
Unhappy
Recap: Screen broke, and in taking off the old screen I cut the cable ribbons on the back and menu buttons.

Well I finally have my new screen replaced as well as the circuits for the home, menu and back keys. The good news is the screen replacement turned out great! The bad news, is that none of the buttons work. I must have screwed something up there.

Now I'm pretty friggin frustrated. After shelling out close to $200 for parts, I'll just have to trash the phone and look for a whole new one. No one around these parts does repairs on these new phones.... well one group does but they tell me they haven't actually worked on a new Samsung droid before so I'd end up paying them twice as much and they still wouldn't know what they are doing either.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)